• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

normtwofinger

Question for Wings Fans

Rate this topic

i didn't see kiprusoff run once this whole game. your team needs to grow up. they're like a bunch of really big junior high kids.

That's the reason for my comment.

Check this out.

http://www.radio.cz/en/news/43896#3

Charges against ice hockey star Hasek reduced to misdemeanour

The Pardubice state prosecutor has reduced to a misdemeanour a charge against ice hockey star Dominik Hasek, who was accused of attacking an opponent during a game of in-line hockey. Police had requested that Mr Hasek, who is 38, face a charge of assault in connection with the incident, which left the other player with a broken nose and concussion. Mr Hasek, who has enjoyed an extremely successful career, recently rejoined the club Detroit Red Wings, a year after retiring from the game.

Looks like Hasek is just as classy as Noodles.

Seriously, im curious. If this whole situation were reversed, and you guys were down in the series and getting killed in game 5, how would you react if your backup came in and acted like McLennan?

I would be just as stunned and be in support of a just suspension.

Check this out.

The Pardubice state prosecutor has reduced to a misdemeanour a charge against ice hockey star Dominik Hasek, who was accused of attacking an opponent during a game of in-line hockey. Police had requested that Mr Hasek, who is 38, face a charge of assault in connection with the incident, which left the other player with a broken nose and concussion. Mr Hasek, who has enjoyed an extremely successful career, recently rejoined the club Detroit Red Wings, a year after retiring from the game.

If you made this thread with the sole purpose in mind of posting this, then you didn't need another whole thread to do the same. You're walking a thin line. There's something to be said for pointing that out - however, if that's the only reason you registered, to point that out, then having done that, we might need to ask if you need to continue. Be careful.

how about opening your eyes?? What about that disallowed goal?? And your team is a bunch of euro women.

Must suck that these "euro women" can make your big tough Canadian boys get in such a hissy fit. Please stop drinking the Don Cherry Kool-Aid. I love all your Flamer fans crying about Kipper being ran when Calgary's strategy (said by more t han one Flame player) was to rush Haseks goal and try to get him off his game.

Check this out.

That's kind of old news. What Hasek did was obviously wrong, but I don't get the point of bringing this up in comparison with this game. ;)

What about Dom swinging his stick at Iginla?? He was half a swing away from being just as bad as Noodles.

still grasping at straws, eh?

At best, Dom thought about it, and just put his stick out towards Igirla. It wasn't even a swing.

So yeah, you're right he's half a swing away from being as being as bad as Noodles. Just like Igirla was half a swing away from being as bad as Bertuzzi when he chased Schneider 100 feet to butt end him and crosscheck him.

Except of course that Bertuzzi thought he was getting retribution, misguided as he was. Schneider didn't do anything to to Igirla or his teammates, other than beat them on the scoreboard.

Check this out.

What about Dom swinging his stick at Iginla?? He was half a swing away from being just as bad as Noodles.

Well as evidenced by your quote about Hasek injuring someone in a in-line hockey game, it is obvious that Hasek is capable of hurting someone. So believe me, if Hasek wanted to hit Igninla, he would have. But he knows that this is too big of a series to be taking major penalties like mcullen did.

Im not a relgious dude..but the love of me I pray to bloody god we beat these guys

yeah, i'm an atheist, but i'll join in on that prayer. (not the part about the intelligent fans thing, flames fans aren't all bad, just the part about the winning the game thing) :thumbup:

Seriously, im curious. If this whole situation were reversed, and you guys were down in the series and getting killed in game 5, how would you react if your backup came in and acted like McLennan?

i'm not saying that osgood would do that. I'm just asking how you fans would have reacted if it did happen. How would you feel if Hasek was continuously getting run into with no help from the refs? I'd guess pretty pissed off. (I love america, all the swearing you want on public forums)

how about opening your eyes?? What about that disallowed goal?? And your team is a bunch of euro women.

Wow. You sure are an interesting person. You go from asking a halfway intelligent question to calling an opposing team "euro women". What the hell does that mean anyway? I like European Women, they are hot. I guess that was a compliment!!

Now about Wings Fans opening heir eyes and the disallowed goal being goalie interference. Wrong again buck-o. Maltby was skating past Kipper and got bounced by one Flame into another and then onto Kipper. Goalie Interference that is not. Watch the replay.

About Hasek's actions in the in-line hockey league. Rewind three years, and you would see me pissed off about that as well. Don't assume.

Now onto the thing you said that irks me the most. Comparing what Hasek did towards Iginla to what McLennan did this afternoon. You say that Hasek was half a swing away from being as bad as McLennan. Good point. But Hasek didn't complete the swing. That makes him a whole hell of alot better than McLennan. Oh and check these message boards. The night Hasek swung at Iginla, there were an incredible number of Wings Fans pissed at Hasek for that. We tend to hold our players to the same standards we hold all other players.

Face it. Kipper wasn't getting run. He was being screened, and your team doesn't like that. Shoot right on Kipper and he will catch it every time. Screen him, he is like a baby grabbing at candy being thrown at him. Your team just gets upset if there is a body in front of Kipper.

Edited by WingsWingsWings

Ozzie would NEVER do that. :angry:

He might have to flip people once in a while, but he's not cheap shot artist.

If roles were reversed my reaction would have been exactly the same.

"Oh $#!*"

When I saw it I did not believe it. You could see the frustration building on both sides and it was just a matter of time before something happened. But come on is the stick the first thing you think of using? At least throw a punch. Instead we get to see a goalie stick tested out as a baseball bat.

It really just comes down to simple physics... I do allow some slack because it may be something a person only picks up in school... but I will try to explain it the best I can (understanding that I do not have a masters in teaching BTW)

Newtons law on inertia states, "An object in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an external and unbalanced force"

To use the Malts play as an example.... Malts was in motion going safely by the left side of Kipper... he was then acted upon by a flames d-man (for lack of not knowing his name I will call him simply flaming flamer) Flaming Flamer, acting as an outside force, drills malts into the goaltender.

See simply physics... not really "running" the goaltender.

So easy a cavem... ergh... Flamer can get it :)

Oh and Ozzie wouldn't use his stick... he would FLIP the opponent!

Edited by OsGOD

yup...and we're proud of it :P

I love those European dues just as much as any American, they ARE American as far as I'm concerned. Nothing like a little racism to make a point.

Oh where's Kipper from by the way? Troll's suck.

EDIT: (just so you know I'm supporting you EuroTwinLove40... I though I had the Troll's quote in there about the euro women as well)

Edited by Chelios57

EDIT: (just so you know I'm supporting you EuroTwinLove40... I though I had the Troll's quote in there about the euro women as well)

Oh i figured you were, it's all good :cool:

How can people not love those Europeans!? :huh::)