• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Wings fans acting like babies

Rate this topic

hey esteef, i'm curious how it works. I know with Mclennan he got a match penalty so its a definite review by the league. but what about a complete non-call. As I recall Langkow didn't even get a penalty. Would that them mean the Wings would have to protest or send video to the league like Bowman used to do? I wonder if there's an automatic review or anything for something like that. And yeah, if he got a game i wouldn't mind either as I thought that was sort of an iffy call one way or the other. 1 game or no game I guess somebody will always be pissed on either side of that debate.

But 1 game hurts the flames, since its in the playoffs, however, theyd still have the opportunity to overcome it if it went to game 7.

No penalties on the play =/= no suspension. There have been plenty of cases where this has happened over the years.

Brett's out with a concussion due to a blatant sucker punch intended to injure. Langkow plays in game 6 even after blatant sucker punch intended to injure. those are the facts, this is why we complain. rightfully so. turn off your computer if you want to act like a hard ass. we just don't want to see anyone else get hurt.

I'm happy the League stepped in and handle this. It was very professional on their part.

I don't a 100% agree that Langkow got off without even a slap on the wrist, but who cares. Markov could have been in trouble for diving in a pile of guys in game 1.

So we're all even now. Lets just get out there, play hard and smart and close this series.

I'm ready for the Wings to play a more talented team, Calgary is getting kinda lame.

Amen to that.

As Wing fans...we are inclined to whine.

And for once it's at someone other than their own team. Let's keep that focused anger at the Flames!

Keep it up, Red Wing fans!

As Wing fans...we are inclined to whine.

And for once it's at someone other than their own team. Let's keep that focused anger at the Flames!

Keep it up, Red Wing fans!

What happened to your Lang avatar? :P

Flames get fined 100K. Even Greater! Can't complain about that.

Now back to the crying game. Iggy didn't get suspended. Oh, boo freaking hoo. What were you going to suspend him for? Cross checking Matty? If so, we could have 75 suspension this series alone for cross checks. Suspend him for butt ending Matty? Okay, show me a definitive replay of him butt ending Matt. It doesn't exist because it didn't happen. He jabbed Matty in the side, big deal. Stop crying and being freaking babies about it.

First off, yeah, the Flames got fined 100k, but that's like telling you or I we got fined $1. Big flippin deal. The onlt reason that ine was handed out was so Bettman and Campbell can say 'Hey, look, we did do somehthing about it.'

Secondly, yes Iggy did butt-end Matty. If you watched the NBC feed, you saw Iggy pull back, and thrust the butt-end of his stick into Matty's chest. Read the offical rule on NHL.com. Beyond the butt-end, it was a blantent attempt to injure. If you say it wasn't, then exactly what was it? Was Iggy just being kind enough to tell Matty he was backchecking? I knew Iggy wouldn't get suspended. He is the Flames. You take him out, and they have NO chance. And yes, I know, he only has 1 goal and like 8 shots in the series, but that's because Nick has shut him down. If Iggy isn't there, Nick will just shut down the next biggest threat, most likely Tanger. I'm not whining that Iggy didn't get suspended, I'm whining because I knew Bettman and Campbell didn't have the balls to take care of this.

Finally, 5 games isn't enough. If the NHL truely takes into consideration the aftermath of the play, then why was May suspended for 3 games? He sucker punched Jonnson, and forced him out of the deciding game. 5 games is a slap on the wrist, espically to a backup goalie. Big deal, he gets to watch the first few games next year from the pressbox, enjoy a beer, and some of those noodles he loves so much.

One last tidbit, I was informed via news article (I forget which webpage) that since the NHL league office is closed on Sundays, the suspensions wouldn't be handed down until Monday, anyone know if that is true?

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Brett's out with a concussion due to a blatant sucker punch intended to injure. Langkow plays in game 6 even after blatant sucker punch intended to injure. those are the facts, this is why we complain. rightfully so. turn off your computer if you want to act like a hard ass. we just don't want to see anyone else get hurt.

Is he out with a concussion or a bad knee after his lowbridge hit to Langkow?

What happened to your Lang avatar? :P

Oh, you are so right. i will have to bring that back for the game.

Root for Lang = Guaranteed Win!!

My ava and sig update after every WIN...so I had to put them up after we kicked the asses of the Calgary Flames the other night.

Sig = Updated to 3rd game

Ava = A storm is now a brewin' !

Do you know how many sigs and avys I actually have? Probably 100's. I have quite a few Lang ones if you must know.

PS. Did you think I gave up on Lang? He was really good on the faceoff last game. And I'm not some FAIR weather fan.

Edited by Offsides

Guest Whits

If the punch isn't flagrantly obvious like Tootoo on Robidas or Bertuzzi on Moore, then they aren't going to call suspensions for it.

I agree with most of what you said, with the exception of that.

The punch wasn't flagrantly obvious? Yes, it was. I don't see how the league can watch the video of it and not suspend or fine him individually.

Anyways, I'm glad 125k in fines got handed out, 5 games isn't even going to matter to Mclennan though.

As far as Iginla, I wasn't expecting anything to happen to him.

Is he out with a concussion or a bad knee after his lowbridge hit to Langkow?

