• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bcroz

Holmstrom OUT for Game 1

Rate this topic

as mentioned before i believe the stick hit him at an angle where the visor wouldnt have helped...

Had Homer been wearing a visor, he'd be retired right now.

The visor would have caused Conroy's stick to stay in the vicinity of Homer's eye, and with Homer moving away from Conroy, likely would have caused a much more severe injury.

There are only two options--full shield or no shield. If you want facial protection, go with the full shield because it makes no sense to only protect part of your face from some angles. If your goal is to protect your face/eyes, do it from all angles. Otherwise, avoid the pitfalls of the visor which can be MORE dangerous than not wearing a shield.

Well i was hoping he would be in for game 1 but oh well.. Looks like Mule and bert will have to step it up infront of the net

crap, does that mean homer, and calder in front of the net are gone? oh well bert will do the trick till theyre back.

hope homer is careful with pucks flying around his head when he gets back in his office in front of the net.

hope noone takes a cheap shot and sticks him in the head again, or gives him a glove-wash from behind while the ref isnt looking so as to irritate his scar.

Can't wait for 96 to be back!

BAD NEWS: According to swedish media Holmströms injury is much more serious than reported earlier. Now he is expected to be out for at least the first three quarterfinal games.

http://www.expressen.se/sport/ishockey/1.654261

I can't trusth this article. It's like its written in another language. :P

It says he will miss at least the first 3 games and that Sammy would replace him on line #1. :(

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

I can't trusth this article. It's like its written in another language. :P

Yeah, and a strange one too. :)

I admit that this is not the most reliable swedish source, but they are refering to an interview with Holmström himself and I find it hard to see why the whole thing should be made up.

Did someone say he wasn't? I thought he was good to go.

nah its purely speculation, as he didnt come to todays practice as stated above my other post, and im not declaring panic button use, just stating these injuries are gonna catch up with us

Coach Mike Babcock said Thursday morning that Henrik Zetterberg will play in tonight's Game 1 despite missing the morning skate and Wednesday's practice. Zetterberg has the flu, according to Babcock, and rode the bike Thursday morning instead of skating.

Zetterberg will center the top line wiht Pavel Datsyuk on one wing. Who will play on the other side ... Babcock wouldn't say. Kyle Calder practiced with Datsyuk, Wednesday. Babcock did say that he'd prefer to leave Dan Cleary and Johan Franzen where they are because of the production of the second and third lines. Babcock said that either Calder or Mikael Samuelsson would get first crack at first-line time although he would have put Franzen up there had he not been performing so well on Robert Lang's line.

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/

They'll need a presence on that top line that goes to the net HARD -- and Samuelsson isn't that guy.

Sammy seems to no longer be the guy who fits on "any" line. Ugh! :crazy: Babcock is confusing as hell - just sit his ass.

This is a very serious eye injury and unfortunately, I don't think he will be stealing any of his team mates goals <_< . I certainly hope others (Franzen, Bert, Calder) are willing to take 1/2 the abuse he does.

I don't think we will see him for another 3-4 weeks :(

Why don't he just wear a full mask/cage???? I'm pretty sure the only thing that could irritate the eye would be a stick. It would have to be a pretty severe check to mess his eye up.. :crazy:

Edited by REDWlNGS

Why don't he just wear a full mask/cage???? I'm pretty sure the only thing that could irritate the eye would be a stick. It would have to be a pretty severe check to mess his eye up.. :crazy:

But still there is not much reason in playing as long as he can't see with the eye. The original article mentions that he still doesn't have proper vision.