• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

omnipotent_hudler

TSN reporting Lebda has suffered concussion

Rate this topic

Well his hit on Langkow was anything but clean. Langkow is one of the cleanest players on the Flames team, so what he did after that dirty knee on knee hit was totally justifiable.

Why is a guy who suffers from concussions hitting someone like that anyway

Look I am going to respond on an objective level, being someone who likes Langkow and even had him on my fantasy team.

I dont think lebda's hit merited a cheap shot punch, one where he literally grabbed him, picked him up so that his face was accesable and punched him right in the face. Then looked around with a grin on his face. This was absolutely disgusting no matter who did it. Now Lebda has a concussion for this?

So yeah, maybe the lebda hit wasnt the BEST hit, but then again if everyone in the NHL cheapshot punched everyone who comitted a penalty, such as high sticking or hooking, what kind of message would that send,

The behavior is simply unacceptable, and if you think lebda merited it, then you have other issues beyond a plain lack of common sense.

Every team has dirty players, whether you want to admit it or not

Lebda; hit was dirty, and should also be looked into as a knee on knee hit, therefore warranting a suspension

So yes, Wings too have dirty players, and they win bye laying out cheap shots and running goaltenders.

And getting away with it

want something to whine about here, wait Until you play the sharks

OMG. They will cream the Wings

Sweep them

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait for that to happen

Old geezers on the wings, won;t handle that, nor will good ole physco Hasek :clap::lol::clap::lol:

I like you. You're silly. :D

I don't know why langkow's sucker punch is a suprise to everyone...the flames can dish out the hits but they have NEVER been able to take them without reacting to it and throwing a cheap shot i'm not suprised or pissed it was just a matter of time in this series that they were gonna pull something like this. clean hit all the way, i forgot who it is on the flames but i know one of their players ALWAYS goes after the opposing teams knees, so the flames and that organization can go to hell.

Well his hit on Langkow was anything but clean.

I'll give you that solely on the fact that half the refs in the league will look at it legally, whereas the other half would've dished out the 2 minute minor.

Langkow is one of the cleanest players on the Flames team, so what he did after that dirty knee on knee hit was totally justifiable.

Please explain to me how his past 'cleanliness' has anything to do with sucker-punch justification, and for that matter, please explain to me how concussion-wielding sucker-punches are justifiable.

Cuz its the playoffs.

OK first off, This is my first post on these boards, Like the site!

IMO, The suspension should not come just because Lebda suffers a concussion. Even if Lebda does not suffer a concussion the suspension should still come. The League needs to put the hammer down on cheap shots/sucker punches such as these. From Langkows punch i can justify Tootoo's punch., atleast his was in some sort of self defence.

and for the people saying Lebda's hit was illegal have you ever seen hip check. I can for sure say that the play was at least interference on Lebda, but clipping....

Now Don cherry is on CBC saying it was a lowbridge when after doing some youtube surfing I find this video, and he calls them good hip checks :D Seems like some canadian homerism to me.

Well his hit on Langkow was anything but clean. Langkow is one of the cleanest players on the Flames team, so what he did after that dirty knee on knee hit was totally justifiable.

So concussions are like a chronic illness now!?!? Woooooooow :rotflmao: too funny!

I don't think anyone posted this, but Lebda does have a concussion according to MLive.com's Ansar Khan:

"First was Daymond Langkow’s sucker-punch on Brett Lebda with 8:35 left in the third period. Lebda has a concussion. He missed three games late in the season with a concussion after a hit from behind by the Blues’ Ville Nieminen. It was a stupid move by Langkow, who the Flames can’t afford to lose for Game 6. All Lebda did was upend him with a low hip check, possibly worthy of a penalty, not a punch."

Every team has dirty players, whether you want to admit it or not

Lebda; hit was dirty, and should also be looked into as a knee on knee hit, therefore warranting a suspension

So yes, Wings too have dirty players, and they win bye laying out cheap shots and running goaltenders.

And getting away with it

want something to whine about here, wait Until you play the sharks

OMG. They will cream the Wings

Sweep them

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't wait for that to happen

Old geezers on the wings, won;t handle that, nor will good ole physco Hasek :clap::lol::clap::lol:

hahaha wtf knee to knee? were you watching the same game? look at some replays and watch lebda's hip, ok? let me repeat that WATCH LEBDA'S HIP

I don't think anyone posted this, but Lebda does have a concussion according to MLive.com's Ansar Khan:

"First was Daymond Langkow’s sucker-punch on Brett Lebda with 8:35 left in the third period. Lebda has a concussion. He missed three games late in the season with a concussion after a hit from behind by the Blues’ Ville Nieminen. It was a stupid move by Langkow, who the Flames can’t afford to lose for Game 6. All Lebda did was upend him with a low hip check, possibly worthy of a penalty, not a punch."

Once again, I don't consider that an official source, but its not looking to promising...

Good sir, you do realize that all human beings suffer from concussions, right? If you get hit hard enough, there is always the chance you will suffer a concussion.

It's like saying:

Why is a guy like that who suffers from bones breaking riding his bike?

