• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Packer487

Convince me why I shouldn't be dreading this series....

Rate this topic

Sharks are a far better team....Grinding, hitting forwards, Goaltending..Thought the Flames were hard on the wings

Just Wait....(Checking and hitting and so called dirty play), just wait for the Sharks physical play

Its going to be a tough series for the WIngs

Sharks in 5

The Wings were harder on the Flames than the Flames were on the Wings.

Wrong again. I have never argued that the Wings CAN'T win the series. I have argued that they WON"T win the series. Big difference.

You sir!, are proving yourself to be extreamly over confident, and I hope and pray that your team and you fall flat on your face's , so we can all laugh , point and generally make fun of you. :P good day. :)

I want one of these...

IPB Image

As for dreading this series, I would say stay out of the penalty box. Even though the Sharks were a pathetic 2-20 or something on power plays against Nashville, the constant parade to the box disrupted their game and they never really got into the groove. I hate to bring up that 8 goal game against Hasek, but I think there were 5-6 PP goals that game.

I should also point out the "curse of the Joe" for SJ, as that win in the Joe was the first win we had there in like... years I think.

This is all very exciting, and I will now use alcohol to remedy this condition. OTT/NJ in 30 minutes.... then the big shoe.

Enjoy everyone!!!!!

Well now you can dread all you want! The dreading is official and spreading.

Not to lowball the SHarks efforts tonight, BUT....

we were greatly outshot and pretty much useless in the 2nd and 3rd period, and our goalie was the player of the game. Lots of hockey left!!!

Except not really.

Let me give you my "game recap" recap , since it got deleted earlier...

They got two by us while the old men were sleeping back there and then they turned into un inpenetrable fortress that made us look futile most of the game.What's not to dread about that?

San Jose put the clamp on. Boring, yes, but it worked.

The difference is, they can strike on offense quickly and effectively, much like last night.

Detroit skated well, but didn't play their game and was kept to the outside. Nabby is a great goalie, but is smaller and has to play angles, so Detroit is going to have to try get behind him with some passes or bankshots off of the backboards.

The difference is, they can strike on offense quickly and effectively, much like last night.

Detroit skated well, but didn't play their game and was kept to the outside. Nabby is a great goalie, but is smaller and has to play angles, so Detroit is going to have to try get behind him with some passes or bankshots off of the backboards.

That's the key. The Wings got a lot more shots, but most of them were ineffective shots from bad angles or the point. And, as the Sharks showed last night, they block shots well enough to not fear the opposition scoring from the point with any sort of regularity...

And by clamp, I believe you mean "genital cuff." The Sharks had the Wings by the balls last night. And if they don't start making better passes to open players with SHOOTING LANES and cross crease passes on the PP, then SJ can score a goal and sit back for 3 more games.

And by clamp, I believe you mean "genital cuff." The Sharks had the Wings by the balls last night. And if they don't start making better passes to open players with SHOOTING LANES and cross crease passes on the PP, then SJ can score a goal and sit back for 3 more games.

I thought the Sharks game plan against Red Wing tendencies caught Detroit by surprise in a few areas.

1. The Sharks players noted after the game that the Wings point men take a lot of shots, hence the pattern of blocking shots on the Detroit PP prone on the ice. The Sharks don't usually block many shots that way.

2. The Wings like to bring the puck up the middle of the ice so the Sharks were pushing everything to the outside. The Sharks weren't quicker to the puck but they were in position to disrupt Wings' rushes and passes.

3. On the Sharks PP, I expected the Wings to take a page from the Predator series. The Preds were aggressive in denying entry into the zone and, once the PP was set up, pressing the puck handler. Playing passive against the Sharks PP is playing to the Sharks strength.

All of these tactics can be countered. I expect the Wings to make the necessary adjustments by the next game.

The Sharks edge in size was a factor last night. Playing physical for the Sharks does not mean big hits like Calgary or chippy like Nashville. The Sharks are strong on the puck. The Grier goal is a classic example. Grier forechecked hard forcing a rushed outlet pass which Rismiller stepped in to intercept. He, in turn, passed to Brown who passed to Grier. Grier fired a shot on goal with the defender on him. All three Sharks were marked but were strong enough to complete the play.

That's the key. The Wings got a lot more shots, but most of them were ineffective shots from bad angles or the point. And, as the Sharks showed last night, they block shots well enough to not fear the opposition scoring from the point with any sort of regularity...

All that is true...and it freaking sucks because it totally reminds me of playing Edmonton last year. They did all the same things to us.

I honestly didn't think Nabakov was capable of making all the saves he did. We should have had the lead before SJ ever scored but he was playing his ass off.

All that is true...and it freaking sucks because it totally reminds me of playing Edmonton last year. They did all the same things to us.

I honestly didn't think Nabakov was capable of making all the saves he did. We should have had the lead before SJ ever scored but he was playing his ass off.

and no one thought that Roloson could make those stops too.

Not sure why all the Wings fans dismiss Nabokov so easily. He's a former Calder winner who took a pre-Thornton Sharks team to the 6th game of the WCF a few years back. He was injured last year and is finally fully recovered.

Expect more of the same.

Sharks in 5...

Not sure why all the Wings fans dismiss Nabokov so easily. He's a former Calder winner who took a pre-Thornton Sharks team to the 6th game of the WCF a few years back. He was injured last year and is finally fully recovered.

Expect more of the same.

Sharks in 5...

The guy is solid but not on the level of a team-killing threat. He doesn't have anything intimidating in that area about him. Or any area, really.

What the Sharks have going for them is their defense. Nabokov already figured that if the Wings had picked up their momentum it would have been different: two quick goals were what saved the day and worked to deflate the home bench. That was it.

Detroit will take this.

i myself think i over-reacted a bit too much last night.

but the Wings just simply played flat.

tomorrow tho, NEEDS to be a different story, and a Red Wings win.

ps. if/when san jose gets a lead in any game, how in the world is detroit going to break their trap?

Please stop comparing this to the Edmonton series. This is a different Wings team. The Wings team against the Oilers didn't drive to to the net, didn't forecheck, didn't play physical, and didn't get good goaltending. Whole different story this time around. The Wings played a poor game last night. Not awful, but nowhere near good or how they are capable of playing.You'll see a different Wings team out there tomorrow.

Please stop comparing this to the Edmonton series. This is a different Wings team. The Wings team against the Oilers didn't drive to to the net, didn't forecheck, didn't play physical, and didn't get good goaltending. Whole different story this time around. The Wings played a poor game last night. Not awful, but nowhere near good or how they are capable of playing.You'll see a different Wings team out there tomorrow.

Lets hope so. Because outside of goaltending, last nights team looked exactly like the one in the Oilers series.

What Hockeycrazy said. Big ups, Reem! The squad is definitely different this year.

I think you need a reality CZECH <insert: Milan Michalek>

sorry couldnt help it ;P im a dork!!!! wont happen again lol!

Our resident Czechoslovakian will ensure this! Robert Lang disbelieves in prisoners and does not deal in peace treaties.

He only murders goaltenders with deceptive wristshots in clutch games. And we are talking deceptive in the absolute breaking point of the word :sly:

:clap: Too true Reem. :thumbup: different season, different team. Alot of people seem to forget that.

Expect more of the same.

Sharks in 5...

Your 5 game prediction is in trouble, Sam.

Evidently Wilson is going to put Bell back in the lineup. :o