• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

hmm let see..SJ played 7/60 minutes that game. The rest was Detroit. I'm pissed with the result but hey it's one game and Saturday is a different story.

It was still not Detroit's best effort though. They've shown me something in Round 1 that I expect to see here in Round 2. No excuses.

What were the lines tonight, other than Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Calder??

Im surprised Babs went with Calder. Whats wrong with Dats-Hank-Franzen, and Cleary-Lang-Bert?? Why did Calder need to be in the top 6 again?

he didnt wanna break up the franzen bertuzzi line ...........and i heard calder is injured but i dont know about you guys but im not impressed and theres no way we should resign this guys for like 2--3 million per that hes gonna ask for , id rather go for a bigger younger guy , go for hartnell and offer him 3-4 yr deal at 3 million .......and laugh but after the year lindros had im sure we can him for 1 million ( he had injuries this year but not concussion related) ........and i say we put him on a line with bertuzzi , we need some big giants who can hit and score

Guest DetroitBoy313

we DID NOT, and i repeat, DID NOT get out-played.

Amen! I think the Wings controlled most of the play for the last 2 periods which is a good sign.SJ didn't really impress me tonight.Those early goals just killed us.It's only the first game.

Great break for the Sharks to take game one with no effort whatsoever. They are 100% healthy, and we have key guys out for undetermined times and several playing hurt right now.

I am not sure I see Saturday looking any different or better, but we shall see. :unsure:

the good news is the server is so awful, samadelphia gave up and left. :hehe:

didnt see any of the game untill last 15 minutes or so. we looked to be on the offensive most of that time. could our players handle those big fat forwards like ive been hearing so much about or where they jsut in defensive mode that early?

Their big bodies didn't mean much in our zone, but they (coupled with our innumerable brain farts) did wonders in their own zone, blocking shots and forcing our guys to work along the perimeter.

Great break for the Sharks to take game one with no effort whatsoever. They are 100% healthy, and we have key guys out for undetermined times and several playing hurt right now.

I am not sure I see Saturday looking any different or better, but we shall see. :unsure:

the good news is the server is so awful, samadelphia gave up and left. :hehe:

lmao loo :lol::lol:

Nabokov wasn't even that great in this game, yet we made him look better than he is, and that pisses me off. He certainly is no Kiprusoff, and nobody will ever confuse those two. Normally when I'm pissed off after a loss, I tend to take it out verbally, but now I'm completely silent, and that is just scary.

I know it's only one game, but there needs to be a better effort to start the game on Saturday. A blowout game would make me very happy, but beating their asses would work too.

I blame Babcock. He sucks at strategy.

Sure, we get all these shots on goal, but how many of them have any chance of going in? 90% of them are from the blue line, from outside the blue line, from a terrible angle, right into the goalie's chest, or right into the guy going down to block it. The coach obviously can't adjust. His whole gameplan is to get traffic in front of the net and shoot from the blue line.

The wings got by with that strategy against Calgary, but it won't work here. San Jose is actually a good team :-P

Despite the lack of energy, we could've won this if we actually got some decent chances.

I have been reading the posts for years now and have always enjoyed this site. So, tonight I thought I would sign up and join the discussions. Lots of great people here, glad to finally post. Anyway, I think the giveaways in this game say it all.

Detroit-27

SJ-5

Terrible game...Hope game 2 is a lot better

Hey Guys/Gals,

Where are all those people that were trashing Nabby??? Looks like he stood on his head.

Sharks in 6.

gg

looks like your defense stood on their heads, not nabby

I know a lot of Wings fans are contemplating jumping off bridges, hanging themselves, jumping in front of traffic, etc. right now but this series isn't over. I felt the Wings controlled the pace of the game after the first 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the best team doesn't always win. The Sharks made us pay on the PP and got a flukey goal on a turnover.

I won't deny that I'm bummed and really disappointed. To be honest, I've been iffy on our chances of success in this series, even before seeing this game.

On the other hand, there was a certain series five years ago where we lost the first game at home. Four games later, our guys were holding a big, shiny silver thing.

So basically...yeah, I'm not confident right now. But I'm not on the ice or in the locker room, so my confidence level, pardon my French, doesn't mean s*** to the Wings. :P

Hey Guys/Gals,

Where are all those people that were trashing Nabby??? Looks like he stood on his head.

Sharks in 6.

gg

did you see the game? He didn't have to do anything extraordinary for the shut out. The Wings were very helpful, missing the net whenever Sharks D weren't blocking shots. We always make opponent's goalies look like geniuses, trust me.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Sharks in 6.

gg

congrats on the win but what game were you watching?

standing on his head... hardly.

the wings had 9 good scoring chances, nabby didn't even need to dress.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Sharks in 6.

gg

You'd be fooled by that, wouldn't you?

A shutout doesn't mean he "stood on his head". He did play much better than everyone here gives him credit for though. I really didn't enjoy all the Nabokov trashing myself, as it just makes us look like cocky bastards, and usually it comes back to bite us in the ass. Let's hope that isn't the case now.

We need to step it up. Though it is good seeing that we held SJ to 9 shots in two periods. We can't be satisfied.

Everyone knows the San Jose played back. They were not crashing the way they were before.

They had one pretty goal early in the first, and a garbage goal following that.

It should have been a 1-0 game for sure.

The Wings need to get on the board though, we are taking too many shots standing still. We are hitting to many players and not making Nabakov move at all.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Sharks in 6.

gg

Stood on his head? Please. He was not that great tonight, just had his defense blocking alot of shots before they got to him.

BOOOO! Way to stink up the place you bums. I hope Saturday you bring some heart. Calgary was more demanding than these chumps. I can't wait for the real Lidstrom to show up...someone needs to wake them up. I hope Babs gives them heck.