• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevie for president

Irony

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Good point. I just remembered the way my stomach sank when that happened. It only makes it sweeter.

Yeah, every other time the CBC play-by-play guy said something, I kept reliving "Gelinas scores!!!!"

Agh.

Cujo came to play in game 6. Not otherwise.

I think the most frustrating thing out of the series in 04 was that there was no reason at all that Detroit should have lost that series, based on the level of talent on that team.

Not to take anything away from Kiprusoff, because he was unreal. But when you have a bench consisting of Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanahan, Hull, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, Draper (who won the Selke that year)... Detroit should have buried Calgary that year.

Shoulda coulda woulda though...

Right before the game started I looked over to my sis and Dad and said: "You know what would be GREAT? This game goes to double OT and we eliminate them like they did us in 2004. That would be perfect." and what do ya know! The hockey gods listened!

What is really ironic is this....

Flames sent Franzen a message in Game 5... (at least thats what some think)

Franzen sent them one in Game 6 : "Game Over"

Overhead on ESPNews:

"...And after that save by Hasek, they would need a second overtime. Who wants to be a hero? Who else? Johan Franzen! Stick to the gut? STICK THIS! The Red Wings move on to the second round, the Flames go home."

I hope Calgary's stickwork is as good on the golf course as it is on the ice. I don't think Iginla will appreciate McLellan slashing him in the gut when he gets a double bogey. :hehe:

This year is defintiely different, the makeup of the team is different too. There always some ironies like the past couple years, the team that has beat the Wings haven't won the cup.

I'm relieved we beat Calgary, but the Wings still have another hump to get over.

GO WINGS!!!

What is really ironic is this....

Flames sent Franzen a message in Game 5... (at least thats what some think)

Franzen sent them one in Game 6 : "Game Over"

I've got to admit, I don't think wings fans could have written a better ending to this series.