• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

History of Bernie

Rate this topic

little to what SOME people think and for some reason don't get its a cool thing that someone came up with about it. its fsome we fans are having fun with even if it seems like a 2 year old came up with it. support for our team comes in many forms and this is just a fun way for us to support or team.

I love the idea of the Wings having a little mascot. LETS GO BERNIE! :D:thumbup:

After much looking around I found the answer to my own question.

The Fabled Story of Bernie:

Who is Bernie the Rally Bird?

Bernie is our little European Starling friend (Red Wing at heart) who showed up in game 1 of the Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup Playoffs and helped rally the boys of Hockeytown to a 4-1 victory over the Flames.

He has been adopted by the members of LetsGoWings.com as the Official Rally Bird of 2007.

The legend of Bernie begins where another ended. It is said that the last puck Steve Yzerman ever touched was left on the ice of the Joe Louis Arena overnight. Out from this small piece of rubber rose a great black bird, instilled with the winning spirit, inspiration, and heart of a champion. He has lived in the rafters, watching over the team ever since.

Now he has returned to the ice to help rally the Detroit Red Wings to another Stanley Cup!

After much looking around I found the answer to my own question.

The Fabled Story of Bernie:

Who is Bernie the Rally Bird?

Bernie is our little European Starling friend (Red Wing at heart) who showed up in game 1 of the Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup Playoffs and helped rally the boys of Hockeytown to a 4-1 victory over the Flames.

He has been adopted by the members of LetsGoWings.com as the Official Rally Bird of 2007.

The legend of Bernie begins where another ended. It is said that the last puck Steve Yzerman ever touched was left on the ice of the Joe Louis Arena overnight. Out from this small piece of rubber rose a great black bird, instilled with the winning spirit, inspiration, and heart of a champion. He has lived in the rafters, watching over the team ever since.

Now he has returned to the ice to help rally the Detroit Red Wings to another Stanley Cup!

there you go..so what do you think?

:) I really believe that story...... it's like Santa Claus.........?.................... What do you mean he's not real. :(:P:lol:

I was at the game when he first appeared. Not sure where the name came about from, but he was flying around the arena and even landed on the ice several times during the play (obviously not around the actually play). During the intermissions he was playing chicken with the zamboni's and luckily he won ;) Dom was even found talking swipes at him at one point when flew too close to the corner to his left.

You've actually seen Bernie in REAL LIFE! :o . You are lucky. :D

I would be honoured to be in the presence of the B-man. :cool::P

You've actually seen Bernie in REAL LIFE! :o . You are lucky. :D

I would be honoured to be in the presence of the B-man. :cool::P

Yes, I was one of the 20,000 that got to witness the B-man in person. Although I didn't know the waves that he would be creating at the time... I am honored that he sat most of the game perched ontop of the netting in front of our Section 214.

I consider myself VERY lucky to witness such inspiration. :)

I dunno. The bird was really cute, especially if you were there. You were really rooting for him NOT to get hit by the zamboni. One of the first things I did when I left the Joe was text HC about him :D

Haha yess. BERNIE 4 LYFE.

I can't believe I forgot my phone in the car during the game! I was so bummed because I wanted to text you!

and boy was she texting you... I had to tell her, "look let her respond before you type any more to here" Good times :D

LGW should make the Wikipedia page for Bernie!

Here is the page I started for him using the above posted story. Feel free to edit as you wish.

Oh and just in case anyone cares to know - The word on the street is that Bernie likes to eat Shark Sushi. But you didn't hear that from me......

:unsure:

Edited by WingsWingsWings

I started a Wikipedia entry for Bernie, but I don't have pictures, or creative enough writing abilities to be able to write up a good article for Bernie.

The Wikipedia Admins have tagged my entry for "speedy deletion" but I contested it hoping some of the other LGW members might be able and want to help get the entry up to a decent amount to make Wikipedia keep it.

Anyone up for helping?

The entry I started can be found here.

The Wikipedia Admins are pretty lame. As HOH pointed out a while back, they find the need for an individual article for every single type of Pokemon that exists, yet anything that has to do with the Wings, like an article for LetsGoWings somebody made before, must be deleted.

I'll help you if you want. Post in this topic or PM me for what you'd like. :)

Put in what you want I guess. Bernie belongs to the Wings and LGW so it's not just up to me...... :)

I just think Bernie is important enough for a Wikipedia article even if the Wiki Admins don't!

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Edited by WingsWingsWings