• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pucker

Am I the only one freak'out at all of the injuries on the team?

Rate this topic

When I think of all the Wing's players that are either not playing or not playing up to full potential, well, it makes me wonder how much further the team can remain competitive.

Jeez,

Homer-out-eye

Kronwell-out-back

Lebda-out-ankle

Zetts-in-back

Bert-in-back

Sammy-in-broken hand

Calder-in-broken hand

Any others?

And that does not include players who are keeping "hush" on their injuries.

It will take a lot of guts for the Wings to win the next round, IMO.

Guts and smarts.

With the exception of Cheechoo and Bernier, both of whom should be pretty close to 100%, the Sharks are in great health, and that's always a problem for the smaller team.

Not a good scenario heading into game 1.

No, not worried. I REALLY, REALLY believe, that when on our Game, we are clearly the best team in the league. The problem has been "intesity". So far that has not been a problem this playoffs. We shall see.

Homer-out-eye - Hopefully back for Game 2 and Hudler will do just fine taking that extra Roster spot

Kronwell-out-back - DNP all last series anyway

Lebda-out-ankle - Hopefully back for Game 2

Zetts-in-back - Played Great in the past two games. Shouldn't expect anything less

Bert-in-back - ^ Ditto

Sammy-in-broken hand - Speculation

Calder-in-broken hand - Speculation

Guts and smarts.

With the exception of Cheechoo and Bernier, both of whom should be pretty close to 100%, the Sharks are in great health, and that's always a problem for the smaller team.

Not a good scenario heading into game 1.

Always nice to see a fan of the opposition who actually sees it like it really is. Your posts have been a breath of fresh air. Thank you...

It is a lot of injuries, but it's the way the playoffs go. Can't expect to avoid adversity, it's how they respond.

Yep, and that's exactly what the veterans like Cheli and Lids will be telling everyone in the dressing room.

No excuses, do the work!

esteef

Yep, and that's exactly what the veterans like Cheli and Lids will be telling everyone in the dressing room.

No excuses, do the work!

esteef

QFT

If the WIngs are going to move on they need to come together and win with the boys that are on the ice.

Like esteef said, No room for excuses!

are you still here?

Of course I am. All the personal attacks and foul language from all the Wings fans in the world aren't enough to drive me away. I'll be here pounding the drum (civilly of course) until the Sharks knock the wings out in game 5...

Okay, we are banged up, and on paper that looks bad ... but most of the injured players played last series and contributed despite their injuries. More importantly, isn't this the kind of adversity that we never seem to face, and then when we run into another team in the playoffs that is more banged up and faced more adversity we get our asses handed to us? If anything, I think having a few players out will make the others step it up a notch ... and we have enough of them healthy that can do that. I like where we are ... banged up, underestimated, gritty, and still fighting. Reminds me a lot of the teams that usually put us out.

Edited by lets go pavel

Of course I am. All the personal attacks and foul language from all the Wings fans in the world aren't enough to drive me away. I'll be here pounding the drum (civilly of course) until the Sharks knock the wings out in game 5...

With all the love and repetitiveness you speak of in terms of S.J. inparticular their "mack truck"-like forwards, I'd be willing to bet your pounding more than a drum.

im sure no one is gonna agree with me , but with holmstrom out and the wings needing someone to go to the net on the 1st line id very much like to give kopecky a shot , hes a big body , hes rested and injury free and his 30 goals last season,although in the ahl proved he can score ........but again we know he wont play , and babcock will keep sammy no matter what

zetterberg datsyuk kopecky

franzen lang bertuzzi

hudler filppula calder

cleary draper maltby

wont happen but that would be my 4 lines for game 1 ..............unfortunetly guys expect more sammy on the powerplay with laughable shots from the point and turn overs , and lots of of missed shots on net , and when they do make it on the net, expect lots of shots to the chest of the goalie LOL ....besides that ....... GO WINGS GO !!!

Edited by zetterbergfuturemvp

1. This series will go more than five games either way.

2. You are on a Red Wings board, what do you expect?

Just curious.........What is the average size of the Sharks up front? I haven't heard it in this thread yet, and I feel like it won't be complete without it being stated.

Wings in 7

Just curious.........What is the average size of the Sharks up front? I haven't heard it in this thread yet, and I feel like it won't be complete without it being stated.

Wings in 7

between 215 to 220 on average, and those are the lighter guys

Edited by clamchop

Homer-out-eye - Hopefully back for Game 2 and Hudler will do just fine taking that extra Roster spot

Kronwell-out-back - DNP all last series anyway

Lebda-out-ankle - Hopefully back for Game 2

Zetts-in-back - Played Great in the past two games. Shouldn't expect anything less

Bert-in-back - ^ Ditto

Sammy-in-broken hand - Speculation

Calder-in-broken hand - Speculation

I just heard on AM950 that homer told a swed newspaper that he wasn't coming back til game 4 :(

Source?

Per Detroit News:

April 26, Detroit News: Calder and Samuelsson both practiced again today and laughed off and dismissed the reports of broken hands for each that started on Toronto radio and made their way on to CBC last night. Ken Holland also said the report is false. It still looks to me like Calder will be the guy skating with Datsyuk and Zetterberg tonight in Game 1.

Wow, AVERAGE!!?? I am IMPRESSED!!! I have NEVER heard this before!! Sharks are the best and biggest team EVER!! :thumbup:

I, and everyone else on this site, know what the average is. I was being sarcastic, since Samadelphia doesn't know how to post about anything else (aside from "Sharks in 5").

I just heard on AM950 that homer told a swed newspaper that he wasn't coming back til game 4 :(

Yeah, I heard that about an hour ago. Tough news.

Wow, AVERAGE!!?? I am IMPRESSED!!! I have NEVER heard this before!! Sharks are the best and biggest team EVER!! :thumbup:

I KNOW RIGHT! OMGZZZZ I AM SO SCURRED OF THESE SHARKZZ!!!!!!111111

WHATEVER WILL THESE WINGZZ DO?! THEY ARE PROBABLY SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTSS THINKIN ABOUT THESE SHARKIES AND HOW HUGE THEY ARE.. OMGNESS!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033