• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Saran

2007 Photoshop War: Red Wings vs Sharks

Rate this topic

O.K photoshoppers, absolutley butcher this pic! :lol:IPB Image

Hey! Be nice. I’ve met this guy and he is really nice. It’s an amazing paint job that takes hours to complete. Very striking to see in person. His wife/gf is a graphic artist, I believe, and does all the art for him. He’s a pretty dedicated fan. More pics of him:

Front View

Side View

Excellent.

I have to see the Sharks page and see what they have on us.

Apparently nothing. Hmm...

Hey, hey, hey – give us time. We didn’t know that a cross-board war photoshop war was afoot. astrodoggie came on board to The Feeder and opened a Sharks/Wings Graphics thread at 4:00 this afternoon, but until that time, I don’t think we’ve ever had a photoshop battle on our board before. Give us a few days to throw some thing together before you judge too harshly.

And on that note…

Here is my contribution to that thread…

IPB Image

In terms of Photoshopping Skills - no doubt about it - You guys got us beat!

This little Video is symbolic of how I think the series between us will go.

You'll put up a Fight. You'll be difficult to deal with but in the end....You Will Go Down. :P

While I love the "Jump the Shark" reference and the Fonz, I have one problem with this one.

Yes, the Fonz in a Wings jersey is jumping over a shark. He conquers the shark, so that's great. But, "Jumping the Shark" is a term used when a show has run its course, has no more ideas, and it's about to end. I hope the negative connotation of this pic doesn't apply to our Wings.

"Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy"

I thought of that last night, but I wanted to use an actual picture of a waterskier and not the pic of the fonz. I was going to put a sharks jersey on the waterskier, though. Because of the meaning of the term, i wanted to show the sharks playoff run has peaked and was going to go downhill and end in this round.

I might use this one for my background.

Thanks :D I posted higher resolutions in one of the round 2 wallpaper threads that popped up after i originally posted that.

anyone? anyone? how to post a pic?

Nobody? Everybody working on their novel? Creating intersting storylines and plot twists? hmmm? how's that working out for you? Help!

Edited by PhillyWingsFan

How do you post a picture?...sorry, new to the scene.

Register on photobucket.com or imageshack.com (I use photobucket), then upload the pics to your album. When you look at your picture, it will tell you the link to it. Copy the link with Edit -> Copy. When you go to post your picture here, click on the green tree icon above the text box. It will ask you for the link and you just paste it in there. You can preview your post to make sure it worked. :thumbup:

Hey! Be nice. I’ve met this guy and he is really nice. It’s an amazing paint job that takes hours to complete. Very striking to see in person. His wife/gf is a graphic artist, I believe, and does all the art for him. He’s a pretty dedicated fan. More pics of him:

Front View

Side View

Hey, hey, hey – give us time. We didn’t know that a cross-board war photoshop war was afoot. astrodoggie came on board to The Feeder and opened a Sharks/Wings Graphics thread at 4:00 this afternoon, but until that time, I don’t think we’ve ever had a photoshop battle on our board before. Give us a few days to throw some thing together before you judge too harshly.

And on that note…

Here is my contribution to that thread…

(clipped out because it's so damn annoying when people quote pictures into threads over and over again)

Ahhh, so you're the one we were told of? I little bird came here earlier and mentioned a knowledgeable lady shark who supplies timely links... :thumbup: Well stick around, regardless of how the series turns out! We need a more varied crowd around here :)

That facepainter just makes me with the NHL had the same type of fan recognition program that the NFL has. They really give the superfans their due in the NFL, and those people only have to show up for like 10 games. Our superfans show up for waaaaaaayyyy more.

And honestly, the fan recognition is beneficial to the NFL because it only encourages fans, right? And isn't the whole devoted fan base thing the NHL's biggest strength? Well fostering the growth of casual fans into superfans can only help improve the NHL's foothold in the US...

I had an idea for one using the "Ghostbusters" theme with the title "Sharkbusters", but I'm so not creative. Is there anyone who can run with that one?

By the by, love the Shark Whisperer!

Edited by Kira

Ahhh, so you're the one we were told of? I little bird came here earlier and mentioned a knowledgeable lady shark who supplies timely links... :thumbup: Well stick around, regardless of how the series turns out! We need a more varied crowd around here :)

No, I am not the one about whom you've been told. That would be the lovely and talented Lady Stanley. Come to the Feeder and check out her many "articles" threads. She culls the web for all newspaper/blog/website articles pertaining to the Sharks and/or this upcoming series between our two fine teams and then posts links to each one. You can find dozens of links per post in the daily threads. It's one-stop-shopping for all your hockey news.

Me? I'm just a loudmouth troublemaker at the Feeder.... ;)

EDIT: David -- that video almost made me go all sqwicky :puke: & Rep -- good job!!!

Edited by FabHckyBbe

Hey! Be nice. I̢۪ve met this guy and he is really nice. It̢۪s an amazing paint job that takes hours to complete. Very striking to see in person. His wife/gf is a graphic artist, I believe, and does all the art for him. He̢۪s a pretty dedicated fan. More pics of him:

Front View

Side View

That must be San Jose's version of Mo' Cheese...

He doesn't paint himself like that 82+ times a year does he? I would probably stab him if I had season tickets behind him :lol: Much like I probably would if I had season tickets behind Mo' Cheese

but I must give a big :thumbup: to the artist...

Edited by Elshupacabra

I had an idea for one using the "Ghostbusters" theme with the title "Sharkbusters", but I'm so not creative. Is there anyone who can run with that one?

By the by, love the Shark Whisperer!

Thanks for the idea. I like getting helpful suggestions. :D

IPB Image