• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwinger4747

Best thing about round 2, playing an AMERICAN team.

Rate this topic

This is not a knock on Canadian teams or anything, but I am really excited to be playing an American team for 2 reasons:

1) We wont have basically an entire country rooting against us, which can get really annoying especially on CBC.

2) We will actually have a large Wings crowd presence on road games. Games in Dallas or San Jose will have lots of Wings fans, as opposed to Calgary or Edmonton, where none exist.

Here's to a great 2nd Round!

I can't wait for an American team! As a Canadian, CBC is fine to watch Toronto against Ottawa, for example, but just no way is it tolerable with an American team against a Canadian one. The constant Hasek dissing was getting a little old. Hooray for a new station!

wont be many Wings fans in San Jose...the Shark Tank is CRAZY hostile

I dunno, I was there this season for a Wings-Sharks game and they didn't seem especially bad. Certainly nowhere near as hostile as the Saddledome.

Granted, postseason = Amped up.

Yep. Rules might actually apply against a non-Canadian team. :rolleyes:

absolutely. I'm tired of zebras trying every single call to get Wings off their games only to give these crappy Canadian

teams some chance and pretend they are competitive.

thanks god there's a fair chance there'll only be Canadian team left in the East. that is, if the Stars keep rolling

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

This is not a knock on Canadian teams or anything, but I am really excited to be playing an American team for 2 reasons:

1) We wont have basically an entire country rooting against us, which can get really annoying especially on CBC.

Ain't that the truth. What a breath of fresh air it will be to not have to deal with those Canadian homers. I too am extremely pleased to be playing an American team. :clap:

Depending on the outcome of the Dallas/Vancouver game Monday night, along with the 2nd round schedule, I'm sure CBC will still have coverage of Detroit's games. They had announcers at most of the 1st round games, and would cut to them during intermissions, i.e. Buffalo/NYI, NJ/TB. So, if Dallas knocks off Vancouver, Anaheim would then play San Jose late,then the Wings/Stars games will probably be shown, depending on when Ottawa plays.

Reasons why I don't miss watching games played in Canada:

1. Canadian hockey fans bashing American fans as ignorant and as cry-babies.

2. The biased TV announcers on CBC who heap more praise on Canadian teams and players. Noticed how the announcer would get REAL excited whenever Calgary was on the attack. Meanwhile when the Wings were shooting on goal...his voice more dull and low-key.

3. The Red Wings always struggle in Canada.

That and we've had Dallas and Turco's number for a long while, as opposed to our experience with the Sharks. People connected to the team are loathe to admit it but they'll definitely have their Dallas jerseys on tonight!