• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Lightning eliminated

Rate this topic

Sens and Sabres in Conf FInal. I can't see it being any other way.

From there it will be up to Emery. If he can play as well as he did against the Pens, Ottawa may be on it's way to the final.

the rangers and sabres series is gonna be a new yorker wet dream

and im looking foward to the devils and sens which IMO will be the better match up

the rangers and sabres series is gonna be a new yorker wet dream

and im looking foward to the devils and sens which IMO will be the better match up

lol a 45 minute bus ride between games and we have to go to either the pacific time zone or dallas...

The Devils played some excellent hockey in the third, every time Tampa touched the puck in the offensive zone they had them pinned up against the boards. New Jersey deserved to win that game.

Edited by Elshupacabra

Kind of bummed that Lou didn't get himself embarassed behind the bench in that series. If the Bolts had better goaltending (at least for the first few games), that would be the case.

Sens are gonna destroy the Devils in any case.

Tampa just lost 3-2 and were eliminated...

East is set for Round 2

Devils vs. Sens

Sabres vs. Rangers

Thoughts? Comments?

If the Sens find a way to beat the Devils, I think they could match up well against the Sabres.

As much as I'd like to see Shanny succeed, I think the Rangers will have issues beating the Sabres four times.

Sens will choke big time, as they used to for years.

Lou is not dumb and his team is very capable of shutting down Ottawa. and I'm most certainly pulling for Devils here

as for Rangers - Sabres... Rangers have lay off and if Sabres jump quickly on this series they'll be 2-0 and the pressure

will be on NY. and I'm not putting my money on Lundqvist sustaining the pressure, and most certainly not on Jagr.

Edited by akustyk

Kind of bummed that Lou didn't get himself embarassed behind the bench in that series. If the Bolts had better goaltending (at least for the first few games), that would be the case.

Sens are gonna destroy the Devils in any case.

That they will , I hate the devils.

Sens in 5

Rangers in 7

two words: Martin Brodeur.

I know a lot of us don't like him, but the guy comes up big when he has to.

I do have a lot of respect for him.

Devils will beat the Sens. They are just better and a clearly getting into playoff-mode.

Sabres are a better team than the Rangers, but I would love to see the Rangers go further.. (not to far of course...)

I'm really hoping for a Sabres-Senators rematch. Ottawa got humiliated, they must want blood. Emery can compete with Brodeur and his team's better offensively. Miller can lead the Sabres just about anywhere.

Neither of these matchups really interest me, although I wasn't interested in NJ/Tampa at first and it ended up being a pretty fun series to watch. I'm gonna go with Sabres in 6. Sens in 5 if Brodeur plays like he did early in the Tampa series, or Sens in 7 if Brodeur plays like he has the past few games.

I don't know, the Sens kind of have that "team of destiny" look to me, but we'll see. I've been rooting hard against the Devils because of the crap that Lamoriello pulled.

I'm going to either look really dumb or really smart and call Rangers in an upset. They've been playing some fantastic hockey (exactly THREE regulation losses since the end of February, including playoffs).

Yeah I'm also disappointed the Bolts didn't win.

Like someone said, if they had a better goalie, they probably would have won that series.

I felt for a while that Crosby was hands down the MVP of the league. But after watching this series, it seems the only reason NJ won was because of Brodeur. Tampa dominated almost the entire game and he was making save after save, and last game was the same story. The big three had their chances and Marty stood up and got the win.

Now, saying that, I feel NJ has very little chance against Ottawa.

NJ beat TB because of solid goaltending. Tampa lacks a great goalie so NJ scored on the very few chances they had. And they even had a couple breaks go their way.

Ottawa is a pretty sound team. They beat Pittsburgh who lacked great defense, except for a good goalie like Fleury. Ottawa has offensive firepower, not as good as Tampa's big three, but as a overall team, they have better offense.

So Brodeur will have to be just as good as he was against TB. But NJ will have less scoring opportunies against Ottawa than against TB. And NJ's offense isn't that great. They are one of boring teams that pounce on a mistake. Ottawa is going to make less mistakes than TB. I hope Ottawa smokes them every game.

Hah, I'm a bit bitter. My Pens lost, and now the Bolts lost. I don't really like Ottawa or NJ. The only guys I like on Ottawa are Heatley and Spezza, and somewhat Alfreddson, so for those 3 guys only, I'd rather have Ottawa win.

Should be a somewhat good series, but I just can't see NJ beating Ottawa. Maybe this is Ottawa's year to go to the finals. We'll see.

Guest Agalloch

Those are some s***ty second round matchups.

My god the leastern conference is horrible.

two words: Martin Brodeur.

I know a lot of us don't like him, but the guy comes up big when he has to.

I do have a lot of respect for him.

Devils will beat the Sens. They are just better and a clearly getting into playoff-mode.

Sabres are a better team than the Rangers, but I would love to see the Rangers go further.. (not to far of course...)

Brodeur isn't the same as he used to be. Sure, he's still a great goalie, but we saw with TB how they were able to put quite a few by him with ease, despite losing the series.

Sens in five or six tops.

Yeah I'm also disappointed the Bolts didn't win.

Like someone said, if they had a better goalie, they probably would have won that series.

I felt for a while that Crosby was hands down the MVP of the league. But after watching this series, it seems the only reason NJ won was because of Brodeur. Tampa dominated almost the entire game and he was making save after save, and last game was the same story. The big three had their chances and Marty stood up and got the win.

Now, saying that, I feel NJ has very little chance against Ottawa.

NJ beat TB because of solid goaltending. Tampa lacks a great goalie so NJ scored on the very few chances they had. And they even had a couple breaks go their way.

Ottawa is a pretty sound team. They beat Pittsburgh who lacked great defense, except for a good goalie like Fleury. Ottawa has offensive firepower, not as good as Tampa's big three, but as a overall team, they have better offense.

So Brodeur will have to be just as good as he was against TB. But NJ will have less scoring opportunies against Ottawa than against TB. And NJ's offense isn't that great. They are one of boring teams that pounce on a mistake. Ottawa is going to make less mistakes than TB. I hope Ottawa smokes them every game.

Hah, I'm a bit bitter. My Pens lost, and now the Bolts lost. I don't really like Ottawa or NJ. The only guys I like on Ottawa are Heatley and Spezza, and somewhat Alfreddson, so for those 3 guys only, I'd rather have Ottawa win.

Should be a somewhat good series, but I just can't see NJ beating Ottawa. Maybe this is Ottawa's year to go to the finals. We'll see.

You are just pissed because now you aren't going to get laid until after the playoffs end.....