• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Defenseman13

Message from a Sharks fan

Rate this topic

I have the relationship-testing magic channels known as Center Ice, and I've been following all the games. I'm not sure if a lot of Wings fans have been following the Nashville-Sharks series, so I'm posting this to catch everyone up. I'm also posting here becasue the sjsharks.com boards are a freakin disgrace and in now way representative of our fanbase.

I agree they turned off joining! Post over there for all your fans to join feeder! I can't post yet,waiting for the admin to aprove my account,but so far after reading looks like a good place!

Edited by cupcrazy

I'm also posting here becasue the sjsharks.com boards are a freakin disgrace and in now way representative of our fanbase.

why do people keep saying that? its changed a lot since the shut down. they actually have mods that do a decent job and keep all the petty bickering between posters an dtrolls to a minimum.

Edited by clamchop

:clap: Nice post.

2. Do you have any video of the Bernier move in a NHL game? To me, that doesn't look that impressive.

I can see that move drawing a lot of penalties but there are a lot of players in the NHL that do that or something similar.

I have the relationship-testing magic channels known as Center Ice, and I've been following all the games. I'm not sure if a lot of Wings fans have been following the Nashville-Sharks series, so I'm posting this to catch everyone up. I'm also posting here becasue the sjsharks.com boards are a freakin disgrace and in now way representative of our fanbase.

SNIP BY MARCUS

This will be a great series. Although the Sharks are touted as the biggest and youngest, the Wings can take advantage. If I were the Wing's coach, I would advise them to come out strong and hit the crap out of the Sharks. Even though Guerin (ugh) and Rivet are filling in a much needed veteran/leadership role, the youth of the Sharks comes through when they get rattled. I've spent countless hours this year yelling at our boys for not showing up or returning physical play. That may be your key. Other than that, it's too even to tell. Here's the tape-to-tape.

Well please don't take some of our posters as being representative of our fanbase ;)

I agree with your assessment of what Babs' game plan should be (from our less experienced perspective, of course), and I imagine he'll be trying to do just that. Veteran leadership is one of, if not the, most important aspects of the Wings, especially with respect to play-off experience. That's the one intangible that allows players like Chelios to remain dominant around younger players of equal or slightly lesser talent. Of course, that's the thing about defensemen, right? Someone like Cheli can stick around and adjust his play to the more technically minded play we see from him now while he's more careful with his older body. Well, the fact that Cheli can adjust his playing style so adeptly and with such impressive results is a testament to how much talent that man has!

Back to my original point though, I think you'll find we have quite a few intelligent, reasonable posters here, and a nice collection of opposing fans with similar posting credentials who chip in without being too disillusioned by some of the trollish behaviour of a few of our regulars.

Oh, and don't judge my pretentiously over-wordy posts. I honestly don't mean to be such a piss-poor writer, but I'm an engineer/physicist so my arts background is lacking :P

Good assessment. I am looking forward to this series - it's been very rare that the Red Wings play a team I actually like in the playoffs. I have always thought Patrick Marleau was underrated and I always drafted him high on my fantasy team (when I had one). Now I have to hope he doesn't score too many goals in this series! Unfortunately, when I've pulled for the Sharks the last two playoffs after the Wings were out, you lost to the same pesky teams that beat us. :(

I'm not sure who will be hungrier: the Sharks are pretty close to getting over the hump into the SCF, but they seem to keep falling short. The Red Wings desperately want (need for us fans) to get at least back to the WCF. Should be an interesting series....and one with more pure hockey and less goonery....

I'd be willing to bet that "butt check" move will be his undoing this series.

yeah, he doesn't attempt it nearly as often as he used to, as he has gotten burned by it a few times this season. it's an all-or-nothing play and when he misses, he's WAY out of position to do much of anything. That being said, it's a beautiful, beautiful thing to see when he executes it well. :)

yeah, he doesn't attempt it nearly as often as he used to, as he has gotten burned by it a few times this season. it's an all-or-nothing play and when he misses, he's WAY out of position to do much of anything. That being said, it's a beautiful, beautiful thing to see when he executes it well. :)

QFT

I will never forget the hit he put on Petr Cajanek in the Playoffs a few years ago. Cajanek left the game immediately after the hit and wasn't seen again. Standing O from the crowd. What a thing a beauty.

Edited by FabHckyBbe

QFT

I will never forget the hit he put on Petr Cajanek in the Playoffs a few years ago. Cajanek left the game immediately after the hit and wasn't seen again. Standing O from the crowd. What a thing a beauty.

Hey Babe!! Nice to see a familiar...er... face

Strangers in a strange land...

nice to finally see a few shark fans with class. bravo!

After thefoul language and abuse I took at 8am yesterday, I wouldn't be saying much about class...

QFT

nah, the hit on Letowski is still my favorite...

Hey Babe!! Nice to see a familiar...er... face

Strangers in a strange land...

After thefoul language and abuse I took at 8am yesterday, I wouldn't be saying much about class...

