• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

omnipotent_hudler

TSN reporting Lebda has suffered concussion

Rate this topic

Reading another forum that I frequent, someone watching TSN is saying that TSN is reporting that Lebda has suffered a concussion from Langkow's sucker punch on him.(Sorry if this has been posted in one of the other numerous post-game discussions, if it has then please delete this topic).

I'll be watching the TSN site for a confirmation on this, if anyone else comes across a confirmation source feel free to post it.

link to site(and thread) where I saw this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...p;pagenumber=17

Direct quote from original "reporting"

Watching TSN reviewing the game now. Apparently Lebda has a concussion from that sucker punch from Langkow when they got tied up along the boards.

Hopefully if it's true it's not too bad and Lebda can play in game 6.

Guest Crymson

If Detroit can call up Quincey quick enough, there may not be a debate about which forward gets benched. We may be seeing 13 forwards next game.

I'd look for Calder or Samuelsson on defense. Better that than Quincey or Hussey.

Our defenseman who are capable of playing the point are dropping like flies.

I'd look for Calder or Samuelsson on defense. Better that than Quincey or Hussey.

I dont think any forward will take regular shifts as a defenseman. If they do, Id expect it to be Draper.

Reading another forum that I frequent, someone watching TSN is saying that TSN is reporting that Lebda has suffered a concussion from Langkow's sucker punch on him.(Sorry if this has been posted in one of the other numerous post-game discussions, if it has then please delete this topic).

I'll be watching the TSN site for a confirmation on this, if anyone else comes across a confirmation source feel free to post it.

link to site(and thread) where I saw this:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...p;pagenumber=17

Direct quote from original "reporting"

Hopefully if it's true it's not too bad and Lebda can play in game 6.

There will be no suspension that was quite the chop by lebda imo...also a cheap shot my langkow but the punch was not that bad from the replays at least

There will be no suspension that was quite the chop by lebda imo...also a cheap shot my langkow but the punch was not that bad from the replays at least

excuse me? the punch wasn't bad??? What were you watching?

Edited by wingschamps

Lankow is one of many animals on this team. There not the type of animals on Noah Ark either!!!!!!

Its a couple of you Calgary fans, you included on this board that condone any kind of s*** :scared: . I hope Lebda gets better quickly.

If Langkow is still playing in Game 6, which would be a disgrace, then someone had better feed him his lunch. :angry:

:D

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mclennen is the only one handed a suspension. It seams like we always get the short end of the stick with things like this. All I know is, Im gonna completely lose it if Iginla isnt suspended.

Unbelievable you're making Lebda out as the victim here.

They were both equally stupid. The game is a blowout, theres absolutley no need for a hit like that. Nice attempt to end the guys career.

Langkow reacted, overreacted, but Jesus, that hit was vicious.

I've read no solid evidence that Lebda has a concussion as of yet, but its not ruled out either. Babcock may have wanted him off the bench for his protection (ie keep all valuable players off the ice, leave all the tough guys in the ice who can best handle cheap shots and punches)

It was a suckerpunch, and it was heavy, and a retaliation. We don't need that in the league and I will honestly be surprised if he doesn't get at least a one game suspension.

Their goalie is clearly gone. Probably for a while.

Iginla will stay mostly so the game is exciting and keep fans watching. If Iginla is gone as well as Langkow, the series is over.

Unbelievable you're making Lebda out as the victim here.

They were both equally stupid. The game is a blowout, theres absolutley no need for a hit like that. Nice attempt to end the guys career.

Langkow reacted, overreacted, but Jesus, that hit was vicious.

End the guys career? Isn't that a little out of complex?

Langkow clearly got the worse shot in. If Lebda is seriously injured on this, and does have a concussion, they Langkow better damn well be suspended. I really didn't think he needed to be suspended before, but if Lebda is injured at all, they he better be.

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mclennen is the only one handed a suspension. It seams like we always get the short end of the stick with things like this. All I know is, Im gonna completely lose it if Iginla isnt suspended.

Calgary has played like a bunch of animals if you ask me. I think Ijginla, Mr.stick Goalie, and Lankow should all be out game 6 :angry::thumbup::lol::clap::yowza: .

As far as I'm concerned, the hit was just a sloppy attempt as the hit known as "the hip check", as popularized by Rob Blake. I mean it was an awkward hit due to the sloppiness, but I wouldnt exactly call that a dirty hit.

Concussion...?

You don't understand, man. They're just protecting their goalie.

Concussion-inducing uppercut to the face? Just protecting, man.

Baseball swing to the midsection? Just protecting, man.

Butt-of-the-stick spear? Just protecting, man.

Liberties with Draper? Just protecting, man.

The Wings are the real criminals here! Shame on them and their classless Kipper-running!

:rolleyes:

That punch was at least as bad as Tootoo, if not worse. Like someone else mentioned at least Tootoo was defending himself. Langkow just blatantly cheap shotted Lebda and then pushed his face into the ice. Dirty dirty play but it seems to be pretty typical for the Charlestown Flames. Maybe we can call up Clarence "Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown and Andre "Poodle" Loussier for payback. He should get suspended but probably won't. The NHL has proved itself to be a complete joke and I don't see that changing very soon.