• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

I am with the majority of the posters here tonight. I just didn't feel the excitement that is expected with a second round playoff game. We are missing Holstrom and I didn't think a win was in the cards. Hopefully, this brought everyone on the team back to reality and they know Saturday is an important game.

I'm not worried. This was one game. If the Wings really want to advance, I feel that no matter how many shots the Sharks are able to block, we will still be able to score and win. I will also re-evaluate after watching Saturday's game.

I do wish that the crowd at The Joe was more vocal. I know that the acoustics don't lend themselves to a deafening roar, but.....I just want to hear an arena that is alive with the excitement of the playoffs.

Here's to a wonderful Saturday afternoon in Hockeytown!

The sharks were not impressive at all, they scored 1 legit goal plus one flukey thing and then they absolutely sat down for the rest of the game. I want to see what they look like when they actually have to play to score when they get behind. That is not hockey, they played very passively after they got the lead, and did nothing else. Come out and play, make an effort at least.

I actually had a new topic called " game recap" that got deleted by the mighy of this board... maybe considered too negative? Sometimes the truth hurts...

We didn't control anything , they just trapped us the rest of the game and that's all it took. It kind of reminded me of the '95 finals against the Devils.After that Bowman decided to master the trap, and he did...

Dude, stop complaining about your thread getting deleted.

The forum rules are clear: no duplicate threads. Your recap thread was a duplicate of this recap thread. We don't need two recap threads. If you want to make your point, make your point in this thread...it will be read. You don't need to post a duplicate vanity thread to get noticed.

I'm not usually one to talk much in the GDT's and today is no different, all I am going to say is...If the Sharks think that they will win four more games as easy as they did tonight, they are going to be sadly mistaken.

Dude, stop complaining about your thread getting deleted.

The forum rules are clear: no duplicate threads. Your recap thread was a duplicate of this recap thread. We don't need two recap threads. If you want to make your point, make your point in this thread...it will be read. You don't need to post a duplicate vanity thread to get noticed.

No problem dude, I did not know that, sorry.

"Vanity Threads" as you call them ,are a common thing on most forums and just an opinion and nothing more.However it seems redundant since I could've wrote the same message under a different topic name and still had it posted , correct?

The sharks were not impressive at all, they scored 1 legit goal plus one flukey thing and then they absolutely sat down for the rest of the game. I want to see what they look like when they actually have to play to score when they get behind. That is not hockey, they played very passively after they got the lead, and did nothing else. Come out and play, make an effort at least.

Well, impressive or not, they are up 1:0 in this series and that is what counts. However, I agree with most of you that the game was absolutely BOOOORING. I am starting to miss the series against Predators. :D

The crowd was completely taken out of the game after those two quick goals. At least that is what it sounded like over the TV broadcast. Btw, I can't stand the Versus broadcasters.

Anyway, wish both teams to play exciting game on Sat and of course, Sharks to win another one and then finish you off here in SJ.

hello from San Jose

Edited by sharkoholic

I do wish that the crowd at The Joe was more vocal. I know that the acoustics don't lend themselves to a deafening roar, but.....I just want to hear an arena that is alive with the excitement of the playoffs.

Here's to a wonderful Saturday afternoon in Hockeytown!

The crowds at the Joe are extremely loud, but when watching it on tv you wouldn't think that for a second. It makes no sense but you gotta be there to see how amazing the atmosphere and excitement is down there. The TV doesn't show any of it..that's for sure.

Whatever might be said about the boys' game tonight, I think this guy's overview of the first game hits the nail on the head pretty dead-on. And definitely better than a majority of websites or newspapers will spin it:

IPB Image

:hehe: Two days til Saturday.

I hope to God we win four straight to shut ESPN up.

I swore after reading this article that Detroit doesn't have a prayer in the series.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=270426005

ESPN seems to think the series is over, lets hope the young Sharks make that mistake.

Let them say what they want. Watch what happens when the Wings get a victory on Saturday. I bet there will be an article praising the Wings and saying "Oh this series is far from over and bla bla bla."

