• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsDC2B

Red Bird 1 flight status

Rate this topic

So if Homer had to stay at the hospital for whatever reason and the team returned home without him, wound a second plane take the trip to Calgary just to pick him up or what?

How does that work out

He would take a commercial flight.

So if Homer had to stay at the hospital for whatever reason and the team returned home without him, wound a second plane take the trip to Calgary just to pick him up or what?

How does that work out

I bet they would just fly him back on a first class ticket to Detroit on another airline.

I know this is totally irrelevant, but isn't it called Red Bird 2 now? I thought a few years back they started using a new plane.

also, it obviously is the Wings jet, but on that site, where does it says Wings / Tigers or anything?

I know this is totally irrelevant, but isn't it called Red Bird 2 now? I thought a few years back they started using a new plane.

also, it obviously is the Wings jet, but on that site, where does it says Wings / Tigers or anything?

If you go to one of the pictures of the plane posted earlier: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0313117/M/

you can see the plane's ID or Licence #, with that you can track any plane on that website.

You are correct, it is Red Bird II. From the Detroit Red Wings home site...

http://www.detroitredwings.com/interactive...icle.jsp?id=150

48 Hours with the Detroit Red Wings

Spend 48 hours with Hockeytown's favorite players

This is an all-access pass to follow your Detroit Red Wings for two days of behind the scenes action you can't find anywhere else. Starting with the March 2 game against the Phoenix Coyotes at Joe Louis Arena, you see everything from the pre-game preparation to the Grind Line sipping lattes. From there you board Red Bird II and go on the road with the Wings as they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets on March 3.

The Tigers use the aircraft as well...it is leased by Olympia Entertainment. That would explain the run to California - the Tigers started a series with the Angles.

Also, for you stalkerish types (DHS National Stalker Level Green), you may want to hang near the outside gates here (www.metroflightservices.com) to get some good stalkerish type photos. If yer into that stalkerish type stuff.

Speaking of which, here is a photo of Red Bird I - http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0614827/M/

I'd say the Diesel-nine was an upgrade.

Does this plane fly into Metro or into Willow Run? I wonder what terminal they fly into if it's Metro? Berry?

My husband works at Metro. They don't go through the terminals; they go through an FBO (like a charter plane uses).

Looks like the plane is back to California to pick up the Tigers this evening. Maybe our pilot can pay off the Sharks pilot to leave Joe Thorton and Cheechoo behind tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure it's Willow Run, but I'm not totally certain.

*stalking yay*

No - they fly out of Detroit Metro Airport. They don't have to go through the terminal. They use an FBO (like charter planes use).