• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

We did not lose becasue of lack of effort, nor did we lose becasue we played a terrible game.

We lost because SJ, an extremely big, fast, and skilled team decided to stash 5 men behind the red line, and concentrate solely on defense.

Let's give credit where credit is due... SJ played a perfect road game. Period.

I really noticed San Jose's size and strength tonight. I thought that hurt us.

What?

I was just about to make a post saying "So much for the huge San Jose forwards and our defense not being able to cover them."

The Sharks didn't generate much at all when they were in the Wings zone. The second goal was the Wings' fault.

Great break for the Sharks to take game one with no effort whatsoever. They are 100% healthy, and we have key guys out for undetermined times and several playing hurt right now.

I am not sure I see Saturday looking any different or better, but we shall see. :unsure:

the good news is the server is so awful, samadelphia gave up and left. :hehe:

both teams looked like crap.

sj is just trying to get in the way of everything and just waste time...just break up our passes....remind you of a trapping team a couple years ago? argh

outside of a PP goal and a lucky spin shot by grier, we outplayed them, outchanced, etc... at the end of two periods scoring chances were 18-4... That's saying nothing though, since neither team looked like they came to play, they're both falling all over the place, skaing around randomly, no finesse on either team, no heart, no flow...and where was the crowd? was it really not a sellout like TSN said, or were those exec's seats in the lower bowl just not being used, however they were sold to lazy business types. I'd like to know if TSN made an incorrect assumption or not.

No Karen Newman either....thought we might be in for a treat with a diff singer, ummmmmmmmmm NOT! lol

Anyhow, shake it off guys, it means nothing. It's one game, if we can't bounce back from that, we have no shot at the cup, and therefore whats the point.

i think these two teams will play a much more educated, entertaining game, and the feeling out process is done now.

Bert sure looked good today though.

Like I said, Wings in 5 lol, well maybe 6.

Sharks only noticeable advantage is their size, and reach with their sticks.

LETS GO RED WINGS!

(and lets fill the arena folks!)

Edited by Wingsor

congrats on the win but what game were you watching?

standing on his head... hardly.

the wings had 9 good scoring chances, nabby didn't even need to dress.

I think it's called being a homer to say Nabby was the reason the Sharks won.

Hey Guys/Gals,

Where are all those people that were trashing Nabby??? Looks like he stood on his head.

Sharks in 6.

gg

It may LOOK like he stood on his head, but he didnt. Youll hear a lot of people saying this crap because whenever a goaltender gets a shut out or stops a significant number of shots, hes all of a sudden godly - they pay no attention to what kind of shots they were. Detroit is notorious for taking about 10-15 shots a game that a 4'8, 65lb 2nd grader could stop. The funny thing is, Kipper was one, if not the best goaltender in the playoffs this year, yet you dont hear a peep about him because he had a high GAA.

We did not lose becasue of lack of effort, nor did we lose becasue we played a terrible game.

We lost because SJ, an extremely big, fast, and skilled team decided to stash 5 men behind the red line, and concentrate solely on defense.

Let's give credit where credit is due... SJ played a perfect road game. Period.

Well said. I must agree.

Yeah, actually I think that he really looked a lot better than he is. At least we looked worse than we are =D

Nabbys great, but he didnt stand on his head. most of the shots were perimeter...all good chances were getting deflected out of the way. Hasek had to be better tonight than Nabby.

I am pissed, BUT the Wings didn't play awful, nor did they get outplayed. They just didn't play 'their' game and that was all the difference in the world. Nabby was good, NOT great. He didn't really get tested despite facing many more shots than Hasek.

Anyways, this is just ONE game and I am pretty calm about it.

Anyone else think Calder played great tonight? Pretty good for someone with a broken hand eh? Bert, Hank, Drapes, and Cleary played really well.

Positives from this game is that the Wings played REALLY disciplined hockey. One penalty. Big props to them.

Also, the Wings out hit the Sharks. Kinda interesting eh? Is it me or do these 'BIG SHARKS' not play all THAT physical? The way everyone was talking about them was as if they were going to come out pounding and hurting our players. Not the case at all. In fact, Calgary was tougher. Though this is only the first game. But I am comparing based on what I saw from the Flames right away to now the Sharks.

