• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Per TSN: McLennan suspended 5 games, Lebda out for Game 6

Rate this topic

Honestly, I think there's been a lot of emotional overreaction to the game yesterday. I think 5 games is a fair suspension to McLennan. Iginla's work on Schneider was nowhere near as bad as it looked. Minor penalty? Sure. Suspension? I don't think so. The Lebda incident, I don't know. He received a clipping penalty for what he did. Langkow was hurt on the play, as was Lebda, and Langkow overreacted. It was a strange situation, with both players really unable to get up at that point.

The NBC announcers went way overboard with their reactions to the stuff at the end of the game, and I think it's influenced some people here. The Flames gooned it up at the end, but I don't think it crossed the line nearly as bad as some people here do. The only non-suspension that I think is worth even discussing is Langkow's.

I wish the Wings had a guy or two willing to drop the gloves. A couple of fights might have gone a long way towards eliminating the cheap shots we saw. When frustration boils over, sometimes the fights help the players get it out of their system.

I expect a physical game tonight. If the Wings can win in Calgary, it will be a real statement game for them, IMO. But it's going to be very tough.

like what message was it exactly?

that you can put your backup goalie who is completely irrelevant to your playoff run and make him chop opposite player and have him fined and that's all?

a fine for Playdirty is reasonable because it was this ass' job to run his goons on our players and it was him who put Noodles only to stir things up and for no other reason.

league has no balls. or is not prepared to handle matters like this. it virtually let's the crap unpunished and sends a clear message that as long as you put your irrelevant players to stir things up you're fine

whatever, Wings win it and f* these Calgoony Pansies. did you honestly expect something gutsy from Campbell? oh puhlease...

I guess that means it's up to the Wings to get even with Langkow? I know Lebda is the protege of Chelios... it'll be interesting to see if the old man takes care of business.

I hope by "get even" you mean "lay him out flat with a perfectly clean and well-timed hit along the boards, then look directly in his eye as they complete the handshake signifying the end of the series" rather than any kind of dirty play. As much vengeful pleasure as there might be in seeing him get a taste of his own medicine, the best way to get even is to badly outplay them in front of their own fans. A silent Saddledome would be the best revenge of all :ph34r:

Man f*** that. Once again the league shows no balls. The only justice that can come out of this now is ending this damn series tonight. Nothing would be sweeter than a 7-0 blowout by the Wings.

About what I expected from the joke that is the NHL. I did not think Iginla deserved a suspension but Langkow did. His punch was worse than what Tootoo got 5 games for. Oh well, someone needs to feed him his ******* teeth tonight. It's getting harder and harder to defend the sorry ass state of the NHL and this garbage just makes it worse. There are a few reasons why Bassmasters and MLS get more coverage on ESPN and this is one of them. The league needs a compete overhaul from the top down. Funny how the NHL was considered on the rise in the early 90's and the NBA was losing value. Now it is just the opposite. Is it just a coincidence that it coincided with Bettman leaving the NBA and moving to the NHL. I don't think so.

Oh well, Go Wings and end it tonight and hopefully avoid the injuries that Calgary is going to try and inflict. Like Mick says keep your stick up.

I expect a physical game tonight. If the Wings can win in Calgary, it will be a real statement game for them, IMO. But it's going to be very tough.

The importance of a win tonight cannot be overstated. It would count for a LOT during this playoff run.

Personally, Im glad they didnt suspend Iginla/Langkow. Because then, if we beat them tonight, they would say it was because Iginla/Langkow was out.

I wanna beat them tonight with their "best" lineup on the ice.

Honestly, I think there's been a lot of emotional overreaction to the game yesterday. I think 5 games is a fair suspension to McLennan. Iginla's work on Schneider was nowhere near as bad as it looked. Minor penalty? Sure. Suspension? I don't think so. The Lebda incident, I don't know. He received a clipping penalty for what he did. Langkow was hurt on the play, as was Lebda, and Langkow overreacted. It was a strange situation, with both players really unable to get up at that point.

The NBC announcers went way overboard with their reactions to the stuff at the end of the game, and I think it's influenced some people here. The Flames gooned it up at the end, but I don't think it crossed the line nearly as bad as some people here do. The only non-suspension that I think is worth even discussing is Langkow's.

I wish the Wings had a guy or two willing to drop the gloves. A couple of fights might have gone a long way towards eliminating the cheap shots we saw. When frustration boils over, sometimes the fights help the players get it out of their system.

Finally,a level headed poster with an objective viewpoint....you,sir are a hockey fan.

I'll be interested to hear it once the media finally gets a quote out of McLennan.

That won't happen for a while. He's been avoiding the media like the plague so far. According to TSN he blantly refused to even speak to reporters last night.

I hope by "get even" you mean "lay him out flat with a perfectly clean and well-timed hit along the boards, then look directly in his eye as they complete the handshake signifying the end of the series" rather than any kind of dirty play. As much vengeful pleasure as there might be in seeing him get a taste of his own medicine, the best way to get even is to badly outplay them in front of their own fans. A silent Saddledome would be the best revenge of all :ph34r:

:lol: Yeah, I think that's what he meant. :ph34r::D

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

Yeah SO NOONE turn to after 40mins on cbc right now.

Canadian love up in arms about the 5game to Jamie... They say should be only 1 at most. Asshats, the whole lot of them!

Honestly I think with everyone bashing them, and saying they should be embarassed with themselves is only going to make the Flames goon it up more tonight. If that makes any sense? I'm willing to bet that they are going to be penalized up the wazoo, home or not.

5 games for a guy that never ever ever plays--way to send a message. Langkow should have gotten a game--we all know the league looks at the extent of injuries, and if Lebda can't play tonight because of Langkow's suckerpunch, than Mr. Suckerpunch himself shouldn't get to play tonight--that simple.

Finally,a level headed poster with an objective viewpoint....you,sir are a hockey fan.

Translation: If you agree with me, I'll throw you a bone.

Of course you're in agreement with the outcome, your actual team is unaffected and we lost a starting defenseman.

esteef

Pretty much what I expected. I thought Mclennan would have gotten 3 games, but whatever. Langkow was pretty borderline and I knew nothing was going to come of it. Not a chance Iginla was going to get suspended. I think some of you Detroit fans are still riled up from the game last night. BlueMonk has his head screwed on straight.

If the slash was harder and in the head then I could understand a more lengthy suspension. Watching the slash when the game happened it looked brutal. But after watching the replays it was totally unnecessary but it wasn't that hard.

The fines were unexpected and are way excessive. I don't believe that Calgary was that out of control. I guess the league is telling Calgary to slow down on the circus style of play and get more control. I think for anyone who watched the NBC broadcast got more fuel thrown on their fire. Calgary was bad, yes. But Detroit wasn't innocent angels either.

I love it..very little done to the Flames..take that!

What are you, five?

Take that! NO, take that!! :rolleyes:

Langkow was pretty borderline

News: Punches to the FACE are now considered "borderline". However, Maltby getting PUSHED into Kipper is the equivalent of murdering babies.

Views: Calgary fans :rolleyes:

Edited by omnipotent_hudler