• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu in Israel

Second Round

Rate this topic

Unless I'm mistaken the Anaheim Ducks will be the Wings' opponent in the Second Round, and if so, they will have to face an even better goalie than Kiprusoff, meaning: Jean-Sebastien Giguere (look at his playoff figures)!

Yes, "the Dominator" has the name, and the aura, and the mystique, but look at the number of shots that Kiprusoff faced and the number that Hasek faced, then at the number of goals scored; the offense and the defense are what's carried this team along so far.

I do not mean to demean Hasek's worth as a goalie, I merely mean to look at the statistics, "Just the facts ma'am," as Sgt. Joe Friday (Jack Webb) used to say in the TV series "Dragnet."

The Wings will play either Dallas or San Jose in the second round. You must be confusing the playoff stats a bit here.

And why do you have no faith in Hasek? I know this is LGW, brewing pot of negativity, but when he is on his game he can be an excellent goalie.

Unless I'm mistaken the Anaheim Ducks will be the Wings' opponent in the Second Round, and if so, they will have to face an even better goalie than Kiprusoff, meaning: Jean-Sebastien Giguere (look at his playoff figures)!

Great post... except Wings won't play the Ducks in the second round

No, there's no way we're going to play Anaheim in the 2nd round. The top-seed always plays against the lowest seed. So in this case, depending on the outcome of the Canucks-Stars game tomorrow, we play either the Stars or the Sharks

Even if we do verse Anaheim down the road, we can take Giguere. The last time he beat us we were a very different team, who had a horrible habit of shooting pucks into the chest. So Samuelson will have a hard time. Thats about it.

Edited by Echolalia

Guest Crymson

Yes, "the Dominator" has the name, and the aura, and the mystique, but look at the number of shots that Kiprusoff faced and the number that Hasek faced, then at the number of goals scored; the offense and the defense are what's carried this team along so far.

I do not mean to demean Hasek's worth as a goalie, I merely mean to look at the statistics, "Just the facts ma'am," as Sgt. Joe Friday (Jack Webb) used to say in the TV series "Dragnet."

The fact that we do not play Anaheim in the next round aside, this comment is the epitome of worthless. We have just won a series in which Hasek played spectacularly, and you immediately find the need to put him down in relation to other goalies in the western conference. This seems to be the only point of your post. I do not understand why you made it. That Hasek did not face as many scoring chances as did Kiprusoff does not make Dom any less valuable. He let in perhaps two bad goals this series, which is as many as did Kiprusoff. The rest were largely as a result of defensive gaffes on the power play--which Calgary's D did not commit--and Hasek certainly made his share of vital saves at vital times. The guy let in 10 goals in six games; seriously, why did you even say this? Are you already attempting to rationalize to yourself why we'll lose in the second round, so as to avoid disappointment? If so, join the crowd.. I'm sure that they'll be gathering after they get over the euphoria of tonight's win. Look for the club meeting on the boards the night before game 1.

I've watched Turco for years, and yes he is having a nice playoffs...

I've watched Captain Inflate-o-Pads (Giguere) at his best too. There are few certain things in an uncertain world...but here's one....The Wings will not face a goalie equal to Mikka Kiprusoff for the rest of the playoffs.

Bank on it.

The Flames also didn't have Pronger and Nieds Special in front of Kipper. Poor guy got shellshocked by a much better Detroit team.

Honestly, I think the best goaltender Detroit could possibly face is either Turco or actually Luongo. But Anaheim definetely has the better defense which will inflate Giguere's abilities.

Luongo has proven in situations to be > Kipper, even this Flames fan will admit that.

Hoping for Dallas in the 2nd round, even if Turco has been amazing...though, if we played San Jose, I could drive down and catch a game...

Hmm...

to be fair, Stu In Isreal is not a "noob" nor has he been an idiot poster. look back at his posts. smart guy with smart things to say. not pointing fingers, just saying.

The Flames also didn't have Pronger and Nieds Special in front of Kipper. Poor guy got shellshocked by a much better Detroit team.

Honestly, I think the best goaltender Detroit could possibly face is either Turco or actually Luongo. But Anaheim definetely has the better defense which will inflate Giguere's abilities.

Luongo has proven in situations to be > Kipper, even this Flames fan will admit that.

You can definitely make a strong case for Luongo being better than Kipper....but Turco??

I obviously dont love the Flames but...no way is Turco better than Kiprusoff.

If Giguere finds a way to stop nearly 250 shots, then he'll have my respect.

Kipper is the only one in the league not named Brodeur that could've kept the Flames in the series.

Each and every one of those games could've been 5-1 except for Kipper.

You can definitely make a strong case for Luongo being better than Kipper....but Turco??

but right now, turco is hot. really hot. i think he has a couple of shut-outs. dom doesn't have that right?

I meant that Detroit HAS LEFT to possibly face.

but right now, turco is hot. really hot. i think he has a couple of shut-outs. dom doesn't have that right?

He has 3 shutouts, all his wins have been shutouts. However, I think we will have an easier time with him than with Kipper. Turco has been playing against a pathetic offense that is owned by the Vancouver Canucks. Both of these teams have the worst offense going into the playoffs in the West, and only the Devils score fewer goals. So I say Go Stars! and bring on Turco. We will light him up. He has a bad record against us and he hasn't seen nearly as many shots as Kipper or a respectable offense.

Kipper > Turco, stats are misleading in my opinion.

Lol