• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heroes of Hockeytown

First Round MVP

Rate this topic

I know a lot of people are going to say Cleary, and they're absolutely right, he was a friggin' monster game in and game out. He single-handedly killed penalties, dished out punishment, scored and set up his linemates.

Buuuut Franzen needs to get some consideration, too. He had two goals and five points, hit like a madman, and killed penalties with the best of them. To boot, he nailed the series winner.

Lidstrom was his usual awesome self. A lot of people gave him s*** for Game 5, but in all honesty if that's the worst he could do than he's the best damn D-man of all time. Eight points in six games, neutralized a guy who would've been top 5 (or 3) in scoring if he were healthy during the season, and throughout showed great leadership and poise. I think we sort of take his performance for granted, and I think I'm doing it right now, because....

I award my MVP for Detroit's Quaterfinal win to....

FRANZEN AND CLEARY!

Yes, a Co-MVP. Such a cop-out. I honestly couldn't choose. They were both absolutely stellar, and series was won on their sticks more than anyone else's.

Many other players were great too, (Hasek, Pavel...) but those are my top 3, anyways. So... pick away.

Cleary & Franzen are the two who most come to mind when you review this series. Their determination, and heart, truly more to come from them this year.

Filppula evens kills penalties in the playoffs, who knew?? :lol:

Schneider & Nicklas were GODS on defense.

The Pain Train was steady - who could've predicted that?

And Mister Robert Lang is still lazy .. but certainly doesn't suck.

Kiprusoff was the best player for either team, without a doubt.

Detroit's MVP is a bit more open to debate. Cleary, Franzen, Lidstrom (apart from a few mishaps in games 3-4). Hasek did well too, but wasn't really worked much.

kipper without a doubt,

but on the wings side daniel cleary was a monster. His hit on phaneuf showed every team in the league we could dish what they've been giving for years now.

Guest Crymson

It's all been said. Cleary, Franzen, Filpulla, Dom, Pavel, Lilja, Lidstrom (eight points in six games!).

The whole team came together for this one.

We got goals from 11 different players throughout the course of the series.

Edited by Crymson

1. Cleary

2. Kipper

3. The Fronze

Cleary and Franzen came to play EVERY game.

Kipper was a beast!

Giggy/Bryz, Turco, Nabby, Luongo. Its going to be like this every series. west has some great goaltenders.

Top three for me:

Cleary = obvious, checks, skates hard, reads plays, digs in corners, involved in all the scrums, took hard checks and came back for more, etc, etc.

Franzen = Big banger, goal scorer, nifty passer, etc.

Lilja = Logged mucho minutes and didn't give up anything atrocious, most improved player on the team IMO.

Nice job by all, but these three really stand out and don't usually get the big media attention.

Honorable mention = Chelios (how f***in' old is he?)

:clap::clap::clap:

esteef

Edited by esteef

Top three for me:

Cleary = obvious, checks, skates hard, reads plays, digs in corners, involved in all the scrums, took hard checks and came back for more, etc, etc.

Franzen = Big banger, goal scorer, nifty passer, etc.

Lilja = Logged mucho minutes and didn't give up anything atrocious, most improved player on the team IMO.

Nice job by all but these three really stand out and don't usually get the big media attention.

Honorable mention = Chelios (how f***in' old is he?)

:clap::clap::clap:

esteef

Those are my three as well. :clap: