• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsDC2B

Nabokov vs. DET

Rate this topic

Being a die hard Red Wings fan living in the San Jose area I have seen the abuse that Detroit has laid upon Nabokov in his career. It really favors Detroit in this up coming series. Here are his career stats vs. Detroit:

Season/Career GP MIN W L T OT GA SA SO GA Avg SV %

2006-2007 vs. DET 2 70 0 1 - 0 5 51 0 4.29 .902

Career vs. DET 17 937 4 10 0 1 53 492 1 3.39 .892

As you can see, the Red Wings usually get about 30 SOG against him, and this includesgame in which he has been pulled. Like the 9-4 loss on 1/4 of this year. He was pulled when it was 3-0 Wings... after that he was pulled for Toskola and the Sharks went on a 9-1 run. We have Nabby's number! Now on the other hand, if we shell Nabby in game 1 or 2, and they put in Toskola... we are in deep trouble. Toskola has been money against us:

2006-2007 vs. DET 3 168 3 0 - 0 4 59 0 1.43 .932

Career vs. DET 7 367 5 1 0 0 9 158 1 1.47 .943

In three games this year, we have averaged less than 20 SOG against him. Not to mention a great lifetime GAA.

Just doing my homework and analysis.

Edited by WingsDC2B

"Discovery Bay" ? Cool.

I think the onus lies with Hasek in this series. Nabokov/Toskala are quite good yes, but definitely beatable. Hasek on the other hand, when his head is in the game can be unbeatable. :D

with the amount to shots we throw at the other teams net even the best of golies let them in. It just helps that there golies dont have the best records aginat us :)

What's Toskala's record against Detroit?

Toskola's #'s are the second set I listed, he is 5-1 with a 1.46 GAA and their D allowing let than 20 SOG. A HUGE difference from Nabokov.

Edited by WingsDC2B

interesting, although the way nabby played against nashville, i dont think toskala will be coming in at all

Only if he struggles. Let's say he gets shelled in both games in JLA and Toskala relieves him and plays well, Wilson won't hesitate to go to Toskala to save the series.

But it's a moot point since the Sharks will at least split in Detroit...

Toskola's #'s are the second set I listed, he is 5-1 with a 1.46 GAA and their D allowing let than 20 SOG. A HUGE difference from Nabokov.

What up Disco Bay! I live over in Pittsburg and my friend lives out in Disco! Crazy!!!

Yea, i think we'll be seeing Toskala at some point in this series.

What up Disco Bay! I live over in Pittsburg and my friend lives out in Disco! Crazy!!!

Yea, i think we'll be seeing Toskala at some point in this series.

Us Wings fans need to stick together out here. To many bandwagon Sharks fans out here.

Well, Turco would have been better for the Wings than either SJ GT. However, I think we can definitely put up some goals on Nabokov. He's good, but Kiprusoff is better and we got them by him when it counted. Of course, Nabby has a better team playing in front of him....

I think if nabokov has 1 or 2 bad games with soft goals, Toskala is in quickly.

Wilson pulls the trigger quickly with his goalies.

what a sick signature...i love the sharks symbol

Being a die hard Red Wings fan living in the San Jose area I have seen the abuse that Detroit has laid upon Nabokov in his career. It really favors Detroit in this up coming series. Here are his career stats vs. Detroit:

2006-2007 vs. DET 2 70 0 1 - 0 5 51 0 4.29 .902

Career vs. DET 17 937 4 10 0 1 53 492 1 3.39 .892

As you can see, the Red Wings usually get about 30 SOG against him, and this includesgame in which he has been pulled. Like the 9-4 loss on 1/4 of this year. He was pulled when it was 3-0 Wings... after that he was pulled for Toskola and the Sharks went on a 9-1 run. We have Nabby's number! Now on the other hand, if we shell Nabby in game 1 or 2, and they put in Toskola... we are in deep trouble. Toskola has been money against us:

2006-2007 vs. DET 3 168 3 0 - 0 4 59 0 1.43 .932

Career vs. DET 7 367 5 1 0 0 9 158 1 1.47 .943

In three games this year, we have averaged less than 20 SOG against him. Not to mention a great lifetime GAA.

Just doing my homework and analysis.

Good stuff. The numbers speak for themselves. Did you do the same homework and analysis on Hasek? I would be interested in seeing his numbers against the Sharks since he joined Detroit.

I don't know how many times Hasek has faced the Sharks but Iit has been at least once. In that same January game in which you pointed out Nabokov was pulled, the Sharks scored 8 times on Hasek.

Someone in the other SJ thread was saying how good Nabby has been playing this postseason.

A couple points:

1) Kiprusoff is better than Nabogov and we still beat him.

2) We are a way better team than Nashville. We can roll 4 good lines which means lots more SOG.

3) We will have more quality scoring chances than Nashville did.

Good stuff. The numbers speak for themselves. Did you do the same homework and analysis on Hasek? I would be interested in seeing his numbers against the Sharks since he joined Detroit.

I don't know how many times Hasek has faced the Sharks but Iit has been at least once. In that same January game in which you pointed out Nabokov was pulled, the Sharks scored 8 times on Hasek.

Well since you asked...