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

[/b]

So concussions are like a chronic illness now!?!? Woooooooow :rotflmao: too funny!

Uh, yes, actually. You have one concussion, you're more likely to get another off of a hit or something that might not give someone else a concussion.

Anyway, no matter how dirty you see Lebda's hit as, the retaliation is worse. Retaliation is always worse. You don't retaliate. Period.

Good sir, you do realize that all human beings suffer from concussions, right? If you get hit hard enough, there is always the chance you will suffer a concussion.

It's like saying:

:thumbup: lol

Haven't read thru the thread (by the title, no wonder) Lebda twisted his knee going for the hip check and he's done. So, the really interesting question is who replaces him... He looked like Hatcher with the acl the way he was helped off the ice... tho it looked more mcl but in any case he's prolly done.

Haven't read thru the thread (by the title, no wonder) Lebda twisted his knee going for the hip check and he's done. So, the really interesting question is who replaces him... He looked like Hatcher with the acl the way he was helped off the ice... tho it looked more mcl but in any case he's prolly done.

Source

It's like saying:

Huh? I don't suffer concussions. I've never suffered a concussion. I have the ability to suffer concussions, but to this day I still haven't.

- Houdini

Uh, yes, actually. You have one concussion, you're more likely to get another off of a hit or something that might not give someone else a concussion.

yeahh maybe he is more prone to have concussions because he's had so many, but it's not a frickin disease! He's not gonna stop playing hockey because he's had a few concussions. That first statement was retarded "Why is a guy who suffers from concussions hitting someone like that anyway"....i mean really now?? :blink: come on.

It's like saying:

^^exactly.

Anyway, no matter how dirty you see Lebda's hit as, the retaliation is worse. Retaliation is always worse. You don't retaliate. Period.

i agree.

The Ref's are going to be watching the Wings like a hawk tomorrow as they are thinking we are running into Mikka.

The phase "running the goalie" is being misused as a couple of times the Wings were pushed into Mikka via the Flames D and on the flip side Hudler did bump Mikka just touching him and he was called for a penalty.

Jamie and Damon should be suspended as it was totally uncalled for... He lifted his head up with one hand and nailed him.

Jerome and Dion are a little upset I think because they got nailed pretty good, Dion in game #4 and Jerome in game # 5. Both had to go off the ice and have some work done on them as they were bleeding pretty much in the same spot. They prob feel the Wings have been giving them head shots.

I am thinking the Flames coach is going to be in some trouble maybe as it was brought up before, it seemed he was trying to send a message to the Wings and the lumber jack swing to Franzen was premeditated.

I do hope Lebda will recover 100%

The Flames are losing respect and their level of class is dropping quickly.

Edited by Rivalred

OK first off, This is my first post on these boards, Like the site!

IMO, The suspension should not come just because Lebda suffers a concussion. Even if Lebda does not suffer a concussion the suspension should still come. The League needs to put the hammer down on cheap shots/sucker punches such as these. From Langkows punch i can justify Tootoo's punch., atleast his was in some sort of self defence.

and for the people saying Lebda's hit was illegal have you ever seen hip check. I can for sure say that the play was at least interference on Lebda, but clipping....

Now Don cherry is on CBC saying it was a lowbridge when after doing some youtube surfing I find this video, and he calls them good hip checks :D Seems like some canadian homerism to me.

:clap: nice catch on the video, can we say double standard?

Calgary's team has proved today to be a disgrace to the game of hockey. their down in the score, and the one thing on their mind is how many players they can injure for the remaining time left. It is completley digusting. That team is a bunch of lousy pathetic goons attempting to cling on to the playoffs by their claws by trying to cheapshot their way to a win. F*** you flamers and all your obnoxious fans with the sped helmets thinking your team is a hockey team when all they amount to iis a group of cheapshot artists and a big pile of s***.

You don't understand, man. They're just protecting their goalie.

Concussion-inducing uppercut to the face? Just protecting, man.

Baseball swing to the midsection? Just protecting, man.

Butt-of-the-stick spear? Just protecting, man.

Liberties with Draper? Just protecting, man.

The Wings are the real criminals here! Shame on them and their classless Kipper-running!

:rolleyes:

YOU CAN'T BE BLOODY SERIOUS!

Iginla is out of his mind, a capitan SHOULD HAVE CONTROL OVER HIS TEAM, AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE, BY FAIR PLAY, NOT THIS "JUST PROTECTING"!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had 9 knee surgeries including 2 ACL (all in my left knee) and it certainly didn't look good. It definitely looked like he hurt his knee (or ankle at the very least) by sliding into the boards feet first and twisting the way it did. Plus, when he was taken off he couldn't even put weight on it. He had to be helped off the ice (with no weight whatsoever on the leg) and down the locker room hall. Never a good sign.

From what we have heard so far, he's gotten a concussion. Hopefully, the leg injury will be minor or nonexistent but it certainly doesn't look that way. I bet he tore a knee ligament of some sort, which sucks considering the Wings defense is already low with Kronner out and now we'll have to call up someone.