Wings will win the next one.

GO WINGS!!!

SOUNDED like the wings just lack composure when they were in the offensive zone. SOUNDED like the just weren't moving the puck around in RedWingesk style....

..But what do I know, all I could do was listen.

I HATE YOU VERSUS

...I HATE YOU FOREVER!

You'd be fooled by that, wouldn't you?

A shutout doesn't mean he "stood on his head". He did play much better than everyone here gives him credit for though. I really didn't enjoy all the Nabokov trashing myself, as it just makes us look like cocky bastards, and usually it comes back to bite us in the ass. Let's hope that isn't the case now.

He was positioned well through out the whole game. When we got through he made the saves. I thought Nabakov was pretty good. Hasek was good too. You can't blame him for those 2 goals. Defense, and no offensive pressure lost us this game. In the Calgary series we pressured through the defense, and won.

i dont think calder is a 1st line man, he didnt seem to click with Z or dats

He still played a reasonably good game. Still though, he didn't mesh all that well with the first line.

Knowing Babcock, expect a new line come Saturday. He likes to change the lines a lot.

too many turnovers

terrrrrrible PP

they just looked out of sync in the offensive zone.

i am sure the wings will bounce back saturday.

it's just funny how in the first round the wings were up against the best home team in the regular season

and the second round they get the team with the best road record in the regular season.

why can't it be just a middle of the road team for crying out loud!

This game felt like a regular season game more than a playoff game to me. I wasn't even nervous or got angry after the Sharks scored, that's usually a bad sign. Just so, blah. I hope Saturday it starts to feel like the playoffs again. I mean it's not like San Jose outplayed Detroit at ALL! Detroit controlled the play and had the puck like 90% of the time after the Sharks scored their 2nd goal. It was just a bad 25 seconds for the Wings. If they don't score that 2nd goal, who knows what happens, maybe they only win 1-0, maybe we tie it and go into OT. I'm not worried about Detroit in the least, the 4 days off may have also made them lose their jump. On to game 2.

What?

I was just about to make a post saying "So much for the huge San Jose forwards and our defense not being able to cover them." 

The Sharks didn't generate much at all when they were in the Wings zone. The second goal was the Wings' fault.

I thought that one of the reasons we were out of sync was because the bigger san jose players were using their strength to push us off of the puck i esp noticed it with hank and pav. I felt like we didnt have any puck possesion.

That had a big hand in it, but I certainly wouldn't call that the underlying reason. Ultimately, we just weren't smart, whether it was holding off on perfect shot opportunities in favor of a misguided wraparound attempt; faking shots to get a Shark on the ice, then firing the puck into that fallen Shark's chest anyway; or getting too fancy with the passing as we transitioned out of our zone and into neutral ice.

We really missed Homer; someone needs to stir some s*** up in front of Nabby and distract a d-man or two, and he's obviously the only one on the team who's willing and able to do that effectively and consistently.

Edited by Dabura

BUT the Wings didn't play awful, nor did they get outplayed. They just didn't play 'their' game and that was all the difference in the world.

spot on.

the sharks just simply got it done in the game.

lots of blocked shots.

Nabby didnt nearly get tested enough.

bad shot choices by the Wings.

im looking at the sharks and their possibility of winning the series in a whole new light now.

doing something we didn't see calgary do : win in detroit.

wont say the sharks have the series obviously,

but if they keep doing what they did tonight IN detroit.

it may spell out trouble for the WIngs.

i just didn't see any positives to look at tonight folks.

this one was a downer.

Edited by kylee

Ugh, I feel bad for anyone who payed to watch that game. I don't think there's anything worse than watching your team get shut out.

The good news for us is Hasek was solid, and it's a best of seven. I just wish we could have gotten more shots through to the net. All the shots we did manage to get through were taken from the point. Bertuzzi really needs to shoot more, that was really frustrating that one time when he got to the inside and threw it back to the point.

Even though we lost, I really don't feel that worried for some reason. I think this team will be able to bounce back with a great game on Saturday.