• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings4life

Sharks fans want to play Wings

Rate this topic

Let the Sharks fans think what they want to think. Last I checked there was some consensus around here too about who we wanted to play next. They didn't watch the Flames series, so they didn't see Datsyuk, of all people, slamming players into the boards and getting just as physical as anyone. They missed Cleary's and Lilja's grind-it-out style. (Yes, Lilja.) They didn't watch Filppula bounce back from a vicious (and clean) hit and keep skating like nothing happened. We know they're just being ignorant. And if the Canucks win tonight, our boys will have the chance to show them what's up.

My old man has season tickets to the Sharks. He says the sharks want to play the wings real bad to show that they can beat us. I told him it will be a tough battle and fly me home for games 3 and 4!!! Hahahhaha!!

the problem is, Sharks are not a single line team like Flames are. we would have to put Nick against 2 lines and that could wear him down in 5-6 games.

for Sharks we will definitely need strong 2 defense lines and Hasek doing wonders.

on the other hand, their goaltending is good, but not that good as Kipprusoff. which would be our chance here.

still, Sharks are more complete team than Dallas. they had some lay-off now which could presumably hand us an easier win in Game 1, but that would still be a long series. as for Stars... not to take anything of them, but Turco is not the guy. and we match up nicely against them. they are hot now and gaining confidence, but so are Wings...

having said that... if Canucks choke, there'll be no bad team in the West left. on paper Ducks are the best here, but anything can happen.

Another great quote from them is "Our offense will automatically hit those wide open nets he (Hasek) hands us"

Which offense is that? The Thorton / Cheecho line that will be negated by lidstom/markov, or the marleau line negated by the new grind line?

Man, does everyone HATE the wings? Personally, I think Dallas IS going to WIN tonite, but hopefully we meet up with the Sharks at some point. Would love their fans to eat some crow.

To me, it looks like they are afraid of the Ducks.... I believe the Wings can beat all the teams left, Sens would be the toughest matchup IMO.

I completely agree! I had the Sens winning the Cup this year. They remind me so much of the Wings in 97. And if you consider that they have a much easier Conference they should be more rested and fresh for whoever scrapes and crawls out of the west.

I only want Dallas in the next round because those late night west coast games are a big pain in the arse the next day at work. Throw in an overtime or two (like last night) and 6 am rolls around real fast. Coffee only takes you so far until the jitters kick in.

I only want Dallas in the next round because those late night west coast games are a big pain in the arse the next day at work. Throw in an overtime or two (like last night) and 6 am rolls around real fast. Coffee only takes you so far until the jitters kick in.

Ah - freakin' - men brother. :clap:

Yeah i agree with that

Let 'em talk. Anyone that picks their poison is just setting themselves up for a rude awakening. Even though I feel the Wings would match up better against Dallas, I won't be "rooting" for the tonight just so the Wings have it "easier" in the next round.

To be the best, you have to beat the best, and if Sharks fans want to get cocky, let em be.

Let the Sharks fans think what they want to think. Last I checked there was some consensus around here too about who we wanted to play next. They didn't watch the Flames series, so they didn't see Datsyuk, of all people, slamming players into the boards and getting just as physical as anyone. They missed Cleary's and Lilja's grind-it-out style. (Yes, Lilja.) They didn't watch Filppula bounce back from a vicious (and clean) hit and keep skating like nothing happened. We know they're just being ignorant. And if the Canucks win tonight, our boys will have the chance to show them what's up.

Datsyuk slamming players was freaking GREAT! Especially when he knocked Phaneuf down. Twice!

I remember in Game 5 I think it was the second period and the first line was out. Homer slammed someone into the boards, then seconds later Hank slammed another Flames player, and then finally Datsyuk on Phaneuf. It was GREAT. All in one shift, they grinded it out, and stuck it to the Flames. This Wings team ain't soft. They can dish it and take it.

Guest MrSandMan

Forget their drama. After the first round hump, we're set to beat anyone in 7.

How's Thornton doing? I was only able to see one of the games between the Preds and Sharks and he looked invisible out there...

Thornton isn't doing that well. Now that Datsyuk and Marty Turco have come to play this year, Big Joe is the only big name player that still doesn't bring it to the playoffs.

I remember in Game 5 I think it was the second period and the first line was out. Homer slammed someone into the boards, then seconds later Hank slammed another Flames player, and then finally Datsyuk on Phaneuf. It was GREAT. All in one shift, they grinded it out, and stuck it to the Flames. This Wings team ain't soft. They can dish it and take it.

Wings will not survive massive runs if the other team decides to play it tough and on the verge of penalties. Flames were missing depth and discipline and could not afford it but Sharks are a different story. they can do it and if they pressure us all the time we won't look as good as against Calgary.

I sure enjoyed the way Wings played against Flames, but Sharks are not the same story. they are different league than Calgary in pretty much every department. and they definitely know how to play tough.

not to sound like an ass spoiling party, but physical toughness will not be our advantage if we play Sharks.