• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

hmm let see..SJ played 7/60 minutes that game. The rest was Detroit. I'm pissed with the result but hey it's one game and Saturday is a different story.

I guess thats all the minutes that the sharks needed to play :)

Its only one game, the 24 seconds where we made mistakes cost us the hockey game.. I think the Wings will come out flying come game 2 and spilt the first 2 games.. but we have to have minimal giveaways that's forsure and our PP has to be better, not just shooting the puck into the sharks shinpads <_<

Its only one game, the 24 seconds where we made mistakes cost us the hockey game.. I think the Wings will come out flying come game 2 and spilt the first 2 games.. but we have to have minimal giveaways that's forsure and our PP has to be better, not just shooting the puck into the sharks shinpads <_<

:thumbup: what he said

The game was a well played affair, however on both sides of the ledger (Sharks/Wings) there were many mistakes. We (San Jose) only managed to capitalize on two of the mistakes, in 24 seconds. Cheech had the puck roll off his stick (well that's what the announcers said, but I think he fanned on his backhand attempt), and he had Hasek CLEARLY beaten. There was another time before the initial goal where there was a turnover at the blue line and Cheech had the puck on his stick and fired high over the net, most likely thanks to Lidstrom getting back and partially blocking the shot with his stick.

The Sharks gave up too many scary chances, only the Wings seemed reluctant to pull the trigger. Zetterberg didn't shoot on the odd-man rush, gave an extra pass to Datsyuk, who stickhandled for what seemed liek 15 seconds in front of the net before having his stick mercifully lifter by Marleau. Bertuzzi walked right in on Nabokov during a power play and then inexplicably weakly passed it back to the point so Lidstrom could fire a shot that was... "blocked!" Two goals the Wings passed up right there, and those were gimme's. I didn't even mention the shot ringing off the post.

If your guys would've pulled the trigger a few more times, and our guys would have capitalized a bit more, you're looking at a wholly different game. However, please don't say that there were only 24 seconds where mistakes were made. They were made all over the ice, by both teams, only the Sharks came out in this particular case on the winning end. Game two will be better, harder fought, more exciting for us the fan, I'm so looking forward to tomorrow.

"Sharks in 5"