That's because you were trolling in multiple threads.

Have something halfway civil and intelligent to say, and people here will respond in kind.

Please don't talk I have read your posts and you deserved anything you got, spewing your nonesense on these boards, what else do you expect, A long time ago I posted on sjsharks.com boards once, I made a thread and the first thing you did was flame the s*** out of me for no reason. You're a dick... and you deserved what you got.. again go back to your chest pounding board, actually I wish you were'nt even a sharks fan what a disgrace.

It definitely is.

It makes me miss Vladdy.

Please don't talk I have read your posts and you deserved anything you got, spewing your nonesense on these boards, what else do you expect, A long time ago I posted on sjsharks.com boards once, I made a thread and the first thing you did was flame the s*** out of me for no reason. You're a dick... and you deserved what you got.. again go back to your chest pounding board, actually I wish you were'nt even a sharks fan what a disgrace.

The opposing team's fans scuffling at LGW...Is this a first? :lol:

Wrong again

I came on perfectly reasonable. I have never once uttered a foul word or personal attack. In fact my posts were quite tame. As soon as I mentioned 'Sharks in 5' I was deluged with the worst kind of foul, personal attacks.

You're damn right I'm gonna respond.

You really need to step back and take a good hard look at your fellow posters. They have been on the attack since I got here...

Wrong again

I came on perfectly reasonable. I have never once uttered a foul word or personal attack. In fact my posts were quite tame. As soon as I mentioned 'Sharks in 5' I was deluged with the worst kind of foul, personal attacks.

You're damn right I'm gonna respond.

You really need to step back and take a good hard look at your fellow posters. They have been on the attack since I got here...

Go away, seriously, not a single person on this board,..even your fellow sharks fans want you here. Read the forum rules and maybe you'll see why people have been less than civil with you. No one is personally attacking you, and if they are its because you started every little inch of it. But i'm done,..maybe when this entire board ignores you you'll get the point.

Edited by theman19

nah, the hit on Letowski is still my favorite...

let me remind you that guns blazing is not an appropriate introduction. the fact that you were expecting your comments to be well received is absurd. i guarantee you'll find more dignity and class on LGW than you're used to but most people choose to reciprocate respect when it's given and i'm certainly no different.

trolling hardly describes your intentions. you've dialed it back since and are to be commended for realizing that the line you were towing was quite inappropriate.

believe me, nobody is going to be personally attacking you here. when you come on this board and say sharks in 5 without having any legitimate reasons for making such bold claims, most people will and rightfully should dismiss you with prejudice.

samadelphia - this just further illustrates my point, an ally completely disowning your lack of character/integrity.

Go away, seriously, not a single person on this board,..even your fellow sharks fans want you here. Read the forum rules and maybe you'll see why people have been less than civil with you. No one is personally attacking you, and if they are its because you started every little inch of it. But i'm done,..maybe when this entire board ignores you you'll get the point.

Wrong again. I dare you to find one single post that does anything but root for my team.

Or, if you prefer I can go back and get some of the classy posts from you guys like 30 minutes after I joined.

but then you won't want that will you. You prefer to make it up as you go along...

let me remind you that guns blazing is not an appropriate introduction. the fact that you were expecting your comments to be well received is absurd. i guarantee you'll find more dignity and class on LGW than you're used to but most people choose to reciprocate respect when it's given and i'm certainly no different.

trolling hardly describes your intentions. you've dialed it back since and are to be commended for realizing that the line you were towing was quite inappropriate.

believe me, nobody is going to be personally attacking you here. when you come on this board and say sharks in 5 without having any legitimate reasons for making such bold claims, most people will and rightfully should dismiss you with prejudice.

never came in guns blazing. If you'd like I can get my first 5-10 posts and display them for you, complete with the hysterical and histrionic replies...

Samadelphia revealed

IPB Image

"You're a dick!"

Sam knows I'm just playin. Give him some time and he'll settle in. He brings some good knowledge once you learn to ignore his rough edges.

never came in guns blazing. If you'd like I can get my first 5-10 posts and display them for you, complete with the hysterical and histrionic replies...

redundant. you obviously can't admit error.

based on the majority of your posts, you can do no wrong.

i studied your posts since last night and several of them are

combative in nature, after which you retreat to this invulnerable

persona of "who... me?" since you're so well versed on emotional

disorders by your use of histrionic, you should also know your

defense is the best form of denial from a clinical standpoint.

pathetic. seriously, would it hurt you that much to think before you act?

be accountable to yourself and the etiquette of this forum, and for

pete's sake, please build your case on proven facts, not the

shameful "oh, but guess what happened last time" weightless debate.

the past is the past and it is in no way indicative of forecasting the

likely results of this series, and that goes for both sides.

i'm equally disturbed by my own allies that repeatedly carry on about

how well we've played san jose in the past... completely irrelevant.

what matters here is one thing and one thing only... how do these teams

match up this season. please stay in the present.