• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bcroz

Holmstrom OUT for Game 1

Rate this topic

I don't mind Homer sitting a game. I'd rather see him sit one out, then play and not be effective. Hopefully Babs will move Bert up with Hank and Pav, I really like the idea of a guy with Homers tenacity, that can also move the puck with those guys, while still commanding respect from the opposition. Having Bert out there with the Eurotwins should reduce the amount of cheap shots they will get from the Sharks.

But we need Homer, so get a haffie, and play game 2 regardless!

it's good that his eye injury is not as bad as yzermans was years ago. It's good homer is getting the night off, he needs time to recover. plus when he come back on the ice he will more rested and more ready abel to play. GET BETTER SOON HOMER!!

I don't know about Bert on the top line, I think Franzen is a better fit. In the games I've seen Bert doesn't seem to like to park in front of the goalie as much but just kind of skate by ... that'll just get in Hank and Pavel's way. Plus he hasn't struck me as a great passer, a lot of blind passes that result in turnovers, and our top line more than any other really relies on puck possession to give time for the twins to work their magic. Franzen on the other hand brings a similar physical presence, more hustle, more likely to scrum in the corners to keep pucks, and more willing to park in front of the net, and can pass the puck. Plus without Bert on the second line SJ can focus on shutting down the top line more.

Hopefully he is healthy enough for Game 2. I wonder if he'll be wearing a visor.

It'll be interesting to see how the lines get juggled too.

I wonder if Kopecky will make an appearance. Apparently, he was skating on the top line with calder and datsyuk in practice.

From KK:

Bruce MacLeod at the Macomb Daily Blog posted this just a few mins ago:

First full-line drill Wednesday has these line combinations ...

EVEN STRENGTH

Calder-Datsyuk-Kopecky

Franzen-Lang-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Lidstrom-Markov

Schneider-Lilja

Quincey-Chelios

Keep in mind that Zetterberg isn’t on the ice, but is slated to play Thursday, which would obviously bump Kopecky off the top line.

Interesting.

I don't know about Bert on the top line, I think Franzen is a better fit. In the games I've seen Bert doesn't seem to like to park in front of the goalie as much but just kind of skate by ... that'll just get in Hank and Pavel's way. Plus he hasn't struck me as a great passer, a lot of blind passes that result in turnovers, and our top line more than any other really relies on puck possession to give time for the twins to work their magic. Franzen on the other hand brings a similar physical presence, more hustle, more likely to scrum in the corners to keep pucks, and more willing to park in front of the net, and can pass the puck. Plus without Bert on the second line SJ can focus on shutting down the top line more.

I hope that Franzen gets his chance too.Keep Bert on the second line too spread the scoring. Put Calder back in and give him some descent TOI on a good line instead of playing him with Sammy and Langer.

Guest LivingtheDream

The only upside to this is it is a chance to try new line combos with Hank and Pavel. Franzen seems obvious, but won't that hurt Lang's line? Same with Bert. Now we all know Pavel and Hank need some grit to help them out, so why the heck not try Cleary? I don't know why this isn't the best choice here. Am I on crack?

I don't think they'll mess with that second line after getting them guys going. It seems like a great fit for now, I'd leave it alone. Don't be surprised if everyone's new favorite whipping boy Sammy sees some time with the first line. I think it'd be awesome if Kopecky could get in sometime til Homer's back.

I was just thinking, if Bert doesn't get the spot on the top line, who'd be good?

Frazen could suffice, but how about Cleary? He has been playing very well, and boy is he HOT. He can crash the net, and protect the twins.

Cleary could be interesting, but he seems to be clicking with Malts and Drapes ... what about Calder? Maybe some time with the twins would get him going again too?

Edited by lets go pavel

Z-Dats-Flip/Sammy

Franzen-Lang-Bert

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Hudler-Flip/Sammy-Calder

Unfortunately Sammy will probably go to the 1st Line, since Filp is needed to center the 4th Line.

I wouldn't mind Calder heading to the 1st with Sammy dropping to the 4th.

Z-Dats-Flip/Sammy

Franzen-Lang-Bert

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Hudler-Flip/Sammy-Calder

Unfortunately Sammy will probably go to the 1st Line, since Filp is needed to center the 4th Line.

Calder practiced on the 1st line today, so he'll in all likely hood play there.

I read somewhere on LGW that it was Kopecky skating with Hank and Pav in practice. Rex should take the place of Homer in the lineup, I don't like Sammy with the eurotwins. He shoots too much, I think it would hamper their flow.

Putting Calder with the twins wouldn't be a bad idea to get him going, he could provide the same protection for them that Cleary could.

There is also the option of splitting them up for a game. I'm not in favor of this, but it would create hell in matchups for Ronnie Wilson.

Awe shucks! Homer's got the big butt to block the goalie. I still believe the Wings can win though. It jsut won't be as entertaining. :P