• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiggy_12

Good Series, Hats off

Rate this topic

Its too bad the Flames decided not to show up for game 6, pretty disheartening to see.

The Wings brought their A game and completley dominated the play. And on the road no less, in a tough building... maybe the toughest building.

Hasek had a good game, and what a shot by Franzen...wow. Didn't see that coming. We had our chances, the Moss one will haunt me, but you could tell it just wasn't meant to be. The intensity wasn't there for the Flames.

It was awesome to see the fans stick around for 1 last "Kipper" chant...because he was the only reason they even got to see a game 6. Thank you Kipper, you're the best.

Hats off to the Red Wings, and good luck next round. I'll be cheering for you to come out of the West.

:beerbuddy:

Edited by Jiggy_12

Its too bad the Flames decided not to show up for game 6, pretty disheartening to see.

The WIngs brought their A game, and completley dominated the play. And on the road no less, in a tough building, maybe the toughest building.

Hasek had a good game, and what a shot by Franzen...wow. DIdn't see that coming. We had our chances, but you could tell it just wasn't meant to be. The intensity wasn't there for the Flames.

It was awesome to see the fans stick around for 1 last "Kipper" chant...because he was the only reason they even got to see a game 6. Thank you Kipper, you're the best,

Hats off to the Red Wings, and good luck next round. I'll be cheering for you to come out of the West.

Ya great game, good luck to you guys in the second round I will be cheering for you guys. Almost 60 shots in one game and you guys doubled our over all shots in the series. You guys deserve to win this alot more than us. Anyways good luck :clap:

Guest Tunbo Batman

Believe me, the Flames TRIED to show up. Detroit is just so much better. Not to sound cocky, but look at puck possession time and shots. They simply couldnt do anything.

Credit to Calgary for acting nice in this one. Everything was under control from beginning to end. See you next year hopefully.

Good entertaining series, some undisciplined play got me pretty irate, but in the end it all just made the series far greater. But with that being said you were a great mediator for your team's fandom, an excellent poster and I wish you good luck down the road. Who knows maybe we'll see you again next year?

Kipprusoff....wow. Although I couldve probably stopped at least 15 of the shots Detroit (Sammy) through at Kipper tonight, he made some HUGE stops.

If it had gone to 7 games, I think Kipper wouldve won the Flames that series.

Thank you for the congratulations and I know that we all appreciate your good sportsmanship and kindness after such a tough series. I know I wouldn't be able to keep my cool if the series had gone the other way. Kiprusoff has been my favorite goalie since the '04 Cup run and he showed why in this series. Good game and better luck next year.

That's very classy of you Jiggy, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we were glad to have you posting here throughout the series.

The Wings looked really determined, especially for Games 5 and 6, because I'm sure they didn't want to get embarassed again in the first round. Detroit really matched Calgary physically, and I think that was the key to the series.

Hey Calgary,

Kipper is the best and your team played with alot of passion. I was not one of the whining Detroit fans calling for suspensions. I think they reacted the way they did because they sensed that was their shot and they missed.

Jiggy, it probably hasn't been said to you enough, but Thank You, for being such a shining example of what a hockey fan should be.

Far and away, I have to say the #1 star of the series is Kiprusoff. Although his stats from games 1, 2 & 5 may not reflect it, he was a force to be respected out there, and he is what stretched this to 6 games. Fantastic effort by a fantastic goalie.