• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeWingsFan

Flames getting slammed by own Media

Rate this topic

I have read so many post game comments in the last 12 hours, could you tell me which comments you are refering too please?

The other thing that sickens me is that there are a bunch of Flame fans happy and find it justified what McLennan did, just plain classless.

edit: Is it the just trying to bring/keep momentum going into game 6 comment that Iginla made?

Coudn't agree more. One Flames fan went so far as to say he was just sorry McLennan hadn't broken Franzen's arm. Regardless of what you think of a team or a particular player, it is disgusting to wish an injury on another person. I love hockey and I love the Wings and I love to see the Wings win, but it is just a game and I would never wish someone harm just to get further in the standings.

I always had a lot of respect for the Flames fans, probably most because of the atmosphere when the Flames play at home. I always thought that kind of team support was incredible and don't understand why we don't have that kind of atmosphere in Hockeytown. Unfortunately, after this whole mess I can honestly say any respect I had for Flames fans is gone.

I hope the league suspends McLennan, Iginla, and Langkow. If the Flames come out with the same maliciious intent to injure in game 6 as they seem to be saying they will, I hope the league suspends every player that takes a cheap shot and they send a real message that the intent to injure has not place in the NHL and if you want to play that way, you won't be playing in the NHL.

Exactly. This whole "running" Kiprusoff thing is nothing but BS from the Flames. Cleary grazed him the one game, but so what? Not like any of the guys have gone in with a full head of steam and went right through him. Calgary can dish it out but can't take it, and I hope the Wings end it tonight, just so we don't have to hear anymore whining from them.

Franzen:

IPB Image

Homer:

IPB Image

THANK YOu!!!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

lawlz

:clap: Honestly get big old Bert to ram Kipper and its a done game. We win BYE BYE FLAMES!

:clap: Honestly get big old Bert to ram Kipper and its a done game. We win BYE BYE FLAMES!

No anyone but Bert... he attempted that with Ozzie and Missed WAY TO MUCH TIME. anyone but bert!

It's disgusting how Flames fans actually support what McLennan did. Even Predators fans, who could very well be the lowest life forms in the NHL (no offence Legionarrie and Dave), even said the play was dirty. I can't believe that Flames fans are such idiotic blind homers that they cannot realize how dirty it was. If a Red Wing would have done something like that, I would definitly call that player out and say how dirty they are, even if they do play for the team I root for. Flames fans can go to hell. I can't believe these people are that big of f-ing homers. I guess they all watch Grapes too much or something. Ridiculous.

the Flames landed harder than rag-doll Dion Phaneuf after the Ol' Canoli Truck, Todd Bertuzzi, body slammed him to the ice with such casual ferocity you could hear Eddie Whalen up there in the big wrasslin' ring in the sky, squealing: "Now THAT was a ring-a-ding-dong-dandy!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

That was good , i should go buy the herald

I dont' think it was at all intentional, but actually that screen grab shows why the hit was dangerous and probably deserved a penalty.

It wasn't knee on knee, but look at Langkow's left knee and how it's bent. Whether it was lebda's hip that hit or not, it was a little low.

I think the penalty was justified. The cheapshot afterward, however, was not.

In the passion and uproar toward Calgary, it looks like no one heard you on this one harold: I agree though. CBC showed that from-behind angle in-game and Langkow's knee bending was cringe-inducing.

It was pretty low, lower than your typical hip-throw in most games. And it wasn't his hip that hit it, I think... I think it was his upper body that was pushing the thigh/knee in. Way to go league in ignoring that one Langkow response though - along with everything else, y'know.

Edited by Flip-check

In the passion and uproar toward Calgary, it looks like no one heard you on this one harold: I agree though. CBC showed that from-behind angle in-game and Langkow's knee bending was cringe-inducing.

It was pretty low, lower than your typical hip-throw in most games. And it wasn't his hip that hit it, I think... I think it was his upper body that was pushing the thigh/knee in. Way to go league in ignoring that one - along with everything else, y'know.

Yeah I agree with you and Ha-Rold, Lebda is a small guy, 5'9" so when he went down, he was pretty low and then he got even lower by pushing himself backward (legs pushed outward to continue going backward) to check Langkow who is 5'10") I initially thought that check should have been a penalty. The backward motion caused Langkow's left knee to bend and I am sure that was why he was upset. But throwing a punch to the face of someone on the ice is disgusting. Man up, Langkow.

Not sure why you think we're homers,c'mon.

I have heard no one in Calgary defending McLenan's actions,what he did was stupid.

Having siad that,he's our backup and a suspension means nothing to the Flames.

I will defend Langkow,this guy rarely shows emotion.

When he felt he was lowbridged by Lebda he simply reacted with a punch to the face.

I've also watched the Iginla play many times...I still don't see a butt end.

Flames win tonight and make it a series.

Feel free to head on over to the HF boards...plenty of Cal fans defending and even praising Mclellans home runs wing...

Defend Langkow all you want, he's a douchebag. That wasnt a punch to the face, it was a grab, hold neck, uppercut, then headlock. Now he's out with a concussion.

Butt end or no, Iginla has played like an enforcer rather than a captain. He is pathetic.

I'm fine with that being Langkow and not Kipper. Langkow doesn't deserve sportsmanship.

:thumbdown:

esteef

Yah i'm all for one of your goons to come out and fight Langkow and settle it like men, not cheap babies. Kipper's done nothing wrong here, so why go after him? The wings would be stooping to Calgary's level.

Edited by normtwofinger

Yah i'm all for one of your goons to come out and fight Langkow and settle it like men, not cheap babies.

Can you say hypocrite? Tell that to Langkow. Don't cheap shot someone and settle it face to face. What he did is the definition of a "cheap shot baby".

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

wrong.

he has his own opinion. i saw someone at calgarypuck.com today suggest the same thing to keep us out. as long as he's respectful, he should stay. (ya' know like not calling people names)

thank you. I had to restrain myself from that insult. Isn't free speech the american way?

Hypocrite? I agree that Langkow acted wrong.

Sorry. It just seemed like one. I just quote what you said because it did sound hypocritical. But if you some time mentioned that it was wrong what he did, then I take it back. . :blush:

He doesn't have an opinion, he's being dumb. He called the Wings a bunch of goons. You're completely wrong.

I think he meant he's fine with a Wing beating the snot out of Langkow face to face (unlike what Lebda got), not just cheap shotting him or running at Kipper. I agree, but I wouldn't be against a cheap shot on Langkow at all. Eye for an eye since the league is useless at controlling stuff like this.

Your point is not lost norm...

esteef

Sorry. It just seemed like one. I just quote what you said because it did sound hypocritical. But if you some time mentioned that it was wrong what he did, then I take it back. . :blush:

Fair enough. We all have tempers and some lose it easier than others. Langkow obvioulsy lost his and acted in the moment. Still doesn't justify his actions though.

Edited by normtwofinger