• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LivingtheDream

Lidstrom the Leader of the Wings

Rate this topic

Thanks for posting.

Nick had a bad playoff last year vs. Pronger. This year, he's off to his usual excellent self.

And I thought the Norris was for regular season performance. He's a lock for it.

Guest Tunbo Batman

well, if the last two games were "his first real test as captain" , i gotta go with an A :P

each team really is a reflection of their captain :

Iginla : sometimes good, sometimes useless, goon, loses it often.

Lidstrom : calm, strong, dominating, subtle, a natural leader that plays HOCKEY.

we are so lucky :P

Well, technically I'd give him a C. He hasn't worn the A all season. ;)

Nick, like Stevie, is one of those players that I dread to see retire. Not just for how much he means to the wings, but for how much he means to the league.

Guest LivingtheDream

Well, technically I'd give him a C. He hasn't worn the A all season. ;)

Hey man, what do you mean a C??? are you on cra.... Oh, it was a joke! :-)

Like Tunbo said, we are lucky. I keep thinking of that quote where they asked Sidney Crosby what impressed him most in the NHL and his answer was Nick Lidstrom. He could have said, "the speed, the hitting, the intensity, the crowds, the goalies..." but instead what came to his mind was one guy. That's huge, that says a lot about what Lids brings to the game.

Edited by LivingtheDream

This is just further evidence that we have know for the last decade plus, Lids is one of the best players in the league year in and year out. He may make a mistake once every 100 games but he won't let it happen again. Truly world class.

"Lidstrom has played in every Wings playoff game since 1992"

That's simply an amazing stat.

:clap: Thats some achievement, After loosing someone as valuable as Steve Y, I thaught we would have really struggled. But Lidstrom has stepped in and done a great job as Captain. :):thumbup:

Nice article; if they could write something negative, they might after losing the series, but nothing bad can be said about Nick. Shows you he is the class of the NHL.

I'd say he's my all time favorite hockey player - but then there's Yzerman - but no shame in being right there at #2. Here's hoping for another (well deserved) Norris). Look out West if he plays like this every series! :clap:

damn right. 37, still the best in the world

shame though, that most aren't able to judge his talents visually so they resort fo points to determine who should win the norris. this guy, should win the norris, hands down. neids and pronger to me aren't close.

:clap::clap::clap:

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Nick is the man. I can't wait to see him hoisting that Cup. Ahhhhh its gonna be beautiful.

Edited by GodofHockeyStevieY19

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

:thumbup:

While Cleary was great this series, Lids was hands down the Wings MVP.

No doubt about it. :clap:

Guest Tunbo Batman

shame though, that most aren't able to judge his talents visually so they resort fo points to determine who should win the norris. this guy, should win the norris, hands down. neids and pronger to me aren't close.

obviously the people in charge know their thing, because he's got 4 already :P

plus, overrated one-dimensional "defencemen" like Souray arent even considered, which proves that the voters arent dips***s impressed with only numbers.

he's like wine... just gets better with age...

... but then turns t0 vinegar. :P

Hasn't happened yet!

plus, overrated one-dimensional "defencemen" like Souray arent even considered, which proves that the voters arent dips***s impressed with only numbers.

Souray really put effort into his defensive game near the end of the season. I saw a couple games and you could SEE the hustle radiating off of him. He's still no Lidstrom, though. In fact, he's still no Lilja.

Edited by Earthhuman

:thumbup:

While Cleary was great this series, Lids was hands down the Wings MVP.

Agreed...at first thought I said Cleary was the MVP--the guy played amazing, but that said Lidstrom had 8 points and still managed to shut down Igoonla. The guy can honestly do two things at once, he's that good.

I think he'll win. He is a whopping +40 while a few of the points leaders are in the negative. Neidermeyer is the only one that's close. The only reason Neid will win is if the voters are just tired of giving it to Lidstrom. But Nick was the best defenseman hands down, so I have confidence they'll get this one right........