• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zetterbergfuturemvp

i lost all respect for cbc

Rate this topic

Wow, he just said Calgary's problem is they can't score 5 on 5.

Um...when are they 5 on 5?

Ugh, and just said if Calgary did win tomorrow we're probably too old to win game 7....

ya i heard that too lol , bunch of morons , they said it would be tougher for us since we'd basically be playing 3 games in 4 nights ........i guess someone needs to remind them that we still got lots of young players in our team ....zetteberg , datsyuk,filppula,hudler,calder,franzen,markov,cleary etc ... all they think about is hasek and chelios and right away were an old team , they also said that since we played dirty and cheap ( according to them) that it would pump up the flames and make them play harder , am i the only one who thinks this but shouldnt it be the opposite ???????? since they slashed franzen and sucker punched lebda and iginla was running around hitting our guys doesnt it get us more pumped up ?? if i was on the team id so wanna beat their asses tomorrow and eliminate them

also ...i was watching nhl network are those biased f*cks are also flames supporters and were saying that lebda was playing cheap and was trying to take out langkows knees and that if he was playing he would of sucker punched him as well , and that even though mclellan was wrong for the slash he could understand why he did that and why iginla did what he did cause of lebda's actions .........LOL .......ridiculous thats all i have to say

To be fair to the Canadian media, here's The Hockey News' take on game 5.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

THN PLAYOFF BUZZ: CLASSLESS CALGARY

by Mike Brophy

Shame on the Calgary Flames.

It is one thing to uphold their tradition of being simply awful on the road this season in losing 5-1, but acting like a bunch of spoiled little brats in the final few minutes of Game 5 in Detroit was deplorable.

Nobody minds a team that plays hard, even physically, in a losing cause, but the Flames deliberately tried to hurt members of the Red Wings and must be held accountable by the league.

Among their many indiscretions, there was backup goalie Jamie McLennan’s three slashes on Detroit’s Johan Franzen, the third coming after the whistle when he slashed the Wing in the midsection. McLennan was brought into the game to replace starter Miikka Kiprusoff, who had to go back in after his backup was rightfully ejected.

Then there was Calgary captain Jarome Iginla butt-ending Detroit’s Mathieu Schneider and then cross-checking him. Iginla was only called for the cross-check, but TV replays clearly showed the butt-end. We’ll see how the NHL handles this one.

Two questions immediately spring to mind: Why the heck was Iginla on the ice in the first place? And what was Calgary coach Jim Playfair thinking? Maybe he should change his name to Playdirty.

The Flames are a very good hockey team, but they showed no class in losing on Saturday.

GOOD START The Flames actually had a decent start to Game 5. Defenseman Dion Phaneuf hit the post while his team held a 5-on-3 man advantage and Matthew Lombardi missed on a first period breakaway.

DAN THE MAN Detroit’s Dan Cleary, who has been a very important player for the Red Wings thus far in the playoffs, particularly in the physical department, had an interesting afternoon. First he scored on a penalty shot after being hauled down on a breakaway while killing a penalty. Then he tripped and fell head first into the boards and appeared, at first, to be seriously injured. Thankfully he was OK. Calgary defenseman Mark Giordano took no mercy on Cleary, ramming him hard into the boards late in the second period.

OLD MAN SHINES Detroit defenseman Chris Chelios, 45, became the oldest defenseman in NHL history to score a shorthanded goal when he connected at 10:54 of the second period. It was his 31st career playoff goal. Chelios played 15:50 and was plus-1, taking 24 shifts.

WHY BOTHER? You have to wonder how it will affect the two teams, having to fly to Calgary to play Game 6 on Sunday. The way the Flames play at home, why not just give them Game 6 and play Game 7 in Detroit?

CAN YOU SAY NORRIS? The only Red Wings goal Nicklas Lidstrom didn’t assist on was Cleary’s penalty shot tally. He was easily the game’s best player taking 36 shifts for 26 minutes and 26 seconds of ice time.

OUCH! Not exactly sure what Calgary defenseman Brad Stuart will be looking for in terms of salary as an unrestricted free agent this summer, but he has sure been exposed as not a No. 1 or No. 2 defenseman in this series.

FLY AIR BURT Dion Phaneuf is a tough kid who will one day win the Norris Trophy as the NHL's best defenseman. But when he decided to take on Detroit's Todd Bertuzzi late in Game 5, he looked like a little boy fighting a man. Bertuzzi flipped him onto the ice like he was a bag of feathers.

- Mike Brophy

i also watched the game today on cbc and before the game they went to ice level to a reporter which i cannot remember his name and he completely butchered everything!

"Detroits only lineup change is Calders back in for Hudler, and Regehr is still out for the red wings."

I think he said something else wrong too but I cannot remember, did anyone else catch this or am I crazy?

FLY AIR BURT Dion Phaneuf is a tough kid who will one day win the Norris Trophy as the NHL's best defenseman. But when he decided to take on Detroit's Todd Bertuzzi late in Game 5, he looked like a little boy fighting a man. Bertuzzi flipped him onto the ice like he was a bag of feathers.

