• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

Kronwall Update

Rate this topic

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../704250356/1128

Towards the bottom...

Hip healing

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall (hip) is getting closer to returning.

Kronwall, who was injured March 30, could play in the conference finals or Stanley Cup Finals.

"Our goal here is to play long enough so he can play this year," Babcock said.

I'm not so sure that would be a positive thing, defense seems to be working well already with the pain train at full steam ahead.

Don't get me wrong, it's great if he can be available, but I think we can get along without him just fine.

Edited by Bender

I'm probably never going to hear the end of it for saying this, but Lilja looked pretty good during the flames series. He played tough, smart, and used his size like I have never seen before. I wouldn't rush Kronwall back too fast and risk a more serious injury. Lilja has gotten the job done.

I'm probably never going to hear the end of it for saying this, but Lilja looked pretty good during the flames series. He played tough, smart, and used his size like I have never seen before. I wouldn't rush Kronwall back too fast and risk a more serious injury. Lilja has gotten the job done.

No, no. You're right. He's been playing good through the p/o's. I don't think too many people would argue that. He's a different player from last playoffs. Heck, from regualr season. Maybe sitting out for a good chunk of the season lit a fire under his @$$! I say keep things like they are. If it ain't broke, don't fiix. it. Ok, maybe drop Sammy if we need to, no problems there.

I agree Lillypads looked pretty good against Calgary, I would still rather have Kronner though

Leave him out. We are fine now. No need to even look ahead that far. Should we get there though, I dont think he should play. We are doing fine defensively. I would rather have him on the point on the pp over Samuelsson though.

I just don't see Kronwall coming back that soon. Yes, his injury may be fully healed by then, but that would also leave him at about 2 months without any game action, and who knows how much skating he will be able to do on his own before practicing with the team. I just can't see him being ready before the Cup Finals. He maybe healthy for the Confrence Finals, but not in shape.

I agree with whomever posted that Lilja was good last series. I'll take that a step further, I think he was our most consistant player in the series. Yes Cleary had a great series. But every shift Lilja was solid. I am very impressed with his play. I think he has earned more ice time, and with the uncertianty of Lebda, I think Lilja will get an opportunity to prove his worth.

Let's hear it for The Pain Train!!

Would he even get his spot back?

You can't sit Lilja because he was awesome against the Flames, especially in Game 6.

I can't actually see him get back in the team, There's no way that they can sit Lilja or Lebda the way they've been playing, and the rest of the guy's are a lock. Quincey had a great game the other night too.

The only way I could see him getting his job back for sure is if Lebda's still out and Quincey is playing. Quincey looked alright in there, but he just can't log the minutes at this point that Kronwall can. Kronner being back would be a huge help to Lids, Cheli, Matt, and Dany. On top of that, we can take Sammy off of the point on the powerplay, because Kronwall can move the puck there.

as far as i know lilja isnt that fast of a skate , trust me you guys will miss kronwall this in this series cause the sharks players will have no problems going around lilja , as good as he'd played round 1 id much rather have kronwall , he's one of our top prospects guys , he's a much better player overall then lilja

as far as i know lilja isnt that fast of a skate , trust me you guys will miss kronwall this in this series cause the sharks players will have no problems going around lilja , as good as he'd played round 1 id much rather have kronwall , he's one of our top prospects guys , he's a much better player overall then lilja

Lilja isn't that slow, Calgary is just as fast as a team, as San Jose is. Lilja will do just fine. Playing d isn't all about speed, look at Nick, he doesn't exactly have Pavel Bure speed, but he does ok.

You can't take the risk of waiting for Kronwall to get back into playing shape. Not unless you're up in the series 3-0.

Why play someone who's not in game shape, who wasn't exactly reliable to begin with, and at the expense of others who have showed they know what it takes to win games in the playoffs?