• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlakChamber

Post-GAME 5: Red Wings 5, Flames 1 (4/21)

Rate this topic

I can't remember being *this* mad after a game in forever....

Same here...Calgary should be ashamed of themselves, and there should be one, if not two suspensions for game six. Mclennan should be gone for the series.

LOSERS. Powerful word, but thats what they acted liek today, and in a lot of the series.

There should be three suspensions handed out: one for the cheap uppercut on an unsuspecting Lebda, one for the cheap two handed slash to the midsection on Franzen, and one for the cheap butt-end on Schneider. A message absolutely needs to be sent, this was gutless, and disgusting. Chalk it up to "frustration", it reeks more of goonery and it absolutely should not be tolerated.

There should be three suspensions handed out: one for the cheap uppercut on an unsuspecting Lebda, one for the cheap two handed slash to the midsection on Franzen, and one for the cheap butt-end on Schneider. A message absolutely needs to be sent, this was gutless, and disgusting. Chalk it up to "frustration", it reeks more of goonery and it absolutely should not be tolerated.

I agree :clap:

Same here...Calgary should be ashamed of themselves, and there should be one, if not two suspensions for game six. Mclennan should be gone for the series.

LOSERS. Powerful word, but thats what they acted liek today, and in a lot of the series.

Mclennan should just be gone, never to return. he should get minium 15 game suspension from that.

Mclennan should just be gone, never to return. he should get minium 15 game suspension from that.

and it better be longer than 20 games that hill got for druggin' it up!

Edited by OsGOD

Hey guys, I'm obviously a pred fan and watching your game (I have fantasy picks invested :) ) ..anyways..as most of you, i was pretty shocked to see their backup do what he did. From someone not invested in either team, I would definately say it was an ordered hit for the backup to do all that bs. Here's to agreeing with Wings fans for once :o ..on bad circumstances

On another note, typical ignorant pred fan question :lol: What the hell is this buttend by Iggs, i completely missed it. Did he throw his stick from the box? :lol:

WOW,

DIRTY, DIRTY DIRTY WINGS TEAM RIGHT NOW

And you said the Flames played dirty,, but hey, anything to get a win

Watch out in Game 6, we all know the Flames won't win the series now....but oh Look OUt in Game 6 at the DOme

I see trouble brewing for the Wings in Game 6.....

Like I said in the GDT, the Flames are nothing but a bunch of gutless pukes who take liberties and would pass it off as "toughness" when the game's out of hand. The fact is they've been outplayed for long stretches in this series, and are lucky they're even still playing in the first place!

Anyway, just an absolutely dominating game by the Wings today! They weathered the storm in the 1st period, and came alive in the 2nd, starting with the penalty shot goal by Cleary. Huge, HUGE props to Zetterberg for his two goals, and especially to the whole team for their excellent special teams play! This is a convincing win, and with the Wings steaming from the cheap play by the Flames, I think the Wings are going to light them up in Calgary.

Edited by CopenhagenWing

All respect that i had for iginla and the flames organization just went down the toilet, the last 3 minutes were the most disgusting things i have seen watching hockey. The hit on franzen by that punk goalie, cheap shot on schinder by igoonla. the wings won and im furious still. Knock these punks out tomroww boys. I think calgary just overtook the lanchies as my most hated team, bunch of losers. GO WINGS :angry:

Suspension for this game should be:

Iginla for butt-ending. Usually an automatic suspension but they won't do anything to him. He's a waste of talent. Too good of a player to goon it up like that.

Langkow should be suspended for that sucker-punch to Lebda.

McLennan will be suspended for that hatchet job on Franzen. And it should be LONG.

Playfair should be suspended for putting McLennan in the game to do that. I'm sorry, there's no way the backup goalie does that on his own 30 seconds after he comes into the game. Playfair put out a hit on our player, John Chaney style, and as someone else said, strangely enough it's the only player that can be suspended with no impact on the team.. It's an embarassment to the game of hockey. They need to investigate it. That came from the top.

And these refs should be done for a) that call on Maltby, b) losing complete control of this game. They call 5 and a game on Langkow and none of this happens. Instead, they let him get away with a blatant sucker punch. It's a joke.

My bet: Langkow and McLennan are suspended. McLennan has to be, and if they suspend Langkow the league will be able to get away without suspending Iginla--who you KNOW they don't want to miss the next game.

Wow, Melrose just said that call on Maltby was a "good call"

-Tim

Mclennan will probably get a suspension. That sucker punch will go unpunished and finally here is no way Iginla will be suspended. Welcome to the real world.

If no suspensions are handed out I say if the Wings are losing late in game 6 they should just start karate chopping every Flames player they can find in order to make game 7 easier. It was obvious what Calgary was trying to do once today's game was over and we should be only too happy to return the favor should we find ourselves down in game 6.

:thumbdown: to Calgary today. I would be embarrassed if my team exhibited the behavior that the Flames showed today.

I would not object to Josh Langfeld mysteriously appearing into the line up, his bulls eye targeting one Miikka Kiprusoff, if the proper suspensions are not handed out (they won't be).

I would. Seriously, that's what makes us a better organization, regardless of the outcome of the series.

Goonery like what Calgary did today, or like you're suggesting there, has no place in hockey.

On another note, typical ignorant pred fan question :lol: What the hell is this buttend by Iggs, i completely missed it. Did he throw his stick from the box? :lol:

Skated up next to schnider and swung his stick into his side sorta like that old battle ramming tool to open doors.

1) GREAT GAME!! very exciting.. last 5minutes was disgusting tho

2) 1st Line is back! they were amazing tonight. And Z is back on track..!!

3) Only me who think lilja was cute in the end when he stepped up for draper? hehe. <3

4) cleary was amazing in the first period.. but what a FREAK accident.. what happend? i thought he was out for good!! :(

5) i've lost alot of respect for calgary and i'm hoping we can get this over with tomorrow!! GO WINGS!!!

I want suspension to Igoonla and a huge fine to Playfair (or suspension if it is technically possible).

I agree with everything you said, but I would like to add a huge suspension for Mclennan. I mean, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???

I am amazed to see the Flames dissolve like they did. I always imagined them to be a somewhat civilized hockey team, but to do what they did in the last 5 minutes? No.

My Wife is a Calgary Fan (mainly just because she like Kipper), and she was laid up in bed with a headache most of the game, but came out and watched just before Datsyuk's goal.

She had this to say:

About Calgary: "They look like a bunch of little boys with no balls!"

About Playfair: "Idiot!", "I hope they are taking resumés for coach after this.", "He dresses worse than he coaches!", "His name is now Hairless-Nutsack-Boy!"

About Mclennan after his hit on Franzen: "What the HELL?", "Idiot!"

Then, to finish off the game: "I guess the Flames don't want the cup after all."

I love her, I really do............................ :blush::P

GO WINGS GO!!!!

I can see them taking the momentum from this game to Calgary tommorow night and finishing it there.

My three stars:

#1: Zetter for his pair of goals.

#2: Cleary - no explanation needed if you watched the game.

#3: Chellios for his shorty.