Dom has face the Sharks 15 time in his career, has a winning record of 8-4-3-0, 36 goals against, 2.56 GAA, and .911 SV%

Mind you, this includes that horrific game in January. That is ONE bad game, and the last time I check this is a SEVEN game series.

Take that one game away, he is 8-3-1-0, 27 goals against, and a GAA at or under 2.00 with a SV% .925+

Compare Dom's and Nabby's career stats... even with that crap game.... who would you rather have between the posts?

Edited by WingsDC2B

Well since you asked...

Dom has face the Sharks 15 time in his career, has a winning record of 8-4-3-0, 36 goals against, 2.56 GAA, and .911 SV%

Mind you, this includes that horrific game in January. That is ONE bad game, and the last time I check this is a SEVEN game series.

Take that one game away, he is 8-3-1-0, 27 goals against, and a GAA at or under 2.00 with a SV% .925+

Compare Dom's and Nabby's career stats... even with that crap game.... who would you rather have between the posts?

These are his numbers against the Sharks playing for the Red Wings?

Thanks, I didn't realize he had played the Sharks that many times since moving to Detroit.

These are his numbers against the Sharks playing for the Red Wings?

Thanks, I didn't realize he had played the Sharks that many times since moving to Detroit.

Nope, this includes while playing for a crappy Sabers team too! The statswould be better if he had the Red Wings Off/Def in front of him while he was in his prime. Sorry for not mentioning it, but thanks for pointing it out and proving my point even more. Thanks, buddy!

Someone in the other SJ thread was saying how good Nabby has been playing this postseason.

A couple points:

1) Kiprusoff is better than Nabogov and we still beat him.

2) We are a way better team than Nashville. We can roll 4 good lines which means lots more SOG.

3) We will have more quality scoring chances than Nashville did.

1) Kipprusoff may be better than Nabby, but he had no goal support. Just look at the SOG in that series.

2) How can you say you are a way better team than Nashville when the Wings scored only 3 points more than them in the regular season.

3) Nashville was an extremely quick team and I don't think you have the speed to get many scoring chances. I also think that the Wings are too old to compete with such a young and big team as the Sharks. The Wings have 13 players over 30 (2 over 40) and the Sharks have only 4.

The wings have 16 players under 200 lbs and 10 over. The Sharks have only 4 players under 200 lbs and have 21 players over. You may come out of the gate with more quaility scoring chances, but it won't last.

Edited by tiburones

Well since you asked...

These type of stats are so ridiculous. The Wings have a different players and the Sharks have different players since last time they played. Throw the history of how you fared agaist a specific franchise out the window. Same with regular season stats. Neither goalie has faced the exact squad that will be playing tomorrow. FTLOF we do not even know who is going to be on the ice for the tomorrow.

1) Kipprusoff may be better than Nabby, but he had no goal support. Just look at the SOG in that series.

2) How can you say you are a way better team than Nashville when the Wings scored only 3 points more than them in the regular season.

3) Nashville was an extremely quick team and I don't think you have the speed to get many scoring chances. I also think that the Wings are too old to compete with such a young and big team as the Sharks. The Wings have 13 players over 30 (2 over 40) and the Sharks have only 4.

The wings have 16 players under 200 lbs and 10 over. The Sharks have only 4 players under 200 lbs and have 21 players over. You may come out of the gate with more quaility scoring chances, but it won't last.

First off get over the whole age thing... obviously it did affect them during a long regular season... Wings finished higher than the Sharks.

And secondly, just look at the numbers... both Nabby's vs. DET and the Sharks playoff history... you have only made it past the second round ONCE in franchise history.

Just stating facts... remember, you must prove that you can walk the walk before you can talk the talk. Pretty Simple!

...yes, just look at the SOG. If it hadn't been for Kipper the flipper, we'd have swept them and outscored them 90-10!

...yet the Wings handily won the season series 6-2 (with one of those losses in OT)

3) Nashville was an extremely quick team and I don't think you have the speed to get many scoring chances. I also think that the Wings are too old to compete with such a young and big team as the Sharks. The Wings have 13 players over 30 (2 over 40) and the Sharks have only 4. The wings have 16 players under 200 lbs and 10 over. The Sharks have only 4 players under 200 lbs and have 21 players over. You may come out of the gate with more quaility scoring chances, but it won't last.

...just replace the words Sharks with Flyers and this sounds like 1997 all over again. Anyone care to remind this guy what happened then?

Nope, this includes while playing for a crappy Sabers team too! The statswould be better if he had the Red Wings Off/Def in front of him while he was in his prime. Sorry for not mentioning it, but thanks for pointing it out and proving my point even more. Thanks, buddy!

Ah, I thought so.

"His career stats would have been better if he had the Red Wings Off/Def in front of him...." Perhaps. Let's look at his stats against the Sharks with the Red Wings and find out.

I am not keen on any regular season stats as a reliable predictor in the playoffs. If a Sharks fanatic believes the Sharks will score 6 on Hasek beacuse they got 8 in the last game, I'll be glad to give them long odds. Using stats from Hasek's days with the Sabres is just as meaningless, IMO. If you want to feel reassured citing Hasek's regular season stats from several years ago while playing on another team, go ahead. It doesn't prove your point, though.