• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

normtwofinger

Question for Wings Fans

Rate this topic

Seriously, im curious. If this whole situation were reversed, and you guys were down in the series and getting killed in game 5, how would you react if your backup came in and acted like McLennan?

same reaction, totally out of control and that kind of stuff shouldnt be in the game of hockey

It's always hard to answer "what if" questions. But I can honestly say that I would never defend a blatent and intentional cheap shot like that. There is simply no place in hockey for a guy or play like that.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

Seriously, im curious. If this whole situation were reversed, and you guys were down in the series and getting killed in game 5, how would you react if your backup came in and acted like McLennan?

...not that this warrents an answer, but first of all Osgood would NEVER do that. I can't remember a time when Ozzie EVER swung his stick like that, excpet when he was scoring a goal in Hartford...

...but to entertain you question, I personally would be appalled (sp.) There is no room in the NHL for ANY kind of two hand, intent to injure, slash/chop at another player, especially after the whistle! I would be speechless if one of our guys did it...

...now Calgary fans, please stop defending the goonery...

i'm not saying that osgood would do that. I'm just asking how you fans would have reacted if it did happen. How would you feel if Hasek was continuously getting run into with no help from the refs? I'd guess pretty pissed off. (I love america, all the swearing you want on public forums)

Edited by normtwofinger

Never and I am sure that had someone snapped and done that, they would have atleast had a team mate apologize for the goonery. Uncalled for. He played 18 seconds for God's sake!

i'm not saying that osgood would do that. I'm just asking how you fans would have reacted if it did happen. How would you feel if Hasek was continuously getting run into with no help from the refs? I'd guess pretty pissed off. (I love america, all the swearing you want on public forums)

i didn't see kiprusoff run once this whole game. your team needs to grow up. they're like a bunch of really big junior high kids.

i didn't see kiprusoff run once this whole game. your team needs to grow up. they're like a bunch of really big junior high kids.

how about opening your eyes?? What about that disallowed goal?? And your team is a bunch of euro women.

Edited by normtwofinger

how about opening your eyes?? What about that disallowed goal?? And your team is a bunch of euro women.

uhm maltby was just trying to screen and the CGY player threw him over kipper....

Did you not see the flames player behind Maltby checking him directly towards the crossbar?

Obviously contact was made, but running the keeper is when you drive to the net and run into the goalie on your own. Maltby wouldn't have hit Kipper without getting hit into him.

And it's not just a homer reaction, all the NBC announcers thought it was a bad call and the goal should've stood.

Grapes is that you? I didn't know you knew how to read?

The one where Maltby was pushed in.... <_<

Where the hell are you trolls coming from saying that Kipper is "getting continuously run into"???

Are you watching the same series? You are all just sour because your Flames got their asses handed to them, then acted like a bunch of *******.

it is evident in every replay they showed on that play that maltby was checked into kiprusoff by one of his own players. that was a bs call. clearly a goal.

I'd call it a gutless move and expect him to be gone from the playoffs and the coach fined.

first i would be pissed that someone on MY team would do something that f@cking dumb. i still HATE thats right HATE BERTUZZi for what he did to steve moore.

i am also glad he is on our team and wearing the winged wheel, but that was classless, thoughtless, senseless brutality that just doesn't belong in the game. BUT, he served his time. if he ever did anything close to that again i hope he would never be allowed within 30 miles of an ice rink though....

so, that being said, does it make it easier to believe that if our back up did that i would hope he got 15-20 games to think about it? cus i would.

The only reason Kipper is being "run" this series is because his defense funnels everything into him. Must be beacuse they're based in cowboy country or something but they do a lot of herding and riding a guy into the boards or alternatively into the crese (where Kipper resides).

The no-goal in question Maltby was plowed by Hamrlik I believe.

As for you last comment, your tenure here will be short if it contines. As an aside, the same will hold true for regular LGWers that respond in kind. This is a hockey discussion forum. Not a school yard.