• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

tampa bay might have to trade 1 of their big 3

Rate this topic

the owner of the lightning has demanded the gm to lower the cap for next season to 40 million , due to losses so unless they trade one of lecavalier richards or st louis then they wont have enough money to make a team ........i think its pretty safe to say that vinny wont be leaving, and richards getting 7.6 per would be untradeable , so that leaves st louis .

would anyone here think about trading for him ?? i know most people here would be like last thing we need is another small player , and im not even sure we should get him cause we have other good players coming up who will need pay increases, but st louis , even though hes small is one of the best in the league, got 43 goals this season and 100+ pts, and hes making 6 million per , a bargain if you ask me.

If we or any other team were to trade for him he'd be locked in for another 4 yrs. Since the lightning would likely want cheaper roster players to fill out their team and prospects i was thinking , as much as i love jiri hudler , id much rather have st louis locked up at another 4 yrs (hudler can test free agency in 5 i believe) .......so how about hudler,samuelsson, they also need defencemen so maybe we toss in derek meech(he's suppose to be another brett lebda) .....and since they got goalie problems, if hasek comes back with howard maybe in the roster , osgood ???

Anyways i doubt this will ever happen , but what are your thoughts ? should we try and get one of those 3 guys or just say hell no!

i think the chances of us being able to afford one of those guys along with Z and Dats is simply out of reach. Richards is in all liklyhood the one going to be traded and while he's a great player he's not worth nick's salary.

Two of them are untradeable. St. Louis has a no trade clause, and Richards has way too high of a contract. No way is he worth the money Lidstrom makes.

Vinny L. is the only one who could possibly be traded, and the Lightning would be nuts to get rid of him. He led the league in goals this year, and is an awesome player. I really don't see any of the big three being traded, since two of them can't and one of them is too good to be traded.

St. Louis is the most likely candidate, despite his NTC.

He has won a Hart, a Ross, and a Pearson recently, and he makes the least of the three. Vinny will not be traded, and Richards' salary makes it impractical. St. Louis also is the least likely to receive ungodly raises in the future as he is five years older than Vinny or Richards.

St. Louis stands the best chance of being traded and likely will bring a decent package return--A top-six forward, top-four defenseman, and a third depth player or prospect seems right..

San Jose could offer a package of Bell/McLaren, or Phoenix could offer a package of Reinprecht/Boynton. Both deals give a top-six forward and a top four defenseman, things that Tampa would need in return, as well as providing comparable salary coming back in more than one player.

St. Louis is the most likely candidate, despite his NTC.

He has won a Hart, a Ross, and a Pearson recently, and he makes the least of the three. Vinny will not be traded, and Richards' salary makes it impractical. St. Louis also is the least likely to receive ungodly raises in the future as he is five years older than Vinny or Richards.

St. Louis stands the best chance of being traded and likely will bring a decent package return--A top-six forward, top-four defenseman, and a third depth player or prospect seems right..

San Jose could offer a package of Bell/McLaren, or Phoenix could offer a package of Reinprecht/Boynton. Both deals give a top-six forward and a top four defenseman, things that Tampa would need in return, as well as providing comparable salary coming back in more than one player.

i dont see st louis going to phoenix , a team that well ......sucks , hes got a no trade clause remember , only way i see him going there is if gretzky begs him and st louis just thinks to himself .....this is the great one and decides to go , as for san jose no way i ever see him going there , there gonna need all the cap space available to eventually resign thornton,marleau,cheechoo ........they got nabokov making like 5 million already ...... they got enough fire power upfront

McLaren might be a decent fit in for a trade for St. Louis, but on the other end I don't think Tampa would want to take on Bell's salary, given the season he's had. Same goes for Nick Boynton in Phoenix, who hasn't played very good this season either.

You never know though. They might just figure in the "change of scenery" line if they make a trade like that. And really, a change of scenery does sometimes help.

i dont see st louis going to phoenix , a team that well ......sucks , hes got a no trade clause remember , only way i see him going there is if gretzky begs him and st louis just thinks to himself .....this is the great one and decides to go , as for san jose no way i ever see him going there , there gonna need all the cap space available to eventually resign thornton,marleau,cheechoo ........they got nabokov making like 5 million already ...... they got enough fire power upfront

The two deals I suggested are players that might be able to pull off a deal for marty, and make the same kind of money combined over a similar period. Trading Bell/McLaren for St. Louis won't take money away from resigning Thornton, Marleau, or Cheechoo.

Wasn't Khabibulin for St. Louis rumored a while ago?

Not sure on that one, but i do remember hearing about St Louis for Giguere last offseason. Anaheim was smart for not letting Giguere go..

No chance at all of Vinny coming here for the next 7 years :thumbdown::(

I'd rather keep Bertuzzi than go after St Louis...

You know we don't have the resources to get Lecavalier anyway.

We traded away Williams and Maltby is a UFA!

You know we don't have the resources to get Lecavalier anyway.

We traded away Williams and Maltby is a UFA!

True, but we still have Sammy...and you can always sign and trade Maltby in the deal!!!

