officially the underdog this round despite being the 1 seed? <_<

I know its ESPN, but i think we're officially the underdog now,

Wings/Sharks - 6-0 Sharks

Sens/Devils - 4-2 Sens

Ducks/Van- 6-0 Ducks

Buf/Rangers - 5-1 Sabres

What else is new? :rolleyes:

?????? Last i checked the same jerkoffs picked Calgary over Detroit lol. They can't see the future and i doubt the Wings lose to the Sharks. I have said that Kipper was the best goalie in the playoffs and we scored big at home on him so i don't see us having a problem with anyone esle if we play like we did against Calgary

?????? Last i checked the same jerkoffs picked Calgary over Detroit lol. They can't see the future and i doubt the Wings lose to the Sharks. I have said that Kipper was the best goalie in the playoffs and we scored big at home on him so i don't see us having a problem with anyone esle if we play like we did against Calgary

Actually, of the "same jerkoffs", only two of them picked the Flames.

I know its ESPN, but i think we're officially the underdog now,

Wings/Sharks - 6-0 Sharks

Sens/Devils - 4-2 Sens

Ducks/Van- 6-0 Ducks

Buf/Rangers - 5-1 Sabres

Like Draper said, seeds in the Western Conference mean nothing. The Sharks had only 6 points less than the Wings and they were in a much stronger division. Switch teams and the Wings are probably the 5th seed.

For me, I'll wait for the real expert to pick - Maggie the Monkey.

Like Draper said, seeds in the Western Conference mean nothing. The Sharks had only 6 points less than the Wings and they were in a much stronger division. Switch teams and the Wings are probably the 5th seed.

For me, I'll wait for the real expert to pick - Maggie the Monkey.

Divisions don't mean anything. On any given night, any team in the NHL can take down the best ranked team. Conversely, if the Sharks lose Thorton or Marleau in the 1st period with a broken orbital bone after a puck in the face, all this guess work goes down the pipes.

Detroit is the ONLY team in the NHL with less than 20 losses. That's good enough for me to believe that they won't lose 4 games of 7. :)

From what I'm reading, some of you are roughly equating the Sharks to the Flames...and calling other people idiots...

agreed, i still think the wings can pull this off, but i am not feeling overly confident of beating SJ just cause they dont have kipper in net

Actually, of the "same jerkoffs", only two of them picked the Flames.

Yes, but why let a silly little thing like "facts" get in the way of some good ESPN bashing.

In the first round for the ESPN talking heads, Bucci and Linda Cohn were the best, picking 7/8. They just got Ottawa/Pitt wrong.

Who cares what they say! There is only one hockey mind who's opinion counts:

KARA YORIO!

(aka Kara Yo-Yo)

I am saying this not because I am a sexist who has a problem with women talking about hockey, but because she is a ding dong!

Maggie blew it big time this year and she might be cold with her fantasy league :D I'm not gonna look at her predictions this year. maybe next time.

as for ESPN picks - I'd pick Sharks myself here, too. although, I don't think a 7 game series is likely to favor Sharks here. we're more experienced and would play this game at Joe, which to me translates into clear advantage. so I'd say Sharks in 6 or Wings in 7 if ever.

anyway... on paper they are better than us. but I like our chances anyway. Hasek is very much underrated by the rest of the league, and the fact that Wings have multiple Cup-winners and huge playoff experience is also forgotten by many analysts. now this is something that gives us a chance. plus, we are a hungry team this year. Wings look poised to win something. I'm not trying to disregard Sharks eagerness but the last poised Red Wings teams with 4 good scoring lines and good goaltending were all Cup winners :)

if i remember correctly ESPN said that the wings would not even make it to the playoffs this year. they are all a bunch of jerkoffs. they still believe that stats matter come playoff time.

if i remember correctly ESPN said that the wings would not even make it to the playoffs this year. they are all a bunch of jerkoffs. they still believe that stats matter come playoff time.

While everything from the start of the season is Insider only, I have a hard time believing that.

And if I remember correctly, ESPN wasn't the only one thinking that. In fact a lot of people around here were guilty of the same miscalculation. God forbid they criticize the Almighty RED WINGS. Jerkoffs.

Maggie blew it big time this year and she might be cold with her fantasy league :D I'm not gonna look at her predictions this year. maybe next time.

as for ESPN picks - I'd pick Sharks myself here, too. although, I don't think a 7 game series is likely to favor Sharks here. we're more experienced and would play this game at Joe, which to me translates into clear advantage. so I'd say Sharks in 6 or Wings in 7 if ever.

anyway... on paper they are better than us. but I like our chances anyway. Hasek is very much underrated by the rest of the league, and the fact that Wings have multiple Cup-winners and huge playoff experience is also forgotten by many analysts. now this is something that gives us a chance. plus, we are a hungry team this year. Wings look poised to win something. I'm not trying to disregard Sharks eagerness but the last poised Red Wings teams with 4 good scoring lines and good goaltending were all Cup winners :)

They are not better on paper. If anything, they are equal or less than the Wings. They had the same goals against and only 4 more goals for. Their defense has zero big names and their offense is sloppy in their own zone (from watching the Preds series). If they bring the game they brought in the first round with their "B" at best goalie, they are looking at a 5 game series MAX.

They are better off rolling 3 mediocre lines instead of the 2 power lines they rolled against Trashville and hoping for the Wings to get into penalty trouble like they did in the regular season. Then they can send out their 2 power lines as PP and then maybe catch the Wings on the PK. But how many times will the Wings be in the box when they know it was their downfall during the season?

The Wings ran into penalty trouble against the Flames because they were forced to bring the game to Kipper and needed to be physical to get past the Flames D. Now that the Sharks are going to bring the game to the Wings, Detroit will have less physical play to contend with getting to Nabokov and will benfit with San Jose taking lots of penalties in a tightly called play-offs.