• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

normtwofinger

Question for Wings Fans

Rate this topic

how about opening your eyes?? What about that disallowed goal?? And your team is a bunch of euro women.

What the hell kind of comment is that? Well if the wings are a bunch of euro women, the flames just got their asses handed to them by women?

i'm not saying that osgood would do that. I'm just asking how you fans would have reacted if it did happen. How would you feel if Hasek was continuously getting run into with no help from the refs? I'd guess pretty pissed off. (I love america, all the swearing you want on public forums)

I was pretty pissed in 04 when the Flames were continously running Joseph.

Maybe that's what we need. We need to bring in our enforcer - Chris 'The Crusher' Osgood - to break some heads and to flip some bad guys.

Or better yet. Head to head fight McLennan v. Osgood. Oh, Ozzie would so pummel him.

Seriously, im curious. If this whole situation were reversed, and you guys were down in the series and getting killed in game 5, how would you react if your backup came in and acted like McLennan?

Ummmm..........Ozzie would be a real man and drop th gloves rather than trying to tiitty slap some one with a stick. And the Wings are to classy for giving Flaming Homo cheapshots. ;)

Thanks for plaing' Try again!

how about opening your eyes?? What about that disallowed goal?? And your team is a bunch of euro women.

NAH NAH NAH NAH, nah nah nah nah, Hey Hey Hey, GOODBYE! :sly:

Is there some mad cow up there in Cowtown? Why are these Flamin' homers making these comments calling this acceptable behaviour? The Calgary Flames right now are a terrible excuse for a hockey team and they and their fans should be ashamed. BUT as always, the better team wins, the team with more sportsmanship and more skill.

A bunch of euro women? Tell that to:

-Schneider

-Draper

-Chelios

-Maltby

-Lebda

-Calder

-Bertuzzi

-Osgood

-Cleary

"I was really disappointed. Not a little, but a lot," Hasek said. "Their goalie, what he did and Iginla, he's the captain of the team and should be in charge.

"Those last 5 or 6 minutes if you were watching on TV, I think it was sort of disappointing."

Great quote from Hasek.

Seriously, im curious. If this whole situation were reversed, and you guys were down in the series and getting killed in game 5, how would you react if your backup came in and acted like McLennan?

EMBARASSED!

i'm not saying that osgood would do that. I'm just asking how you fans would have reacted if it did happen. How would you feel if Hasek was continuously getting run into with no help from the refs? I'd guess pretty pissed off. (I love america, all the swearing you want on public forums)

First, let's get this out of the way right now. Kipper hasn't been run. He has been better at diving than Hasek has in this series. Any time and real contact has been made with Kipper, it's been due in large part to a Calgary player forcing a Detroit player into Kipper, and at that point, can you really expect the Detroit players not to run into Kipper? I mean, if that's where the Dman is pushing me, it's not my fault that's where I land. Sit back and take a look at the disallowed goal. Matlby was pushed into Kipper, should have been a good goal. So all you Calgary fans, please stop complaing, Kipper isn't getting run.

I can't sit here and say that I would react the same way as I did. I am not sure how I would feel about that. I think that I would be in awe that Ozzie would do something like that. It just isn't the type of man Ozzie is. However, what I can use as sort of guideline if you will, was Haseks momentary loss of control when he started to swing his stick at Iggy. I was shocked, surprised, and mad. I couldn't believe that Dom did that, and he didn't even connect. I think he was just trying to scare Iggy, but we will never really know. Bottom line is this, it doesn't matter who it swinging a stick like that, it shouldn't happen.

One more thought. A question to all of us Detroit fans. Why didn't anyone immeadieatly try to jump Mclennan? I don't care that he is a goalie, someone should have at least tried to get at him. It seemed that there was no real reaction from any of the guys on the ice. And as crazy as Dom is, you'd think he'd be down there to fight, or at least run his mouth a bit. If I am Hasek, I am going to at least verbally defend my teammate.

Completely embarrased. How do you feel?

I think it's because when something THAT shocking happens, everyone is just stunned. Cheapshots usually deserve the response you're talking about, but when a guy uses a baseball bat swing, I think everyone is just in shock, and realizes that they need to let the refs and the league handle the situation.

