• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MJN

Calgary is the new Colorado

Rate this topic

Despite the fact that Calgary is a team full of thugs....I'm now really excited by this rivalry. Kipper has become the new Patrick Roy, Iginla the new Sakic (though not even remotely as classy) etc etc....despite what happens in the series, I can't wait until next year's first regular season encounter. I envision a bench clearing brawl. If only we had Shanny to lay out Kipper...

The only thing that holds this rivalry back from being as good as Colorado is the fact that Calgary hasn't won a Stanley Cup and proven they are worthy of our own skill.

Despite the fact that Calgary is a team full of thugs....I'm now really excited by this rivalry. Kipper has become the new Patrick Roy, Iginla the new Sakic (though not even remotely as classy) etc etc....despite what happens in the series, I can't wait until next year's first regular season encounter. I envision a bench clearing brawl. If only we had Shanny to lay out Kipper...

The only thing that holds this rivalry back from being as good as Colorado is the fact that Calgary hasn't won a Stanley Cup and proven they are worthy of our own skill.

No way.

Calgary doesn't have a 1/20th of the talent those Colorado teams had.

No way.

That's why I said they needed to win a Stanley cup...still you can say what you want, but they did knock us out of the playoffs, and they've given us a tough time again. While they don't have anywhere as many pure premier players, they have a grittiness and skillset that deserves respect. Don't get me wrong, I'm a wings fan through and through, but I can't think of any team I hate more, and yet would be thrilled to play anytime.

What's more, Calgary is a real hockey town that dies for their team like Detroiters do, unlike those soft hippies in Colorado, who barely make a peep at the Pepsi center....

No way, at least I had respect for Colorado. Colorado actually had skill and talent that was able to bring it physically. Calgary is full of a bunch of goonish babies who depend on power plays for absolutely everything.

Edited by aflac9262

I've got no problem with Kipper, he's an outstanding goalie and I haven't seen him do anything that mimics Roy or be compared to him (other than being a very good goalie). However, I completely disagree with comparing Iginla to Sakic. IMO after the display I saw from Iginla tonight, the "C" should be stripped from his sweater. He has absolutely no class on the ice and saying he is like Sakic is an insult to Sakic. Definitely not captain material.

Edited by Copenhagen848

A rivalry? perhaps. But totally on a different level than the Avalanche. Combined the wings and avs won the cup 5 out of 7 years. The only real dirty thug on the Avs was Claude Lemieux, although there were other players I despised. Sure there were brawls, but mostly the two teams beat each other with skill that was fun for all hockey fans to watch...I don't really see a comparison to Calgary at all.

Really?

Well they haven't won one in recent years, tampa knocked them out last time

Besides, WHAT THE HELL IS A CALGARY FLAMES FAN IN A WINGS FORUM????

Calgary is a team who hasn't won a stanley cup in more than 18 years, I WASN'T EVEN BORN WHEN THAT HAPPENED(well just some 6 months apart)

Anyway they might become the new Colorado, only time will tell

LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Guest Agalloch

Really?

Shouldn't you be over on your Flames forums discussing how awesome Iginla, Nilsson, Langkow, and McClennan's goonery was? I know you guys fully support that in lolberta.

That's why I said they needed to win a Stanley cup...still you can say what you want, but they did knock us out of the playoffs, and they've given us a tough time again. While they don't have anywhere as many pure premier players, they have a grittiness and skillset that deserves respect. Don't get me wrong, I'm a wings fan through and through, but I can't think of any team I hate more, and yet would be thrilled to play anytime.

What's more, Calgary is a real hockey town that dies for their team like Detroiters do, unlike those soft hippies in Colorado, who barely make a peep at the Pepsi center....

No.

all those years with Colorado, they weren't barely getting into the playoffs as an 8 seed and they sure as hell could win on the road, something this bunch of goons in Calgary hasn't gone much of this year.

Short of this Calgary group winning 2 or 3 Cups in a 4 year span, they don't have a damn thing on Colorado, except that they both play in the West and both team locations start with a C :D

If anything, this loser group from Calgary more resembles the St. Louis teams from the late 90s and early 2000s. They couldn't beat the Wings and turned to straight thuggery when it was obvious. And while they didn't go completely stupid like McLennan did, stuff like what Langkow and Iginla did were pretty common.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

Ummmm...you have proven your self an idiot...the Flames have a won a cup..thank you playing and make sure to try again!

Ummmm...you have proven your self an idiot...the Flames have a won a cup..thank you playing and make sure to try again!

And with nothing to come back with, Flame goon fan misses the obvious point that THIS current group hasn't won a Cup, and won't win a Cup either.

Keep trying.

No way.

Agreed. The only way Calgary can win is by cheap shots, much like Nashville. Colorado had teams capable of winning.

Yeah really, I feel Calgary is a new rival, yet Colorado? NO. Let them win a few more games, then we'll talk about a serious rival, let them contend with us during the playoffs in the WCF, then we'll concider them a major rival, let them steal a Cup from us, then they're a huge rival.

Besides, WHAT THE HELL IS A CALGARY FLAMES FAN IN A WINGS FORUM????

Well, this particular Calgary fan has been a member here for quite a while and is a respected poster.

Please discontinue telling who should post where.

Edited by CopenhagenWing

That's great, you should be proud of your 1 cup. In fact, I think I'm going to go and look at our 10 championship banners, 3 of those coming in the last 10 years.

Guest LivingtheDream

Why do we all keep trying to reinvent a rivarly? The Avs and Wings were a once in a lifetime combination of the greatests and most intense hockey on the planet. Just accept that nothing can top it. If anything does top it, it will happen on its own and we will all know it. However, I will say this.: If someone is filling McCarty's shoes (or skates), it is Dan Cleary.