• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Williams29fan

Will the Wings Keep the Bodies Coming?

Rate this topic

The Wings did a great job laying on the body against the Flames. Hits were a huge part of this series aswell as the series a few years ago. No matter who we play next will the wings keep the hard hits coming or not? What do you think?

Yeah, I think for sure the Wings are going to keep hitting. Only way they'll stop is if the game is a blowout. The thing is, half of our guys are grinders anyhow, so the physical play won't stop because we're running 4 lines... 3, 95, 45, 23, 11, 18, 33, 17, 44, 93, 24, 96, even 13 and 37. All those guys hit non-stop... even if you don't want to count Quincy, Dats, and Sammy, that still leaves over half our team. Babcock's built a monster. It rocks. If we play like games 1,2,5, and 6, it's over for the rest of the West.

This is the key, the Wings matched Calgary physically and then some. If the Wings match teams physically they will be unstoppable. This team has so much skill and if they continue to play like monsters they will be tough for anyone to beat.

Still want us SJ fans? :angry:

The fact that EVERYBODY was laying the body on makes me think yes. Babcocks plan from game 1 has been centered around physicality. Why would he change a working system now? Babs will make sure everyone is physical.

When they interviewed him on FSN before the game, they asked Babcock what he will do to beat Calgary:

"Get after them physically, get after them physically, get after them physically"

I don't think that's going to change anytime soon. :D

Wings will continue the body for sure. I can't freakin wait until Round 2. I found out today that Buffalo/NYR starts on Wed @ 7. So I hope DET starts thursday. They need just a bit more rest.

Nooooooo I can't watch Saturday afternoon games. :(

Instead of keeping the bodies coming, the Wings could let the bodies hit the floor multiple times, like the song Bodies from Drowing Pool. :P

Let the bodies hit the floor

6x hitting the floor? Geez, that's a lot in a quick span!