- Mike Brophy

^^^ quote of the series

- Mike Brophy

I'm glad I'm not the only person to say something negative about Phaneuf--I've been thoroughly unimpressed with him in this series. Not saying he won't develop into a Norris-type in the future, but much like Chris Pronger early in his career, he still has a lot to learn about positional play and taking advantage of his size other than to drop a big hit once in a while (although he's been on the receiving end more).

They really hate the Wings, don't they? I am shocked by Don. I thought the guy was actually fair and respectable. Boy was I wrong! CBC *especially* him has been trashing the Wings ALL season. Calling them wusses, saying they can't tough it out that they are too soft and bla bla bla. Look at how great the Wings are playing skill wise, physically, mentally..etc and they still get no credit. It's unbelievable. I can't wait to eliminate the Flames tomorrow, and believe me we will. Enough is enough and I can't wait to shut these punks up.

I'm glad I'm not the only person to say something negative about Phaneuf--I've been thoroughly unimpressed with him in this series. Not saying he won't develop into a Norris-type in the future, but much like Chris Pronger early in his career, he still has a lot to learn about positional play and taking advantage of his size other than to drop a big hit once in a while (although he's been on the receiving end more).

It's true...Pronger was little more than a big, mean, ill-tempered bastard in his Hartford / early Blues days, not unlike Phaneuf. He gets caught up in the emotion of the game too easily, has committed some bad turnovers, and not been terribly effective on offense...but he's 21, it's only natural that he'll go through a playoff year or two like this before he learns how to maximizes his effectiveness. Hopefully after tomorrow he'll have a nice long offseason to go over what he did wrong.

Wow, you can post on LGW from your cell phone? Because this reads like a 10 year old girl's text message.

i lol'd

and didn't read the main article, can someone put it into english?

Ive been listening to Cherry for the last 16 years and ive always thought he was a moron. Nobody up here in Canada wants to admit it, but the guy knows dick all about hockey, and like someone said up there, he is borderline racist.

i lol'd

and didn't read the main article, can someone put it into english?

It's actually pretty easy and plain to understand, just a few uncapitalized letters, and a missing apostrophe or two.

Considering your small letter 'i' and that you just used lol as a verb -- I'd reconsider criticizing other people's grammar...

Anyone watch CBC today??? According to them the punishments were harsh. Hrudey says McLennan should have gotten a game, Iginla nothing, and Langkow nothing. MacLean and the other guy agreed.

Craig Simpson is an oiler assistant coach. So he knows nothing about Hockey.

Maclean is proving to be an idiot , and I've never like Hrudey , he's a bafoon

Hrudey was a sub-par goalie, at best, who only receives recognition because he played on teams with great players (Gretzky, for example). Because of this fact, he has a much bigger ego than he should and therefore thinks he knows enough to comment on NHL games. I rarely take anything he says seriously. And Ron Maclean used to be okay, but I think being paired with Grapes for so long has started to make him senile as well.

Wow, you can post on LGW from your cell phone? Because this reads like a 10 year old girl's text message.

Exactly what I was thinking.

your an ass, grow up.

It's "You're an ass. Grow up.", for heaven's sake. This board makes me want to teach remedial English.

I hate CBC. I have to watch American feeds when possible.

For a little perspective.....

I remember when the Blue Jays won the World Series in 1992. I was fairly certain that one of the American network announcers was going to pull a gun and off his buddies and then himself right on the air. The fact that that didn't happen, probably says more about him just being unprepared and unarmed than it does about anything else.

1. It's CBC, they're going to favor Canadian teams in most cases.

2. It's Don Cherry. Well, this one speaks for itself, I think :hehe:

3. Sentence structure is good :clap:

I generally like CBC, but they are homers for Canadian hockey. I guess that is ok, they are Canadian!

i was so glad i got to watch the game today with the nbc commentators and it pains me to know i gotta watch tomorrow's game wit their comments ........ im watching don cherry now and he's showing the mclellan slash to franzen and hes saying it was a little tap .......a little tap ??? LOL and then they showed franzen get his stick up on his head ( which looked totally an accident ) and they got the balls to say well if calgarys goalie is suspended for 1 game (like hes ever gonna play anyways ) shouldnt franzen ?? LOLLLLLLLLLLL these 2 old fools have lost their mind , and then cherry goes on to say we got calgary all pumped up and that theyd win tomorrow and then game 7 their on there own LOLL , and now i read the topic about lebda being possibly out by a sucker punch from one of their wimps ?? man oh man i am super pissed , i hope to god we destroy them tomorrow night

Easy, Grapes just hates Euros! I would lose all respect for CBC if they hired Barry Melrose.

Well lookie lookie.. Don Cherry saying the Wings played great last night and that they are a real difficult team to face. That they are smart in controlling themselves and not taking unnessary penatlies. ALSO that Chelios is amazing at his age. So calm and composed.

Ohh but Don..I thought the Flames were going to win games 6 & 7!