I don't see how a punch to the head with a hockey glove on can give you a concussion, it's not like Langkow smashed Lebda's head into the ice. Fights with bare hands happen all the time, and you don't see concussions coming from those. Obviously Lebda is out from the hit on Langkow, not the sucker punch, and the media is using the sucker punch as a scapegoat. Langkow should have received a penalty on the play, but nothing further.

Edited by normtwofinger

We need to move on and quit acting like a bunch of ******* because Iggy didn't get 5 games and Langkow didn't get 10 games. What on Earth would ever make anyone who has watched their fair share of hockey think that either of these guys was ever going to get suspended?

forgive me, i didn't get any action last night from the old lady, couple that with all the whining on here today and I guess I just had to vent.

please feel free to call me an asshat for calling you guys (you know who you are) a bunch of whiny homers.

There's no need to be such a dick about it. I agree that the NHL got it right, but Langkow should have gotten a game for that attack on Lebda after the check- that was a dangerous and terrible move on his part and should be punished.

I don't see how a punch to the head with a hockey glove on can give you a concussion,

You ever been punched in the face by someone wearing a hockey glove?

Don't speak unless you have.

And before you ask - no I have not been hit like that either. But I'm not the one running around saying it can't cause a concussion.

Edited by WingsWingsWings

Honestly, I think the worst thing is what McLennan/Playfair got away with -- and they DID get away with it. To send someone out to injure players -- no matter who the player is -- is unexcusable. The league did not send a strong enough message on that one. It just encourages other teams to throw out disposable players as kamakazi weapons.

I guess there's no real thing they could have done in the rules that would have been satisfactory...but I hope they look at this after the season is done, and think about some kind of rule change.

And that is why I, for one, am still very annoyed with the whole thing.

Edited by Offsides

Have you?

I have , and while I didnt get a concussion , players on my team did.

Sucker punches that can injure a player dont belong in hockey. You wanna throw a punch , take off your helmet and you gloves and have a clean fight

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Honestly, I think the worst thing what McLennan/Playfair got away with -- and they DID get away with it. To send someone out to injure players -- no matter who the player is -- is unexcusable. The league did not send a strong enough message on that one. It just encourages other teams to throw out disposable players as kamakazi weapons.

I guess there's no real thing they could have done in the rules that would have been satisfactory...but I hope they look at this after the season is done, and think about some kind of rule change.

I honestly think that McLennan acted on his own and wasn't told by Playfair to act like he did. Playfair isn't that smart.

Honestly, I think the worst thing what McLennan/Playfair got away with -- and they DID get away with it. To send someone out to injure players -- no matter who the player is -- is unexcusable. The league did not send a strong enough message on that one. It just encourages other teams to throw out disposable players as kamakazi weapons.

How can you say they got away with it? 5 games suspension, 125k in fines. What do you want? Playfair suspended?

I guess you didn't actually watch the game because Iginla butt-ended Schneider.

It was shown a few times on NBC and McGuire said that butt-ending is an automatic suspension. Iginla not getting suspeneded for that is a joke and it's because of who he is that he gets the pass.

Wings fans have a right to be pissed about that because if it had been Schneider butt-ending Iginla he would have been suspended.

I honestly think that McLennan acted on his own and wasn't told by Playfair to act like he did. Playfair isn't that smart.

I don't agree with you, however, you could be right. I guess that's the ultimate problem...it's really not provable. It sure seemed suspicious though. When they PULLED him it was at a suspicious time. Why not after the 5th goal? We were perplexed then. 18 seconds later and BAM! It's downright suspicious, and he WAS fined so the NHL must have suspected something.

But since I feel that makes it even more devious...it in turn makes me even more furious. I have no respect for THAT coach anymore.

How can you say they got away with it? 5 games suspension, 125k in fines. What do you want? Playfair suspended?

It's a slap on the wrist and you know it. Are you really lamenting the loss off McLennan? Sad about that 125k that's coming out of YOUR pocket? I think not.

Exactly what they wanted to happen is happening...slap on the wrist fine and a non-instrumental player sits. The only thing that didn't work out is that our player isn't seriously injured. Which...don't get me wrong...I'm very thankful for.

The intention is what pisses me off. Even with all the suckerpucnching/crosschecking bs I saw all game at least some of that was in the heat of the moment. This was premeditated.

:clap: Good post.

I honestly think that the NBC broadcast has a lot to do with this hysteria. Pete McGuire (sp?) got way too excited. He acted as if Mclennan had chopped Franzen's head off. I thought he was way too hard on Calgary. Calgary was not playing a very good game, but Detroit weren't angles either. The slash to Kipper, Maltby trying to take off Nilson's head with an elbow, Mclennan getting sticked in the face (incidental) by Franzen all were missed by NBC. What Calgary did was worse than Detroit, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that they should get off looking like everything wasn't provoked on some level.

Langkow should have gotten a penalty. The ref's missed it no doubt. But no suspension.

I feel for Flames fans. I think I'd defend my team too if they did the only thing in their power to possibly beat another team in the next game after being physically dominated the way Calgary has been the whole series. I mean let's face face it , can you imagine how embarassing it must have been to be a member of the Flames or one of their fans yesterday? I 'd make up a bunch of crap to justify some goon retaliation too. I'm so glad Iggy didn't get susppended, I can't wait to see him shaking Nick's hand tonight.