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

it certainly was a disappointment to see us drop game 1 at home... But I have to be honest. I was a little worried about the series before tonight, and even though we lost, I think (hope) game one was quite revealing. I think we showed that we are without capable of hanging with the sharks, contrary to popular thought. We almost doubled them in shots, and for most of the game were neck and neck in tempo, even though I think we played like s***. If we play with some inspiration on saturday, I think we'll take game two. Nabakov was decent tonight, credit to him even though his saves were pretty easy and the wings didn't really challenge him. Still a tip 'o the hat to him though. With a little excitement, the return of homer, and the cheering of the Joe Louis faithful, I'm calling game two 4-2 wings.

No problem dude, I did not know that, sorry.

"Vanity Threads" as you call them ,are a common thing on most forums and just an opinion and nothing more.However it seems redundant since I could've wrote the same message under a different topic name and still had it posted , correct?

Actually, no. Topic name doesn't really matter much because we also look at content (although the topic name you chose made yours easier to catch :) ). Our goal is to make this forum operate better than other forums, and part of that means keeping discussion on topic and combined into as few threads as possible. Starting new threads all over the place on duplicate topics is no way to carry on a conversation, so we're going to keep that to a minimum - in accordance to the Forum Guidelines.

The crowds at the Joe are extremely loud, but when watching it on tv you wouldn't think that for a second. It makes no sense but you gotta be there to see how amazing the atmosphere and excitement is down there. The TV doesn't show any of it..that's for sure.

I am one to always back the crowds and their levels... Tonight... Way low volume.. But the sharks took us out of the game WAY early and the wings didn't do a damn thing to reverse it.

It definitely DID NOT have the same feel the first 2 games of last round did. It was more like a regular season game atmosphere. That and they changed the Join the Red Wave song... I liked the one from last round better :(

Let them say what they want. Watch what happens when the Wings get a victory on Saturday. I bet there will be an article praising the Wings and saying "Oh this series is far from over and bla bla bla."

Yes, I too wish Wings blank them 4-0 or something of the kind , in the midst of an erupting Joe... but let me be the minority persimist around here, I'm good at it: I have a feeling it won't happen.It will be a close , lucky one for the winner.

Anyway I think ultimately we should be the"Calgary" of this series and punch them in the mouth a few times , see if those young guys rattle any...

I am one to always back the crowds and their levels... Tonight... Way low volume.. But the sharks took us out of the game WAY early and the wings didn't do a damn thing to reverse it.

It definitely DID NOT have the same feel the first 2 games of last round did. It was more like a regular season game atmosphere. That and they changed the Join the Red Wave song... I liked the one from last round better :(

Oh I agree. Today the crowd was completely out of it in which any crowd would be being down 2-0 so early on.

I thought the song sounded different! They showed the JLA like 5 minutes before game time and I heard this freestlying..dance type of song. Was that the new one? I really digged the one from the last round too.

Yes, I too wish Wings blank them 4-0 or something of the kind , in the midst of an erupting Joe... but let me be the minority persimist around here, I'm good at it: I have a feeling it won't happen.It will be a close , lucky one for the winner.

Anyway I think ultimately we should be the"Calgary" of this series and punch them in the mouth a few times , see if those young guys rattle any...

Yeah that oughta do it. :rolleyes:

You're a Wings fan? This entire time I thought you were a Sharks fan that was trying to get under everyones skin.

Anyways, the Wings will be fine.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

im surprised that you guys didnt get at least one gaol. Sharks looked good out there... text book road win. im sure the wings will bring it next game. Good luck. Goooo sharks!!!

As a Sharks fan, that was how I saw it. The Sharks looked good the first half of the first period. The Sharks scored on their one PP chance, then got the turnover on the next shift to get the 2-0 lead. Sharks fans knew Wilson would go defensive the rest of the way. (We hate it. Sharks have blown some games this year.) Solid game from Nabokov to close out the game.

Sharks ARE a good road team. Good to get the early lead in this series but, as I said in another thread, the Sharks are the type of team that can come back from a 3-0 deficit or blow a 3-0 lead. I still believe this will be a long series that can go either way.

Wow...just wow. I thought Detroit had a hockey team. They look like a bunch of old men from a softball team trying to play hockey out there. Just wait until we really unleash the beast. All i heard was detroit could roll 4 lines blah blah blah. Looks like our 3rd and 4th line dominated. 35 shots on goal next game...I guarantee it. That is unless you don't score again. In which case, we'll just sit back and knock the puck out of the zone for 45min.

And Sharks fans actually show up to the game. All 17,496 of us will be there minus a few hundred Red Wings fans. Do any of you guys actually live in Michigan?

Well, impressive or not, they are up 1:0 in this series and that is what counts. However, I agree with most of you that the game was absolutely BOOOORING. I am starting to miss the series against Predators. :D

The crowd was completely taken out of the game after those two quick goals. At least that is what it sounded like over the TV broadcast. Btw, I can't stand the Versus broadcasters.

Anyway, wish both teams to play exciting game on Sat and of course, Sharks to win another one and then finish you off here in SJ.

hello from San Jose

seriously, i am drunk. but if you wana talk about whatever the "f" ever then go to your own thread. the way i see it it is the wings gave up a good play then the sharks got lucky. Nabby is not anything to be conerned about. I hate that these sharks fans can post whatever they want here. it is B.S. You got lucky. Twice. The rest of the games we owned the sharks. They just played puessy to protect their sorry lead. Nabs is not kips and we will beat him next game. No doubt.

Wow. Just got back from the game. I can honestly say that I have never seen a less entertaining game in person. This is also the first time, other than in a shootout, that the Wings have lost a game that I attended. I was just absolutely shocked at how it seemed like absolutely no one came to play today. It just looked like absolutely nobody cared about winning that hockey game. San Jose kept everyone to the perimiter. The way they played, you'd think that Shanahan or Hull were still on the team. It was just pathetic.

My two cents.

Word,

LDi03

seriously, i am drunk. but if you wana talk about whatever the "f" ever then go to your own thread. the way i see it it is the wings gave up a good play then the sharks got lucky. Nabby is not anything to be conerned about. I hate that these sharks fans can post whatever they want here. it is B.S. You got lucky. Twice. The rest of the games we owned the sharks. They just played puessy to protect their sorry lead. Nabs is not kips and we will beat him next game. No doubt.

Sharks fans have just as much right to post here as Wings fans do, as long as they abide by the forum rules. There's not much purpose to having a forum if we stifle voices and sit around agreeing with each other all the time. Consider that once you sober up.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what any of the Sharks fans posted. They gave their opinions and insight on the game.

The way I see it you are being rude and for no good reason. Maybe sober up before you come out slamming them.

I'm blaming this game on Datsyuk's missed opportunity early in the game. Yes, poor judgement, I know, but think about it, him scoring that goal would have set momentum, and I'm sure the outcome would have not been the same. That was a big time wasted opportunity by Dats. Shameful.

Wow. Just got back from the game. I can honestly say that I have never seen a less entertaining game in person. This is also the first time, other than in a shootout, that the Wings have lost a game that I attended. I was just absolutely shocked at how it seemed like absolutely no one came to play today. It just looked like absolutely nobody cared about winning that hockey game. San Jose kept everyone to the perimiter. The way they played, you'd think that Shanahan or Hull were still on the team. It was just pathetic.

My two cents.

Word,

LDi03

LOL didn't it feel like a season game as well? Definitely not exciting.

We need to start pulling the trigger sometimes too, instead of waiting for that "GOLDEN" shot. Our Power Play needs alot of work, i'm not saying we need to score everytime we have one, we need to add a goal that way other 3 or 4th chance we have. We were slow the first period but we picked it up in the second and third. I have alot of faith behind these guys they will find a way to win. Still have 6 games for us to get those 4 wins.