Should We Keep Bertuzzi?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 BertuzziTheNewWing

BertuzziTheNewWing

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

Of course you can tell by my name that I am a big fan of Bertuzzi ever since the wings got him. But the Wings are known for getting big name players and getting rid of them not to long after they aquire them. Derian Hatcher is a prime example. So what do you think will happen to him after this year?

Of course I am all for finishing his career in Detroit thumbup.gif

#2 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:29 PM

Loosing Hatcher I think was a different situation. He left during the lockout during a time when a lot of people had moved around.

Wasn't Hatcher injured quite a bit too?
Posted Image

#3 BertuzziTheNewWing

BertuzziTheNewWing

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

Yes he was. Pretty much most of the wings season. He was just something to make the Wings look good on the roster sheet laugh.gif

#4 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:46 PM

i think with what Bert has done this year in the playoffs (score, hit, agitate) he's cemented his role here. I think calder and lang on the other hand are gonners.

#5 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

I'd rather get someone else that can take his place that would possibly drop the gloves more. We also have to give up a 2nd to keep him, you guys remember?

#6 theman19

theman19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE(arin @ April 21, 2007 - 08:37PM) View Post

I'd rather get someone else that can take his place that would possibly drop the gloves more. We also have to give up a 2nd to keep him, you guys remember?

it's not a deep draft and we still have a our 1st pick, i say he stays, you say he goes,...will see how it pans out i guess. If he signs for a discount it's a no brainer

#7 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(theman19 @ April 21, 2007 - 08:57PM) View Post

it's not a deep draft and we still have a our 1st pick, i say he stays, you say he goes,...will see how it pans out i guess. If he signs for a discount it's a no brainer

I was reading on Yahoo! that rumor was that Phoenix might be looking to sign Bertuzzi, but considering his play so far has no doubtly earned him a space on the wings, Lang and a couple of others will be gone (clearing up 5+ million in space), the pressure Florida will put on him to sign (getting them a draft pick), I do not think the Coyotes will be able to sign him. I guess Forsberg might be a candidate for them, but I believe Bert will be back next year as a Wing
40 for life.

#8 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

People say it's not a deep draft because there's no superstars in it. We have done pretty well with 2nd rounders and the more the better, especially if we lose more picks for Bert's involvment in the playoffs. There's nothing that special about Bert that some other power forward could do, possibly even better.

#9 foreignfan

foreignfan

Red wings stanley cup champs 2006-2007

• 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(RedLightGoesOn @ April 21, 2007 - 08:22PM) View Post

I was reading on Yahoo! that rumor was that Phoenix might be looking to sign Bertuzzi, but considering his play so far has no doubtly earned him a space on the wings, Lang and a couple of others will be gone (clearing up 5+ million in space), the pressure Florida will put on him to sign (getting them a draft pick), I do not think the Coyotes will be able to sign him. I guess Forsberg might be a candidate for them, but I believe Bert will be back next year as a Wing

NO WAY!

THE GREAT ONE said he won't be hiring anyone over 30 during an interview on NHL.com, so believe who you wanna believe.

As for Lang, I think he is a great dude(i remmember 2004 playoffs when he helped Stevie off the ice) but he is lacking the points he used to score, I say we dump him

As for Bertuzzi, I say we keep him, after all, Draft picks usually take time to become NHLers, Bert is already a star player.

LETS GO RED WINGS

#10 Sandman

Sandman

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

If the Wings win this series against the flames, I say he stays. If we lose then who knows??

#11 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:22 PM

Bertuzzi has been good and I think he's on his way to becoming a fan favorite. He's kept his cool under pressure and the fans love the physical presence he brings. It was great seeing him out there today. Whenever a Flames player was talking s*** he would skate by and just brush up against them so they knew he was there. That's something the Wings have been missing.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#12 glasgowcelticwing

glasgowcelticwing

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE(theman19 @ April 22, 2007 - 12:46AM) View Post

i think with what Bert has done this year in the playoffs (score, hit, agitate) he's cemented his role here. I think calder and lang on the other hand are gonners.

I'd be really pissed off if the Wings let Calder leave.
^^Thanks Offsides^^
RIP PHIL O'DONNELL,1972-2007.
RIP TOMMY BURNS, 1956-2008 .
you'll never walk alone.

#13 arin

arin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(foreignfan @ April 21, 2007 - 09:45PM) View Post

NO WAY!

THE GREAT ONE said he won't be hiring anyone over 30 during an interview on NHL.com, so believe who you wanna believe.

As for Lang, I think he is a great dude(i remmember 2004 playoffs when he helped Stevie off the ice) but he is lacking the points he used to score, I say we dump him

As for Bertuzzi, I say we keep him, after all, Draft picks usually take time to become NHLers, Bert is already a star player.

LETS GO RED WINGS

Yeah, but there are plenty of power forwards just like Bert that we can sign this season and keep the draft pick.
One star power forward - check
One potential NHLer - check

or

One star power forward

#14 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(arin @ April 22, 2007 - 11:38AM) View Post

Yeah, but there are plenty of power forwards just like Bert that we can sign this season and keep the draft pick.

There aren't plenty of power forwards in the NHL, let alone plenty of ones we can sign.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#15 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

A Bert in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Posted Image

#16 theman19

theman19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(Offsides @ April 22, 2007 - 11:54AM) View Post

A Bert in the hand is worth two in the bush.

wow that sounded dirty,...lol,...

i digress, yeah i agree

#17 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

Definitly. I love Bertuzzi now that he plays for the Wings. He is just the type of player that the Wings have needed for so long. He really played great in Game 4, and didn't let all the booing get to him and effect his game.

#18 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(theman19 @ April 22, 2007 - 01:36PM) View Post

wow that sounded dirty,...lol,...

i digress, yeah i agree

I meant it to be witty...but yeah, it does sound dirty tongue.gif

Posted Image

#19 CAredwingsfan91

CAredwingsfan91

Mike Fisher = Luckiest guy in the NHL

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

i really hope we keep bert he has been throwing his body around lately and we need that.
You shook Sinatra's hand, you should know better.

#20 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

undecided. lets see what happens tonight with the goons (flames) and if he steps up when needed or not.
IPB Image