Maybe that's what we need. We need to bring in our enforcer - Chris 'The Crusher' Osgood - to break some heads and to flip some bad guys.

Or better yet. Head to head fight McLennan v. Osgood. Oh, Ozzie would so pummel him.

Oh man Ozzie sure as heck would! He's 'ripped' and everyone needs to know that! LOL

Ozzie would tackle Jamie, and then flip him over and body slam as if he was a feather..

HAHAHA, what are you? 8 years old? Does mommy know youre trying to play internet bully online?? and that "insult" lame as hell, but those Euros kicked the Flames ASSES last night.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

What about Dom swinging his stick at Iginla?? He was half a swing away from being just as bad as Noodles.

Every time I've watched that replay, it hasn't looked like a swing toward Iginla. It's looked like a frustrated goaltender pointing at a player who just elbowed him in the chops and is asking the ref, "WTF?!"

Maybe it's just me.

I must say that the term "running at the goalie" is being sorely miss used. It is not when a player pushes someone on top of the goalie or when a player slightly taps the goalie. When I think of "running at the goalie" I think about what Hartnell did to Legace. Not what Holmstrom and Cleary did to kipper.

Guest Crymson

Same way. What do you think? There's no room for such behavior in daily life, let alone at a sporting event. That professionals cannot maintain their cool disgusts me.

Every time I've watched that replay, it hasn't looked like a swing toward Iginla. It's looked like a frustrated goaltender pointing at a player who just elbowed him in the chops and is asking the ref, "WTF?!"

Maybe it's just me.

You're entirely right, I hadn't for a second considered otherwise. Anyone who actually thought Hasek tried swinging his stick at Iginla in an attempt to injure him, is a inept delusional homer who should be discredited from anything they say concerning anything. Granted this comment was said by the same racist/sexist who called our team a bunch of euro woman. He's about as suited for intelligent debate as I am to be the King of Spain. End of discussion.

Guest Crymson

As far as I know, it's legal to follow the puck into the goaltender. As I'm pretty objective as far as this stuff goes, I think I'd have noticed if someone attempted to deliberately plow over Kipper for no reason. Have you any examples?

And FYI, no, "whacking at Kiprusoff's glove hand" is not an example. Do you recall the same thing happening to Hasek several times?

I've scrolled down and come across your comment about Hasek and his stick in game 4. I think that you know very well that this was indeed not what happened, and I think you are attempting to use it against the Wings anyway. Why is this so important to you that you feel the need to warp the data? Be satisfied with your own opinion. A final note/FYI on this affair: had Hasek maliciously swung the stick/stabbed the stick at Iginla, he would have received intent to cause deliberate injury, not unsportsmanlike conduct. Oh, and he probably would have done it a little harder, a'la two-hands-on-the-stick-fireman-style like McLennan. Dom is no wimp.

You're entirely right, I hadn't for a second considered otherwise. Anyone who actually thought Hasek tried swinging his stick at Iginla in an attempt to injure him, is a inept delusional homer who should be discredited from anything they say concerning anything. Granted this comment was said by the same racist/sexist who called our team a bunch of euro woman. He's about as suited for intelligent debate as I am to be the King of Spain. End of discussion.

Ban him. I thought that such trolls were banned immediately.

That's the reason for my comment...

...Looks like Hasek is just as classy as Noodles.

haha, looks like normy came in here with that "ace" up his sleeve waiting for us to react and then he was gonna play it.

Um, dude, that is a joker, not an ace, and has no bearing on current events.

In case you haven't noticed, using the stick is stupid, drop the gloves, throw some punches while squared up.

The cheapshots are the things that are used by uncontrolled emotions and deserve to be looked at by the league as suspendable offenses.

The only thing that it has brought to light is the fact that the only reason "Lost-His Noodles" was out there was to attack the next person that he felt was "Running" him.

An immature decision on at least "Lost-His Noodles" part, if not coaching staff as well.