On a serious note though, you're right in saying we wouldnt have the resources to get him anyway. But it just sucks knowing that there's officially a 0% chance in it ever happening cause of friggin Datsyuk's deal.

Yea, but just think of the possibilities...

Zetterberg - Lecavalier - Bertuzzi

Holmstrom - Datsyuk - Franzen

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Sammuelsson - Filppula - Hudler

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Markov - Lilja

Chelios - Lebda

Hasek

Osgood

The resources could be there though, these are the salaries from nhlnumbers.com

2.700 - 7.167 - 5.000

2.250 - 6.700 - 0.900

1.368 - 2.128 - 0.675

1.200 - 0.850 - 0.525

Forwards - 31.463

7.600 - 1.500

2.500 - 1.000

0.850 - 0.550

Defense - 14.000

Goalies - 1.550

Total - 47.013

I heard that the cap could be raising to $47.5 mil or higher, a little more tinkering and I think it could be done. We would need to let Lang, Schneider and Calder walk. Then get Bertuzzi to take a small pay cut (an even 5 mil should be fair) The only upcoming UFA's are Maltby, Hudler, Kopecky, Markov, Chelios and Hasek. They would all need to be resigned for the same contracts, but none of those should be a problem. I know there are some other things to consider, like some 06-07 bonuses that affect the 07-08 cap, but all Im sayin is that it could work. Holland did say last year that the UFA market was going to be much deeper this year and the Wings would be making big moves. I'd like to see something major happen!

But it just sucks knowing that there's officially a 0% chance in it ever happening cause of friggin Datsyuk's deal.

Yeah, he's such a playoff choker.

:rolleyes:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

True, but we still have Sammy...and you can always sign and trade Maltby in the deal!!!

On a serious note though, you're right in saying we wouldnt have the resources to get him anyway. But it just sucks knowing that there's officially a 0% chance in it ever happening cause of friggin Datsyuk's deal.

Odd nowhere do I see Lilija on the list of trade bait :P

Yeah, he's such a playoff choker.

:rolleyes:

I dont think thats what he was getting at. But you wouldnt take Vinny over Datsyuk ? Vinnys size alone makes him a great fit on any team , He has better goal scorign abilities , but Datsyuks a better playmaker. Too bad we couldnt get both , that'd be a dynamo 1-2 punch :lol:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

You humor me Lou. Even without Datsyuks contract, we don't have enough decent prospects to send for Lecavalier. Who would you plan to send? Hudler? The Wings would be selling the farm for the next 10 years to land Vinny. It's a shame too, as Lecavalier is one of my favorite players, and I'd love to see him play for the Wings.

That said, I still totally agree with you that Datsyuk is overrpaid. Zetterberg is a much better player in my opinion. And Zetterberg has the ability to be a leader too. Datsyuk is afraid to even answer a few questions from the media. Watch him in one of his rare interviews. He dodges more questions than Rod Marinelli. He is a decent player, and I can't deny he has been better these playoffs, but 7 years is an awfully long time to resign someone. I hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco like with some Russians who sign long term deals, most notably Alexei Yashin. We'll wait and see I guess.

You humor me Lou. Even without Datsyuks contract, we don't have enough decent prospects to send for Lecavalier. Who would you plan to send? Hudler? The Wings would be selling the farm for the next 10 years to land Vinny. It's a shame too, as Lecavalier is one of my favorite players, and I'd love to see him play for the Wings.

That said, I still totally agree with you that Datsyuk is overrpaid. Zetterberg is a much better player in my opinion. And Zetterberg has the ability to be a leader too. Datsyuk is afraid to even answer a few questions from the media. Watch him in one of his rare interviews. He dodges more questions than Rod Marinelli. He is a decent player, and I can't deny he has been better these playoffs, but 7 years is an awfully long time to resign someone. I hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco like with some Russians who sign long term deals, most notably Alexei Yashin. We'll wait and see I guess.

I did say in that post that we probably wouldnt have the resources to get him. So that left only a 1% chance prior to the resigning, but at least thats better than 0! I just hate that feeling of knowing if any premier players, especially someone i liked i.e. Lecavalier became available, we have no shot at him. Thats all.

Oh, so after seeing a few goals you'd take Datsyuk over Lecavalier? Ok!

No, but let's be realistic. There's no way the Wings could've gotten Lecavalier anyway after the season he had. If they were to trade him it's going to garner a MASSIVE return -- a package of players, prospects, and picks that the Wings just don't have.

Datsyuk is home-grown and has proven to be a pretty damn good player.

I did say in that post that we probably wouldnt have the resources to get him. So that left only a 1% chance prior to the resigning, but at least thats better than 0! I just hate that feeling of knowing if any premier players, especially someone i liked i.e. Lecavalier became available, we have no shot at him. Thats all.

We'd have no shot at him anyway. Don't feel too badly about it.

I hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco like with some Russians who sign long term deals, most notably Alexei Yashin. We'll wait and see I guess.

How the hell would nationality fit into the equation?!? :rolleyes: