• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
livediehockey80

Thoughts about Quincey

Rate this topic

he did great. the reason i say great is because it was his first playoff game, went into OT, at the saddledome. I never once felt nervous when he had the puck, he made good passes. thumbs up from my end :thumbup:

still prefer lebda obviously, but this shows a bright future

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

I think Quincy looked excellent. He looked totally poised the whole time. Which is saying alot for a kid who just played his first ever NHL playoff game. Crisp passing, positionally he looked great. He far surpassed my expectations. And if Lebda misses game 1, I will look forward to seeing Quincy in there. But hopefully Lebda will be ok by then.

Kyle played very good last night. The guy has got a lot of poise. He was very smart out there, making great outlet passes, throwing his body around, giving no room for the Flames' forwards etc.. VERY impressed. He's going to be something else when he's officially in the line up. Atta boy, Quinc!

I was pretty shocked.

I'm not doubting Quincey will probably eventually be a regular in the NHL in a few seasons either with the Wings or somewhere else, he has to be solid to be playing at the top minor league level and some NHL experience currently, but consider the circumstances...

He's still very young with extremely limited NHL experience, he played the night before in a playoff atmosphere as well. Being young probably makes it a bit easier to recharge the body batteries a bit, but he played on the road in an extremely racuous crowd in Calgary immediately after.

And he didn't miss a beat. I was seriously impressed given the circumstances and I'm content in knowing that the Wings should have a reliable 7th d-man more often than not when Qunicey will be needed.

Even though he really didn't have a ton of ice time last night, IMO he was pretty solid. He didn't over play the puck or look rushed. A very solid effort from a rookie with virtually NO NHL game experience. I can't wait to see him develop a little more. Hopefully his development will not continue indefinitely in the 2nd round. :)