• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiei

Welcome to LGW, San Jose Sharks fans

Rate this topic

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate that you guys actually welcome hockey dialogue with opposing fans. If you've been over to TheFeeder, I hope you've felt just as welcomed there.

Great to hear that there are alot of Wings fans who also like the Sharks. Sorry, but I just can't reciprocate the love. Just being honest. I've always rooted against the Wings, and I can't change that just because you all seem like reasonable people.

Couple of reasons for my Wing-hate: 1) My roomate in college was a huge Wings fan, and pretty much turned our apartment into a winged-wheel shrine. To this day I still won't buy a red shirt because it reminds me too much of his rabid obsession. We no longer talk.

2) Have a bad year, please? The Wings are good every fricken season; it's a downright dynasty and I'm not cool with that. I really thought the salary cap would help, and this was "supposed to be" a rebuilding/retooling year for Detroit, or at least the rest of the league thought.... and the Wings go ahead and finish with the number 1 seeding in the West. Nice rebuilding year.

At any rate, while I'll never bring myself to like the Wings, how can you not respect a team with the tradition and class that Detroit has displayed since day one of their existence. I can't profess to like your your team, but I truly envy you as Wings fans. You have one of the best organizations in all of sports.

BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I usually cheer against the Yankees, the Lakers, and Tiger Woods as well, so you're in good company. ;)

You guys have sent a bunch of nice posters to thefeeder.com so I had to come over and spread the post count out a bit.

I anticipate a great, and long, series. Watching the Wings/Flames series, I was impressed to see your depth. I didn't realize you could roll four lines like that. I loved watching Cleary clean Phanuef's clock. :D Both goalies are playing well, both teams are tough (survived a 1st round against some nasty goonery) but skilled. The Wings have an edge in the D department with all that experience, but that could possibly bite both ways and the Sharks' youngsters are pretty good. The Sharks edge is probably the size of their forwards. No real clear superiority either way, but we should see some good hockey. Good luck and Game On!

Welcome to all sharks fans. I'm sure they'll be some great hockey to discuss this series.

however, there is and always will be some really stupid, outspoken total idiots who call themselves Wings fans on thhis board.

Our mods do a great job of policing a lot of the BS, but still it shows itself.

Please don't hold some of their posts against us. We take a great deal of pride in being knowledgeable and dedicated, but gracious people. Those posts make us all look bad.

Again welcome, and here's to a great series.

Thanks for the Thanks, SJ Fans.

This series should be monumental.

And if you don't finish them, Dom will tell you how to do your TPS Reports, it's even on HIS stick too!

I'm a hockey fan first and a Sharks fan second, so this seriesis everything I could hope for - because if you like hockey, you have to like the Red Wings. It's one of the few legacy teams that seems to have an actual legacy, and where hockey's been something the fans have cared about for many generations. It makes the team something special, unlike, say, Philly, where their legacy is about the only thing they have going for them.

But I like the Sharks, and not just because they're the local team. They play a great brand of hockey, and when they're at their best they can beat any team in the league. The downside is they're damn streaky, and are just as likely to flush away a 2 goal lead at the first sign of pressure as they are to fight back from being down by 3.

I hope the Sharks win, and think that if they play their very best they have a good chance of pulling it off. I don't think either team is in this series yet, though, and I'm disappointed that Holmstrom's not playing. It's to the Shark's advantage, and if they can win the 2 at home before he's back they'll be in good position to get the 4th, but it might still be a 7 game series. And they're notorious for not finishing off games or series. Still, I'd rather see them rise to the occasion of playing the wings at their best. Because that would be some great damn hockey.

I got into hockey when I was a kid, playing from age 7 to about 12. I was on teams with and against the Konawalchuck brothers, both of whom had brief NHL careers. I stopped watching the game for a long while, but caught some of the 2003 Stanley Cup Finals and was back into it. Now here I am.

Here's to a great best of 5 - I'm looking forward to it. And thanks for having such a great forum!