• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

Viewing - Time to suck it up!

Rate this topic

Well fellow fans, this series is on the West Coast, and the next one as well if the Red Wings are able to get past a solid Sharks team.

Which means, for many of us, the inconvenience of late night road games. Even for people like me who live in the central time zone. It's pretty hard to keep the batteries running trying to watch an entire late game despite starting "early" at 9:00pm when I wake up so early in the morning.

That being said, do whatever it takes to stay awake to watch everything...coffee, goofy exercise, walking around the house, going out to watch the game if bars/restaurants are still open, whatever else. Don't do what I did after the first OT in the game 6 clincher...I got too comfortable on my sofa, temporarily fell asleep right before 2 OT started, and woke up right after Franzen scored and the celebrating began. :lol:

Go Wings! :beerbuddy:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Do yourself a favor - get a DVR! It's one of the best investments I ever made!

Either that or take a nap in the afternoon.

True dat.

The only positive thing about west coast trips is that, silly as it seems, it makes me feel even more like a hockey fan because I have to experience some pain - kinda like the Wings - in order to see this thing through. Granted, it's not the same as getting cross checked into the boards or anything, but the whole lack of sleep and higher stress level of western trips makes it all feel more real to me.

this is another reason why i wanted to play the stars!

games 3, 4 and 6 against the flames didn't end til 6am. i have been falling asleep in the middle of the day far too often over the last week.

you US guys think it's bad for you?

a 10PM ET start is 3AM here...

there's no way i can stay awake to listen. I have enough trouble with the 7:00's...

thats why i love the weekend games...nice and early

True dat.

The only positive thing about west coast trips is that, silly as it seems, it makes me feel even more like a hockey fan because I have to experience some pain - kinda like the Wings - in order to see this thing through. Granted, it's not the same as getting cross checked into the boards or anything, but the whole lack of sleep and higher stress level of western trips makes it all feel more real to me.

I feel the same way. You drag you ass into work and plop down at your desk and someone says, "Wow! What's wrong with you? Late night?" And right before you tell them to stop talking so ******* loud, you look up and say "I'm a Wings fan, and Franzen is awesome." with a smile on your face and bright, red eyes.

you US guys think it's bad for you?

a 10PM ET start is 3AM here...

there's no way i can stay awake to listen. I have enough trouble with the 7:00's...

thats why i love the weekend games...nice and early

Agreed. For me 10PM ET is 4AM :scared: . But I can't help myself, I stay up anyway.

We need to finish the Sharks off, fast - in four would be nice! I am leaving town for a week, going to - of all places - California, on May 5. So, it would make me happy to have the 2nd round over before Saturday, and know the Wings are moving on.

Yes, I know that won't happen. But I can hope, right?? :thumbup:

Part of being a fan.

It didn't used to be. *thinks longingly about the Eastern Conference days*

I'm getting too old for this. The game ending at 1am is bad enough. The real problem begins when you can't fall asleep for another hour or two because you're too geeked to sleep. I'll still suck it up, though. Maybe invest in a cappucino machine for work to keep the caffeine buzz going all day long.

this is another reason why i wanted to play the stars!

games 3, 4 and 6 against the flames didn't end til 6am. i have been falling asleep in the middle of the day far too often over the last week.

same here. and I live another time zone to the east :(

We need to finish the Sharks off, fast - in four would be nice! I am leaving town for a week, going to - of all places - California, on May 5. So, it would make me happy to have the 2nd round over before Saturday, and know the Wings are moving on.

Yes, I know that won't happen. But I can hope, right?? :thumbup:

I'm sure Lang is saying that too!!! :crazy:

What really sucks if the Wings beat San Jose...they have to play another Pacific time team in either Anaheim or Vancouver.

Can't win. If the Wings make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, it will be so great to watch a game end BEFORE 10:00 p.m. on a work night. God help us if a 10:00 p.m. game in San Jose goes into double or triple overtime.

For revenge purposes, the league should start Red Wings home games at 11:00 a.m. on weekends so the Sharks/Ducks/Canucks fans have to get their asses out of bed by the 8:00 a.m. for opening face-off.

Muuah...hah hah hah hah. Hmmmm...coffee, bagel, eggs and hockey; nothing like it.

It didn't used to be. *thinks longingly about the Eastern Conference days*

I'm getting too old for this. The game ending at 1am is bad enough. The real problem begins when you can't fall asleep for another hour or two because you're too geeked to sleep. I'll still suck it up, though. Maybe invest in a cappucino machine for work to keep the caffeine buzz going all day long.

C'mon v16, you're not that old. Monster Energy Drink in the morning works for me. :sly:

Don't do what I did after the first OT in the game 6 clincher...I got too comfortable on my sofa, temporarily fell asleep right before 2 OT started, and woke up right after Franzen scored and the celebrating began. :lol:

Go Wings! :beerbuddy:

LOL I did the same thing, fortunately I woke in time for the replay

i set my alarm last night so i could wake up to listen to the Canucks game at 2am...

lasted till the anthems and then i was sound asleep...

woke up again 1/2 way through the 2nd and then just gave up...

Do yourself a favor - get a DVR! It's one of the best investments I ever made!

Either that or take a nap in the afternoon.

For real about the DVR...Changes your life! But, sadly, I can't DVR a late game to watch the next day, because there is no way I could avoid the media the next day without finding out the results of the game. Hence, I must stay up and watch the game live (or at least the DVR way of live by buffering up for an hour to get through the comercials)...GO WINGS!

I am also getting too old for it! The real problem is that I'm a stay-at-home mom so my kids suffer the ill effects of my late-night-Wings-watching instead of just desk work or something getting neglected. And my 8 year old wonders why I make her take a nap, lol! :D

For revenge purposes, the league should start Red Wings home games at 11:00 a.m. on weekends so the Sharks/Ducks/Canucks fans have to get their asses out of bed by the 8:00 a.m. for opening face-off.

Muuah...hah hah hah hah. Hmmmm...coffee, bagel, eggs and hockey; nothing like it.

I've been thinking along those lines for years! Brilliant idea!! (ok, not so brilliant due to tv coverage, but still...)

What really sucks if the Wings beat San Jose...they have to play another Pacific time team in either Anaheim or Vancouver.

Can't win. If the Wings make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, it will be so great to watch a game end BEFORE 10:00 p.m. on a work night. God help us if a 10:00 p.m. game in San Jose goes into double or triple overtime.

eek... :crazy: The Wings sometimes have trouble with early games