• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings4life

Sharks fans want to play Wings

Rate this topic

I think everyone is overreacting. It's like the last series when everyone here was pissed about the Calgary media's comment about the Wings. It's to be expected.

Why shouldn't the Sharks prefer the Wings? The Wings are smaller than them and the Sharks have done much better against the Wings this season than they have against the Ducks. That's factual information. I'm sure most people here prefer Dallas rather than San Jose. Same thing here.

Quit being so sensitive.

I will pose a question here. How many of you, before this topic was posted, was a member of or even knew thefeeder.com forums existed? My guess is about 2 out of 94 who posted.

Actually at the LGW homepage theres an team affiliates tab or something that has links to almost every teams forum, and the feeder is in there, so incidentally I already knew.

Having said that, if I we're a sharks fan I would prefer versing the wings also, having whooped us all over the ice throughout the regular season. Their battles against Anaheim we're pretty back and forth, so clearly they see an advantage through our recent history. But for those of you who think they're underrating us (and maybe they are a bit), 90% of them know very well they have probably the toughest route to the finals. No matter how you look at it, odds are heavily stacked that they end up versing Nashville, Detroit and Anaheim: the three top Western Conference teams. Its a pick-your-poison type scenario for them.

Thanks! I've been trying to explain this all day.

We Sharks fans are NOT looking ahead. Just understand that we've been through 8 games with the (Mighty :hehe: ) Ducks and they are ******* great.

It's NOT about beating you, it's about avoiding them.

P.S.

Whatever happened to the Detroit Express?

Don't take the razzing personally. Alot of us here might be a little cranky after staying up so late last night. :zzz:

I think everyone is overreacting. It's like the last series when everyone here was pissed about the Calgary media's comment about the Wings. It's to be expected.

Why shouldn't the Sharks prefer the Wings? The Wings are smaller than them and the Sharks have done much better against the Wings this season than they have against the Ducks. That's factual information. I'm sure most people here prefer Dallas rather than San Jose. Same thing here.

Quit being so sensitive.

This is the really the only post I caught in this mess but it's bang-on. Kyoo-Eff-Tee.

Actually I just realized that its a rock-paper-scissors scenario between the three of us (in terms of the regular season at least)

We fared much better against Anaheim than San Hose, but San Hose did much better than Anaheim against us. Lastly, Anaheim beat San Hose much more than we did.

Like I said, I feel strangely comfortable about facing the Sharks. In fact, just like I said with the Flames, I dont even think it will be that close of a series. I think Detroit will come out and surprise the Sharks with some dominant play. Call me crazy, but Wings in 5.

You, as well as LGW Chat now knows what happens when we Root for Robbie Lang!

WINGS IN 5!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!!

THE PAIN TRAIN'S COMIN FOR CHEECHOO!!!!!!!

AND BIG BERT'S READY TOO!

*in his The Mask impersonation* SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

not for nothing guys but if i was a sharks fan id rather face the wings then the ducks too , the ducks have had their number this year and got 2 young norris winners on the backend , and as good as our forwards can be at times there not as big and not as fast id say as the sharks ..........lets not kid ourselves this is gonan be a HUGE test for us , and ill be rooting for the wings but if god forbid we dont make it next year i expect some hugeeeee changes ,,i personally want schneider gone next yr , we need younger physical faster d men , not more offensive guys on the back , and we need some fast physical forwards who can score .......id much rather get rid of calder and the 2.5 he's probably gonna ask for but wont get and pay an extra 3 for smyth ....and bertuzzi no way he will get 5 million ........anyways im getting carried away here lol

GO REDWINGS!!!!!! KICK SOME ASS !

Like I said, I feel strangely comfortable about facing the Sharks. In fact, just like I said with the Flames, I dont even think it will be that close of a series. I think Detroit will come out and surprise the Sharks with some dominant play. Call me crazy, but Wings in 5.

your crazy lol :P

an entire career worthy of an undisputed first ballot trip to the hall, and STILL some retards show hasek no respect. especially when they're backed by evgeni "blow it every year" nabokov

go ahead. underestimate the dominator. hope, nay, pray that maybe that nickname isn't justified.

that's massive man,...great point.

If you read the Sharks Chatroom

That was your first mistake ;):P. Don't take that place seriously. A good chunk of them are just excited prepubescent children... or so it seems. Some are good though.

We did want to play you guys just because we didn't want to play Anaheim for the 20 millionth time this year and we've had more success against you. Do we think Hasek's garbage? Of course not. If he was you wouldn't be in the playoffs now would you?

Edited by reppintealtown

You, as well as LGW Chat now knows what happens when we Root for Robbie Lang!

WINGS IN 5!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!! GO LANG GO!!!

THE PAIN TRAIN'S COMIN FOR CHEECHOO!!!!!!!

AND BIG BERT'S READY TOO!

*in his The Mask impersonation* SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!

Excellent use of Caps :lol:

I agree! Don't forget Chelli's amazing short-handed snapper.

Any type of "Pain Train" on cheechoo will be answered and a price will be paid.

Actually we sharks fans hope you light that fire under their asses and watch how crazy of a team the sharks really can be, I've seen it throughout the season, it's quite a site. I wouldnt play with fire but that just me.

I don't think the Sharks have factored in the physical play the Wings have brought to the playoffs. It's not something they showedin the regular season. Everyone I talked to mentioned how much the Wings have stepped up their game. So you Shark fans, keep underestimating us...WINGS WILL TURN THE SHARKS TO GUPPIES

Too old, too slow, too small, goaltender is old......didn't we hear all this in 2002? Of course we did! Just take a look at all the small, old guys on the Wings with Stanley Cup rings. And most of them small guys have 3 rings, not just one. I give the Sharks respect except Nabokov cause he has never done anything very well against Detroit. There are alot of reporters with a strong dislike for the Red Wings that blinds them when they pick their playoff winners. Just because there are a lot of people picking the Sharks to win this series does not mean they are right. Since 1995 (minus the 04-05 lockout) we have been to at least the conf. finals 5 out of 11 times (3 Cups, 1 Cup loss) and have always been TOO OLD AND TOO SMALL!!!! Tell them Sharks to bring their A+ game, they're damn well gonna need it. GO WINGS!

an entire career worthy of an undisputed first ballot trip to the hall, and STILL some retards show hasek no respect. especially when they're backed by evgeni "blow it every year" nabokov

go ahead. underestimate the dominator. hope, nay, pray that maybe that nickname isn't justified.

Gordie Howe is a Hall of Famer, think he could help the Wings out in this series in his current condition? What Hasek did 10 years ago is not going to help the Wings one little bit...

Gordie Howe is a Hall of Famer, think he could help the Wings out in this series in his current condition? What Hasek did 10 years ago is not going to help the Wings one little bit...

this may be the epitome of stupid comments from ya pal...but I am sure there are more to come...keep striving maybe you can come up with something even more stupid...good luck!

brutus

10? He won the cup 5 years ago. He had 38 wins and 2.05 gaa this year. So in essence, I do not care about what Dom did 10 years ago or 5 years ago for that matter. The Dom we have right now does not bother me at all.

But if you want to know what he did 10 years ago, he played 67 games and won 37 of them and had a 2.27 gaa. This year as I said he had 38 wins in 56 games with a 2.05 gaa. And Samadelphia, incase you dont understand that it means that he won more games in less starts than he won in more starts 10 years ago in Buffalo.

Edited by superstarsingh