*edited for spelling

Edited by alowicious

Hasek gets interfered with and embellishes, he's either called for diving or nothing happens and as it's happened in the past Babcock calls him out for it.

Kipper gets interfered with and embellishes, he gets the call almost every time even when there's no contact or another teammate clearly pushes the perpetrator into him. Then Playfair calls in his back-up to tomahawk one of our players.

Compare and contrast, compare and contrast.

This is what is so ridiculous about this whole situation. People are acting as though Kipper is the only goalie this is happening to. I wish I'd recorded the games so I coud go back through each game and give you the exact minute of play when Hasek and our net when flying into the boards because someone ran into him. I agree that the refs are not protecting the goalies as they should, but seriously if you want to have a real discussion about it, admit that Kipper is not the gaolie getting run into and address it as such. Don't act like the Wings are the only team crashing into goalies and they are cheap shot team because of it.

As for your question, I wouldn't care if it were Osgood as our back-up or Hasek as our starter and it cost us the cup, if someone on the Wings pulled that crap I'd want them suspended for a long time. As many have said, that kind of crap has no place in hockey. That is why non-hockey fans think it is a game for neadrethals.

Maybe it's just me.

I think it is just you. Obviously the ref had enough sense to blow the play down before someone got hurt (Iggy was in danger from Dom), otherwise, why would be blow down the play when Calgary had possesion? Detroit never touched the puck, much more the less gained possession. Dom was swinging at Iggy, he just either carpped out, or thought twice. Or maybe he just didn't think he could reach Iggy?

I personally would not try to defend what happenned, trying to justify makes it even more pitiful. What the goaler did was just a part of what else was going on in the game

If the tables were reverse, I guess I would try to figure out what caused my team to react the way the Flames reacted.

I understand the mentality that "You beat us on the score board, but we're going to make you pay physically".

This is fine but some of Galgary's players took it to far. Far enough to the point where it was obvious that there were attempts to injure. This plus the fact that the Flames did something similar i[tI've never seen them take ito to the point that it went Sunday] two years ago, in the playoffs and have done it to other teams, would, make me as a Flame fan question the teams leadership, starting from the Coach down to the Captain.

Sunday's game was on natioonal television in the States. Some of the Flame's players got a very bad name, but even more costly, the game of hockey was given a terrible reflection. I guess this is where I am going with alll ot this. Some of the individuals in Sunday's game, not only showed a total disregard for the players safety on the other team, the fans and city they are representing, as well as the game of hockey.

The people who want to put restrictions on our game, as far as not allowing fighting, wanting only "stick checing" etc. will use this game as ammuntion for their cause. Let us hope the NHL, takes care of it in a just way. Keep the fighting and the physical play in hochey, but lets show some class and respect.

I think it is just you. Obviously the ref had enough sense to blow the play down before someone got hurt (Iggy was in danger from Dom), otherwise, why would be blow down the play when Calgary had possesion? Detroit never touched the puck, much more the less gained possession. Dom was swinging at Iggy, he just either carpped out, or thought twice. Or maybe he just didn't think he could reach Iggy?

I thought it was just the new "Thinking angry thoughts about a Calgary Player" Penalty. We seem to be getting a lot of those, because we've certainly not DONE anything enough to warrant the amount of penalties we've taken.

I thought it was just the new "Thinking angry thoughts about a Calgary Player" Penalty. We seem to be getting a lot of those, because we've certainly not DONE anything enough to warrant the amount of penalties we've taken.

There is no way anyone can aruge that Detroit has been deserving of all the penalties they have gotten. Case and point, I think it was game 4 when Dats was backchecking, and got called for hooking, when all he did was, mind you with one hand on his stick, slap the glove of the Calgary player. Dom has a rep for embelishing contact, Kipper doesn't. That is the difference in all the BS goaltender interference calls.

There is no way anyone can aruge that Detroit has been deserving of all the penalties they have gotten. Case and point, I think it was game 4 when Dats was backchecking, and got called for hooking, when all he did was, mind you with one hand on his stick, slap the glove of the Calgary player. Dom has a rep for embelishing contact, Kipper doesn't. That is the difference in all the BS goaltender interference calls.