• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest GordieSid&Ted

Wings fans acting like babies

Rate this topic

I honestly think that McLennan acted on his own and wasn't told by Playfair to act like he did. Playfair isn't that smart.

a backup goalie who has little chance to appear in playoffs comes out and does nothing prior to the incident.

then he chops on Franzen as retaliation for what he has seen from the bench. acted on his own, right?

give me a f* break!!!

if I was in Noodles shoes I'd be trying to show myself from the best perspective to convince my coach

I am able to take the job if no 1 goalie was down for some reason, or needed rest.

what does he do instead? exactly what his pansy coach had told him to. make short apearance targeted

on pissing Wings off and heating the series prior to important game next day. he's dependable and his coach

knows pretty well that eventual suspension is not gonna affect his team in any way, but will most certainly

heat the other team up and possibly put it in PK trouble next game.

in pro sports you don't do s*** like that if you're not told by your coach or your name is Avery (and even that

has changed). you simply don't put your team into the hole whit your stupidity. period.

I want Babcock to tell Quincey to take a run at Kipper and do some real s*** that will chase this whiner off

the series. I guess Calgary fans will then realize what does it mean to do s*** and throw dependabilities to

do crap that goes unpunished because the league has no tools and no balls to do the justice.

Noodles was a tool, used by Playdirty to heat things up. nothing more and nothing less. oh... and he is

a blind ass who can not distinguish 93 from 96 :D

Who cares if the suspended Mclennan..he is a career curtain jerker..they should hav efined him more and suspended him 15 games. That type of stickwork puts a balk eye on the league.

As for Iginla and Phanuef...they are *******. I have no respect for hackers and cheap shots. My respect level for those two went from very high to zero.

Actually, I'm quite glad the latter two douchebags didn't get suspended because I want to see the look on their faces when they get their asses handed to them tonight. GO WINGS.

AMEN Brother! Couldn't have said it better myself. GO WINGS!

p.s. If any of the Wings had pulled any of the extremely cheap tactics the Flamers resorted to, those Wings would have been crucifed by the league. (spoken in a non-whiney tone)

It's a slap on the wrist and you know it. Are you really lamenting the loss off McLennan? Sad about that 125k that's coming out of YOUR pocket? I think not.

Exactly what they wanted to happen is happening...slap on the wrist fine and a non-instrumental player sits. The only thing that didn't work out is that our player isn't seriously injured. Which...don't get me wrong...I'm very thankful for.

The intention is what pisses me off. Even with all the suckerpucnching/crosschecking bs I saw all game at least some of that was in the heat of the moment. This was premeditated.

Of course I am not lamenting the loss of a goaltender that played nine games in the season. I don't see what that has to do with the punishment not being stiff enough.

Seriously injured? I didn't know he was injured at all.

I'll ask again, if you were the NHL, what would you have done?

Of course I am not lamenting the loss of a goaltender that played nine games in the season. I don't see what that has to do with the punishment not being stiff enough.

Langkow 1 game , and Iginla one game and a warning.

If he blows his cool tonight , I'm goinging to go down to the saddledome , wait for Iginal to drive out in his flashy land rover and throw some eggs at it.

15 games and 75,000 fine.

These fines are usually paid by the team...I would make that it came from Mclennan's pocket. What a dickhead move.

That hit on Lebda was terrible too, I think fining the club was right.

Mclennan 10 games

Langkow 1 game

Iginla 1 game and a lesson on how to captain a team.

Better than all of these, the NHL should make Playfair the mandatory coach in Calgary for the next 10 years. That would teach them. :P

If he blows his cool tonight , I'm goinging to go down to the saddledome , wait for Iginal to drive out in his flashy land rover and throw some eggs at it.

Iginla did act like a coward..the best was in the second when Iginla was face washing Chelios...two minutes later..Chelios SHG. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

if there are rules allowing it - suspend Playfair. make Flames play with two assistant coaches behind the bench, one of them being temporarily promoted to main coach.

a lot of s*** in recent years (just to recall Bertuzzi accident, as well as most recently Sabres-Sens brawl) is caused by coaches who stir things up and goon AHL-level players on opposite stars. this is the ultimate weapon in playoffs and Playdirty used it with all cynism in Game 5. if there is any chance league can handle this (and I mean handle, not impose a fine which is laughable) - do it! if your team is playing like a bunch of undisciplined goons - it's your fault because you either heat it up or have no control over the situation.

as for the players - sacking Noodles is about the only right thing under current NHL policy. which only shows how inefficient the policy is and what a joke this league is when it comes to fighting against bullish behavior.

If I were the NHL I'd have them play Detroit again sunday night. Detroit will provide all the punishment warranted. :D

He wasn't injured, but that doesn't change the intent. The BLATENT intent to injure...don't even get me started on all the other attempts to injure up and down the ice the team pulled.

I hope the NHL considers revising the rules to make the punishments stiffer. Put it at the league's discretion who sits for the act. Make the $$ assessed to the team higher, and a fine and potential higher suspension on the player. It's completely unfair that you can basically throw in a rogue-timebomb.

