• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiggy_12

Good Series, Hats off

Rate this topic

Guest ILWingsFan

Kipper is awesome. If the Flames were playing anybody but the Wings, I'd probably root for them just becuase of him.

Guest Tunbo Batman

Message to Flames management:

Hey, remember that new CBA we signed 2 years ago? Take the money you took from us thanks to that agreement, and spend it on good players/coaching staff/scouting staff. Try to build a GOOD HOCKEY TEAM.

See you in a few years.

Very good series by both teams in thier respective arena's. Kiprusoff showed a more then outstanding performance!! What a goalie!!!. The Wings grabbed the momentem in game five and took this one in game six.

Playoffs are so unpredictable especially in overtime. Dispite how well Detroit dominated in overtime, the Flames came within a hair of a win tonight. Glad this ones over and my heart rate can go back down to normal.

Congratulations Detroit. The Flames didn't deserve to win the series. They lack any sort of system and were dominated in shots by 2:1 ratio the entire series.

Detroit deserves to move on not only as the more talented but harder working and more disciplined team. I'm personally glad I slept through Game 5, I heard that wasn't pretty for Flames fans to see. Embarassing.

hats off to the flames fans who truly deserve it

this feels awesome. hasek was playing back to back games. we were on the road. in calgary. without kronwall, lebda and with sammy playing WAY too much.

we bucked every trend. i'm insanely proud of this team.

I am right there with you, FF!!

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I would say good series. But honestly, we basically dominated the Flames in every game. Game 3 was the only game I would say that we didnt dominate. And despite the refs hard-ons for the Flames, we still closed them out in 6. But I will say, my hat is off to the classy Flames fans. Even if they are outnumbered 10-1 by the ignorant ones. Im so stoked for the second round. I cant wait. GO RED WINGS BABY!

Kipper was definitely the number one star for the Flames every game.

Without him this series would've been a total embarrassment for Calgary.

And I'm not talking about the cheapshots. It's rare you see a goalie play out of his mind and still lose games by three and four goals.

Hey, remember that new CBA we signed 2 years ago? Take the money you took from us thanks to that agreement, and spend it on good players/coaching staff/scouting staff. Try to build a GOOD HOCKEY TEAM.

See you in a few years.

Message to the Wings: The Flames seemed to be fine exactly 3 years ago before the new CBA :)

The money is well spent, just the good coach decided to move upstairs. :(:(:(

Also, I know Detroit has a great farm team, the Griffins. The Flames AHL team, the Omaha Knights won their division and is playing their first playoffs ever. Hopefully there is some talent down the pipeline, something the Flames have not had for a decade. Moss, Giordano, and Krahn will probably head down there right now. That Moss shot over the crossbar will always haunt me, but even if the Flames did win tonight, Detroit would have won back in the Joe.

See you NEXT YEAR :)

Edited by Hack&Lube

This was a very hard loss to swallow, but I think tonights game was an accurate display of the entire series. Simply put the flames just did not match up well against the wings. The wings were much superier in almost all aspects of the game.

I have gained a lot of respect for wing fans, not only from this board, but also the large number I met while in attendance to the three games in Detroit. I am very sorry the there was some controversial play by my team that caused some tempers to rise but hopefully that is all behind us now.

I wish you all the best in the coming rounds and I will continue to stop by here.

Here's hoping to a quick recovery from holmstrom, he is an animal and a very important player for your team. Freak accidents like that are always tough to see. Best of luck in round two

Vansmack

See you in a few years.

nothing personal, but i think you have a severly warped understanding of revenue sharing. The flames are in the top 15 in league revenue and therefore are not eligible tor receive any money from other teams. Go preach to the panthers and the blues.

Hang on to Kipper, Flames. What an amazing goaltender... just amazing.

Only if you give us the secret to super geriatric hockey players (Hasek, Chelios, Howe). If Kipper lives as long as Hasek, then the Flames better hold onto him.

Great series. Frustrating at times.

But notes to Flames management:

1. Hire a better coach. This Calgary team has proven it can play at a high level (see Detroit Offense shut-downs at the end of games 3 and 4), and with a more experienced coach they could be contending for their division.

2. Keep Kiprusoff (at all costs). Maybe his defensemen left him out to dry during the regular season? But he looked Vezina quality and was the only reason the series went to 6 and didn't have games ending at 6 or 7 to 1.

Only if you give us the secret to super geriatric hockey players (Hasek, Chelios, Howe). If Kipper lives as long as Hasek, then the Flames better hold onto him.

I dunno, Detroit is like Florida for hockey. Everyone comes here to finish off their career

Great series. Frustrating at times.

But notes to Flames management:

1. Hire a better coach. This Calgary team has proven it can play at a high level (see Detroit Offense shut-downs at the end of games 3 and 4), and with a more experienced coach they could be contending for their division.

2. Keep Kiprusoff (at all costs). Maybe his defensemen left him out to dry during the regular season? But he looked Vezina quality and was the only reason the series went to 6 and didn't have games ending at 6 or 7 to 1.

After this series,

Alot of Flames fans will agree with both of those points. Playfair just ticks me off.

Its too bad the Flames decided not to show up for game 6, pretty disheartening to see.

The Wings brought their A game and completley dominated the play. And on the road no less, in a tough building... maybe the toughest building.

Hasek had a good game, and what a shot by Franzen...wow. Didn't see that coming. We had our chances, the Moss one will haunt me, but you could tell it just wasn't meant to be. The intensity wasn't there for the Flames.

It was awesome to see the fans stick around for 1 last "Kipper" chant...because he was the only reason they even got to see a game 6. Thank you Kipper, you're the best.

Hats off to the Red Wings, and good luck next round. I'll be cheering for you to come out of the West.

:beerbuddy:

thanks man, you are indeed a good guy.

After this series,

Alot of Flames fans will agree with both of those points. Playfair just ticks me off.

what ticks me off about playfair is that he just doesn't seem to care. Never displays any emotion... some people would say having a coach with a level head is a good thing, but its nice to see some passion displayed every once in a while.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Hang on to Kipper, Flames. What an amazing goaltender... just amazing.

Yeah as much as I hate the guy. He's a total bad ass between the pipes. The kinda guy you love when hes on your team, and hate when hes the opponent. Excellent tender though, thats for sure. Without Kipper I honestly think we would have swept the Flames or maybe have won in 5.

Yeah as much as I hate the guy. He's a total bad ass between the pipes. The kinda guy you love when hes on your team, and hate when hes the opponent. Excellent tender though, thats for sure. Without Kipper I honestly think we would have swept the Flames or maybe have won in 5.

without kipper the flames would be the oilers :thumbdown: