• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sting 11

POST GAME - Game 1 (4/26) SJ 2 DET 0

Rate this topic

Well, that was positively awful.

Let's talk about it here, if you want to. :unsure:

It's a loss, but I don't feel so bad. There were no gigantic hits against us (like we kept hearing was coming), and they basically stayed back the whole game after the two early goals. Babcock will make adjustments. Plus, the whole "haven't lost at home" thing is gone so they can start focusing on bringing it in San Jose instead of relying on home ice to do anything.

Steady as she goes boys!

esteef

Edited by esteef

Nice horrible effort by the Wings. Tonight they get a :thumbdown: from me.

This is not over yet though. We can still do this.

Now, I will excavate the board until tomorrow, as I have no patience to listen to the Sharks fans right now. It's that Samadelphia guy that really annoys me. Goodnight LGW.

The Sharks deserve credit; they took advantage of their chances and slipped right into lockdown mode for the rest of the night. Boring, but it worked.

The Wings, on the other hand, should be beaten with blunt objects and forced to read The Idiot's Guide to Hockey before Saturday. Every aspect of our play was absolutely horrible.

You gotta look at it this way: Detroit played like crap and they only lost 2-0. Not bringing your A game is an automatic loss in the playoffs. The Wings know that. The Sharks played a great game, the Wings didnt. Id feel a lot worse about this game if the Wings played great and still lost.

didnt see any of the game untill last 15 minutes or so. we looked to be on the offensive most of that time. could our players handle those big fat forwards like ive been hearing so much about or where they jsut in defensive mode that early?

I know a lot of Wings fans are contemplating jumping off bridges, hanging themselves, jumping in front of traffic, etc. right now but this series isn't over. I felt the Wings controlled the pace of the game after the first 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the best team doesn't always win. The Sharks made us pay on the PP and got a flukey goal on a turnover.

Nabokov was sharp and the Sharks' defense did a great job of limiting the Wings' quality chances. Conversely, the Wings did a really good job of shutting down San Jose's offense. The Sharks were sitting back though for most of the game. You could tell the Wings missed Holmstrom a lot.

The Wings will play better next game. I'm not worried at all yet. The good taken away from this game is that what I was worrying about most didn't really happen. The Sharks challenged the Wings defense but the Wings could still get good outlet passes off, which is obviously the key to our offense.

Edited by ARice89

I thought it was pretty even all night... We were a bit better on the full strength. If we can manage a better PP and stop making stupid mistakes, (turnovers) I would say we have a good chance at this series.

The Wings will play better next game. I'm not worried at all yet.
I feel the same way. Edited by RedWingedKitten

i thought the wings were too slow, not in sync with one another, had`way too many turnovers, and couldnt win the battles in the corners and against the walls. They were just outplayed period tonight. Probably one of the most boring hockey games I have watched in a long time

p.s. I thought Schneids played horrible tonight

Edited by drw1319

At least the Wings had more shots than the Sharks, but I expected that anyway. Their first period play was awful. The second and third period were decent. I thought we would get a goal sometime but it just didn't happen. The Sharks' defense did a very good job preventing high-quality scoring chances.

Better luck next game :siren:

Edited by AlTheOctopus