How would you like it if we put Ozzie in for a few minutes next game and then take out...um...whoever..Iginla, Phaneuf...etc. Just slash him in the knee or something. OR...let's see Kyle Quinceys in the game. Maybe we should have him go take out Kipper...make a REAL difference in the game.? It doesn't sound so nice...does it? It sounds pretty dirty, and it is.

That type of crap cannot continue to go on in the NHL.

I feel for Flames fans. I think I'd defend my team too if they did the only thing in their power to possibly beat another team in the next game after being physically dominated the way Calgary has been the whole series. I mean let's face face it , can you imagine how embarassing it must have been to be a member of the Flames or one of their fans yesterday? I 'd make up a bunch of crap to justify some goon retaliation too. I'm so glad Iggy didn't get susppended, I can't wait to see him shaking Nick's hand tonight.

Of course I am going to stick by my team. If every fan turned in their jersey at every black eye you would run out of teams to cheer for. I don't want to start talking about Bertuzzi, but I find it quite shocking that a lot your fans are so adamantly supporting him, when is arguably the biggest cheap shot player still playing. Just using it as an example I really don't want to talk about the merits of cheering/booing Bertuzzi.

Of course I am going to stick by my team. If every fan turned in their jersey at every black eye you would run out of teams to cheer for. I don't want to start talking about Bertuzzi, but I find it quite shocking that a lot your fans are so adamantly supporting him, when is arguably the biggest cheap shot player still playing. Just using it as an example I really don't want to talk about the merits of cheering/booing Bertuzzi.

Who has he cheap-shotted this series? This year even?

He seems to be playing disciplined hockey to me...

I was kinda torn when they traded for Bertuzzi..that cheap shot was one of the worst ever...but he has played clean since then.

This incident was really s***ty of the flames....and I hope they get whats coming to them tonight. Tee times.

That's because he knows that if he does anything, his career will be finished.

punishment, suspension, fines...I think they are meant to deter what he did. Great thought Captain Obvious. :siren:

If I am the NHL, I am looking at the incident like so.

1. When did it occur?

Late in a game, when the game was lost by the offending players team

2. Was it provoked?

No, McLennan did this out of his own record.

3. Are there any past incidents for this player?

Nothing comes to mind.

4. Have there been any other incidents in recent NHL history to help gauge this one?

Yes, the Simon incident is quite similar. With the only difference being that the Simon hit was in the face, not the torso.

5. How important is this guy to his team?

He isn't a star, he didn't even play 10 games this year.

First, I would have to conclude that since this game was a playoff game it holds much more weight than a regular season game does.

Second, I would conclude that the only saving grace for McLennan in this case is that he did not seriously injure Franzen.

Third, McLennan could have injured Franzen, and there is no doubt that was his intention.

Fourth, I woul take into account the gravity of Simons suspension.

My conclusion and subsequent penalty to McLennan:

Due to the fact that this is a first offecnce, and citing the Simon incident as sort of a guideline. Understanding that over the course of the season McLennan isn't going to see much more than a tenth of his teams action. I would suspend McLennan for the remainder of the playoffs, with note of further regular season suspension pending how deep his team goes in the playoffs, but no less than 10 additional regular season games. I say at least 10 games because while the incident was not as severe as what Simon did, we are talking about a backup goaltender. The reason I feel a backup goaltender is more deserving of a longer suspension than say a starter is simply because it will potentially have more ability to reach him as it will actually cost him one or two games he could have played in.

punishment, suspension, fines...I think they are meant to deter what he did. Great thought Captain Obvious. :siren:

Thanks for restating what I just said. And yes, Bootuzzi hasn't done anything dirty, yet.

Edited by normtwofinger

That's because he knows that if he does anything, his career will be finished.

EXACTLY, which is why the NHL should have been tougher on McLennan. Make him think twice about doing anything like this ever again. If this were to happen in a minor hockey game, the kid would have been banned from that hockey institute, I've seen it happen for less.

I think we'd play better without playfair.

I'm not speculating about what suspension would be better for the WIngs here, but about what would do the justice.

Playdirty is the ultimate guy responsible for the crap and it's him who holds the blame.

as for Calgary players... McLennan is pretty obvious here, the rest is not and it's better that the league

didn't hand any "weak" suspensions.

I hope that the bad rep Igoonla and Langcoward gained will carry to Game 6 and the refs will have an eye

on them. this would be the best punishment from my point of view

Mclennan = 5 game suspension, w/e doesnt make a diff dont really care

Igilna = penalty during the game, thats all he deserves, no suspension needed

Langkoward = no suspension, lebda is out a game, BULLs***, get that ***** out for atleast a game, maybe 2

Edited by Saran

You do that and I'll mail you a cheque for the box of eggs. :sly:

Langkow must pay, and since the league didnt make him pay someone on the Wings needs to step up and take his sorry ass out. Not in a cheap way, just a good old fashion ass kicking by Bert or Lilja will do :clap: