• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BertuzziTheNewWing

Should We Keep Bertuzzi?

Rate this topic

Yeah, I say -- still -- take the gamble! He was trying despite having considerable problems out there with his back. he'll now have time to get 100% and condition himself in the summer.

Bert at 100% in a Wings jersey sounds awesome. He's definately worth the risk- as long as we can afford him. I echo the sentiment that he would be a great replacement for Lang. Not that I hate Lang or anything, but between the two it's no contest to me.

Of course you can tell by my name that I am a big fan of Bertuzzi ever since the wings got him. But the Wings are known for getting big name players and getting rid of them not to long after they aquire them. Derian Hatcher is a prime example. So what do you think will happen to him after this year?

Of course I am all for finishing his career in Detroit :thumbup:

if the is right keep him

i think with what Bert has done this year in the playoffs (score, hit, agitate) he's cemented his role here. I think calder and lang on the other hand are gonners.

What playoffs were you watching? :rolleyes:

:D A healthy Todd Betuzzi playing for the next season Wings........... :yowza:

The Red Wings have just gotta do everything they can to keep the " Freight Train". :thumbup:

Uhhh he sucks.....where do you get this frieght train crap from? :rolleyes:

:D A healthy Todd Betuzzi playing for the next season Wings........... :yowza:

The Red Wings have just gotta do everything they can to keep the " Freight Train". :thumbup:

I agree! I think we will make a great addition to the team next year. We need that power forward. No enforcer, but we could really use Bert as a power forward!

I think we should get someone like Cheechoo, Zajac, or Kariya and if Dom wants to leave we should think about getting Kolzig or a good young player!!!! :idea:

:punch:

:starwars:

Kolzig has spent 20 years with the Caps, and is about to retire. He also is pricey and not that good. Why the f*** would you even think about wanting him?

no let bert, calder, lang, and schneider go.....

Go with

Filp(.850) Dats(6.7) Homer (2.250)

Kopecky(*.900?) Zetts(2.7) **Harnell / Zubrus (2.2)

Cleary (.675) Draps (2.128) Malts (.883)

Franz (.900) Hulder (*1.?) Sammy (1.2)

Lids (7.6) Kron (1.5)

Lil (1.) Lebda (.550)

**Whitney (1.5) Cheli (*1.)

Ozzy (.800)

Giggy (5.5)

Total 33.186

Sign Goalie Giggy 5.5

Winger Hartnell or Zubrus 2.2

D Man Ryan Whitney 1.5

Total 42.386, and still room for trades!

no let bert, calder, lang, and schneider go.....

Go with

Filp(.850) Dats(6.7) Homer (2.250)

Kopecky(*.900?) Zetts(2.7) **Harnell / Zubrus (2.2)

Cleary (.675) Draps (2.128) Malts (.883)

Franz (.900) Hulder (*1.?) Sammy (1.2)

Lids (7.6) Kron (1.5)

Lil (1.) Lebda (.550)

**Whitney (1.5) Cheli (*1.)

Ozzy (.800)

Giggy (5.5)

Total 33.186

Sign Goalie Giggy 5.5

Winger Hartnell or Zubrus 2.2

D Man Ryan Whitney 1.5

Total 42.386, and still room for trades!

Whitney is an RFA, and Pittsburgh won't be giving him up. Kopecky makes half that, and Hudler and Chelios likely will be under 1m. Hartnell will cost almost TWICE the figure you put. But that defense is scary bad. Lebs and Lilja are NOT top four guys.

mk13 - Kopecky on the 2nd line? Are you kidding me?

If Kopecky manages to actually put fourth an NHL career, it will be as a 4th liner. He doesn't have enough offensive talent to be anything more. By the way, the reason I say "manages" is because his shoulder/collerbone injury may hamper him for a long time. He had a very serious injury.

I don't care for your lines that much. Hudler is easily expandable. If the Wings can't get anything for him, then I hope he just goes back to Europe. We need more size, not someone small like Hudler. He'll never make it here on this team anyways, as long as Babcock is coach. Keep Bertuzzi and dump Hudler. We need the size.

I don't care for your lines that much. Hudler is easily expandable. If the Wings can't get anything for him, then I hope he just goes back to Europe. We need more size, not someone small like Hudler. He'll never make it here on this team anyways, as long as Babcock is coach. Keep Bertuzzi and dump Hudler. We need the size.

Hudler's neither expandable nor expendable. Look at what he did this year. He turned crap minutes into 15 goals. He has a wealth of offensive potential, no reason to throw it away before giving him a legitimate shot with the team. Give him some time on the second line and if he's getting smoked trade him.

Yeah, I say -- still -- take the gamble! He was trying despite having considerable problems out there with his back. he'll now have time to get 100% and condition himself in the summer.

agreed.

He's here and probably worth a short term gamble.

Though honestly I don't have high hopes for him being the physical player with a scoring touch that he could be. I'd love for him to sign with the wings and prove me wrong though. As I said in another thread, on paper he's exactly what they need.

If we could get him cheap, sign him... :deal: But only if he's healthy. Remember he's had a long time off with his surgery and all. So the start of the year he could be in prime Bertuzzi shape...

Go Wings :drunk:

Edited by Production Line

I just wonder how long it will take till bert is not play again with a bad back. And how long it will take for the Holland bashing thred. This is so funny trade deadline i recall some ppl bashing holland for tradeing for him. He sucked in the playoffs was a waste of a spot and is no where near what he was or ever will be. Bert is done as the big tuff hitter that he was. I say cut you lose use the money on someone who can still play. 2 mil is alot for a guy who has not played much in 2 years. Maybe thats why florida cut there loses and the cunks.