• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hatchet Barry

Pre-GAME 1 (4/26): Sharks @ Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

It's alright, I believe most media pundits predicted the Wings demise vs. the Flames as well. Note how the only team not talking junk in the media is the Wings. They don't need to. Rivet and Guerin were nice pickups, but our veteran leadership is far superior. Did the Habs just not like Rivet?? Or was he another salary cap loss? Dude can play.

The Wings need some of the youngsters to step up big while our team gets healthy, hopefully irritate the Sharks a bit-- get them to take some penalties. 5 on 5 is equal, but even though the PP during the regular season wasn't good at all, I can start to see it clicking now. Zetterberg will be enormous in this series.

Yeah, this is the same guy who said that us beating the Sharks in 95 was cheap because it was only their 4th year in the league. I had no choice but to point out the 1996 Finals.

No, that not what I said at all. I said crowing about beating the expansion Sharks in 95 is not something a truly great team would do. Especially after losing to them in 94...

annoying tidbit from last night's duck-canuck game: the announcers gushing over niedermeyer and pronger and wondering if there "ever had been two norris trophy winners on the same blueline for a team in the playoffs..." and then went on for about five minutes on having to look it up and speculating it never ever has happened before.

:lol:<_<

It's alright, I believe most media pundits predicted the Wings demise vs. the Flames as well. Note how the only team not talking junk in the media is the Wings. They don't need to. Rivet and Guerin were nice pickups, but our veteran leadership is far superior. Did the Habs just not like Rivet?? Or was he another salary cap loss? Dude can play.

The Wings need some of the youngsters to step up big while our team gets healthy, hopefully irritate the Sharks a bit-- get them to take some penalties. 5 on 5 is equal, but even though the PP during the regular season wasn't good at all, I can start to see it clicking now. Zetterberg will be enormous in this series.

if the wings win the cup, they might be the first cup winners to be the media underdog in every series of a playoff run. seriously.

annoying tidbit from last night's duck-canuck game: the announcers gushing over niedermeyer and pronger and wondering if there "ever had been two norris trophy winners on the same blueline for a team in the playoffs..." and then went on for about five minutes on having to look it up and speculating it never ever has happened before.

That is pretty funny. Maybe he had forgotten that Chelios was still in the league. I mean anyone who played with Gordie Howe must be retired by now, right? :lol:

Edited by Samadelphia

s***, did I really type that? Must not have gotten enough sleep last night. Obviously I meant Samuelsson...

Doesn't matter, both players are equally ineffective this year, and interchangeable.

:clap: There's our "Jiggy" !! Way to go, thanks for the support, we're going to need it!

I haven't seen the Sharks play in a long time, didn't catch much of the Preds series, mainly because I loathe the Preds. With Homer out, Lebda.. Cleary/Sammy broken hands? Jeezus, the home ice is the only advantage we have tonight. I think the Sharks take this one to scare the bejeezus out of everyone in hockeytown.. that being said, we proved we can win a gritty one on the road in Calgary so I like our chances in the Tank next week for one. :D

Sharks: 4 (Marleau, Carle, Grier, Cheeeeecho-Train)

Wings: 1 (Cleary)

I've never liked predicting scores.

I've liked predicting the scorers even less.

Too many injuries in this one. And to those who think the Wings will outplay the Sharks physically are just nuts. I just hope it doesn't look like last night's Ducks/Canucks game. What a joke.

Wings need to get healthy fast and play SMART hockey. Then they definitely stand a chance. Tonight's game is going to be extremely challenging.

Hmm...

Lidstrom/Chelios 1999-present

Bourque/Blake 2001

Chelios/Wilson 1991

Just to name a few.

did you even watch the last series? Calgary is far more physical then the Sharks.

I almost peed my self laughing so hard. :lol: The flamers arent even close to matching the sharks in physical play. you will see.

I almost peed my self laughing so hard. :lol: The flamers arent even close to matching the sharks in physical play. you will see.

You better hope the Sharks are less physical. The Flames focus on physicality cost them the series. Dumb penalties and pinching for big hits let the Wings skill players have the puck much more than they should have.

Im starting to get excited for the game tonight!!! Gonna be a tough one to win though with all the injuries...

Anyway, GO WINGS!!!

You better hope the Sharks are less physical. The Flames focus on physicality cost them the series. Dumb penalties and pinching for big hits let the Wings skill players have the puck much more than they should have.

Only if you think it has to be one or the other. The Sharks bring both physicality and skill. All the time. Every shift. And they're huge. They AVERAGE 6'2 215 acros the front line and are one of the least penalized teams in the league BECAUSE of their size.

Want an example? Watch the Preds series. Games 1 and 2 were reasonably close. The teams split. But as the series wore on, the physicality, size and relentlessness of the Sharks simply wore them out.

That's what you;re going to find. Maybe the Wings get one at home, but by the time they return for game 5, they're going to want to have nothing more to do with the Sharks combination of size, speed, forechecking, skill and the ability to roll 4 lines...

Only if you think it has to be one or the other. The Sharks bring both physicality and skill. All the time. Every shift. And they're huge. They AVERAGE 6'2 215 acros the front line and are one of the least penalized teams in the league BECAUSE of their size.

Want an example? Watch the Preds series. Games 1 and 2 were reasonably close. The teams split. But as the series wore on, the physicality, size and relentlessness of the Sharks simply wore them out.

That's what you;re going to find. Maybe the Wings get one at home, but by the time they return for game 5, they're going to want to have nothing more to do with the Sharks combination of size, speed, forechecking, skill and the ability to roll 4 lines...

Well jeez, this sounds like the best team ever assembled!!

Well jeez, this sounds like the best team ever assembled!!

that's what I've been saying!! :lol:

it's also the reason the Sharks are nearly unanimous picks by the experts. You think they don't see what I'm seeing? Even the Free Press is scared...

This is getting to be really funny. you seriously have said that in nearly every thread you post in. San Jose is big. We got it. Why not just make it your signature and save us all some time? Do you not know anything else about San Jose that you can rave about?

When the Wings were getting ready to play the Flyers in '97, everyone was talking about how big the Flyers were. How the Wings defense wouldn't be able to handle such size. Seems to me that worked out okay.

I'm not saying the exact same thing will happen here. These are two different teams we're talking about here.

But the point is still valid is that size can and has been beaten.

It's why you actually gotta play the games.

Edited by haroldsnepsts