• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
livediehockey80

Thoughts about Quincey

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan

It's nice to see the kid can hold his own. Wish he was more physical, but he did play smart and got the job done.

Edited by MrSandMan

I thought Quincy played extremely well, especially for going into a hostile arena like the Saddledome. I can honestly say that he didn't once make me nervous and just played smart. He'll definitely be on the Wings roster in the near future.

Quincey was fine. not that good as Lebda but he didn't look lost and made OK plays.

nothing fancy, but also no mistakes

Exactly, and that is an excellent thing. If you blend in, that means you've made zero mistakes. For him to go into that game, in a hostile arena after what happened in game 5 and show no nerves is pretty impressive. Of course you never want to go without Lebda and his speed, but it is nice to know that we have a lot of depth defensively.

Edited by Schneids_is_awesome

I thought Kyle Quincey played really well last night, and Babcock clearly has faith in him -- playing him in the overtime and whatnot.

I'd rather have Brett Lebda, obviously, but Red Wings fans should feel totally confident that they won a playoff hockey game in a hostile environment with their #7 and #8 defensemen on the ice.

Neither Lilja nor Quincey seemed out of place and both played REALLY well.

Now if only there was a way to get Hudler in the lineup without losing any players to injury...

he did his job, was smart defensively...didn't do any insane Lebda pinches..

btw... on our feed they often don't have the breaks, so you can often hear the commentators talking, just generally. In game 5 (NBC Coverage) at a break, Pierre McGuire suggested that Schneider was pissed with Lebda because of his pinching that led to a 2 on 1. Was quite funny.

i love Lebda but i think sometimes he pinches too much. Was quite refreshing to see Quincey actually play defense.

Exactly, and that is an excellent thing. If you blend in, that means you've made zero mistakes. For him to go into that game, in a hostile arena after what happened in game 5 and show no nerves is pretty impressive. Of course you never want to go without Lebda and his speed, but it is nice to know that we have a lot of depth defensively.

right. my point was just that he's not at the level of Markov and even (gosh, I can' believe the day has come to write this :) ) Pain Train.

I am perfectly aware this comes from the fact that he did not play with the team as much as others and didn't have chance to find chemistry. still, this is a valid point if you consider whom to put on the ice. if I had choice Lebda comes before Quincey as safer choice. which doesn't mean Quincey played any bad. as you said - coming to hostile environment and playing good, without making mistakes is a remarkable thing

Lebda really progressed well during the regular season, but I don't think he's been very good all post-season. Quincey played well and if Lebda can't go I have a lot of confidence in Quincey.

We as Wings fans can be VERY thankful we have the back-ups that we do at Grand Rapids. OF COURSE you don't expect to call somebody up to play like a Datsyuk, but if they can give you solid, error-free minutes in an emergency, that is an enormous asset to the team.

I thought he played very well considering the imprortance of the game, location of the game AND going into 2OT's. Nothing like being thrown into the fire in your first NHL playoff game.

Anyone know if he will be on the ice for the griffs tonight? Kinda crazy he could have 3 games in 3 days.

Edited by OsGOD

played really well. Possible to step in next year with maybe Schnider gone??? what really impressed me about quincey was his composure. Remeber when he lost his stick? he just stayed calm and started pushing guys around and cheli made a good play to help get the puck out. Im so pleased to know we got cement guys in GR like Quincey who can come up and play solid hockey!

When Quincey lost his stick twice on back to back shifts(maybe on one long shift?) I was screamin' at him to hold on to it. But he did us Griffin fans proud.

Detroit's definately going to have some young studs on D, with Quincey and Meech. WTG Griffin guys!!!!!