• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

norrisnick

What are you listening to? 2?

Rate this topic

Band-of-skulls-i-know-what-i-am.jpg

band-of-skulls--sweet-sour-13251-530x330.jpg

Saw these guys, with the family Monday at St.Andrews. Ran into Lidstrom on the way out, literally. He was coming out of the balcony as we were going through the door next to the stairs and kinda bounced off him, I didn' t even see who it was, but my wife sure did. Nick quickly disappeared upstairs to the backstage.

"That was cool"

"Yeah, good show"

"No, didn't you see who we bounced off of???"

"Uhh, you mean that girl with the rack that came through the door??"

"Noooo, Nick Lidstrom"

"???????"

"I just bounced off NIck Lidstrom???"

(Security dood hears us say Lidstrom and starts giving us the SHHHHH sign)

"Holy s***!, why didn't you tell me?"

"You bounced right off him, I thought for sure you saw who you just bounced off of."

"But I didnt see the girl you were talking about, must been a nice rack, you didn't even know you bounced off Nick"

"Yeah, it was a nice, but not as nice as yours."

"Liar"

"Uh-Hunh."

Wow! there are soooo many great bands out there. There is actually too much to listen to through all the years past that you just can't hear it all. I'm a true music fan as well, nothing better than listening to a good song, except a Detroit win. I could go on forever about music but I won't, here is a couple of bands that I like that are not really well known

1. oceansize

2. porcupinetree

I listed these 2 bands because many people said they like pink floyd. porcupinetree was heavily influenced by floyd but is ten times better. I know I know I love floyd too, but really these guys are the most creative band i have ever heard and that is probably the biggest compliment I can give them. they have so many different sounding albums unlike ACDC who is another classic great but has almost that same riff or beat in every song. try listening to a couple of their songs because some of them are quite different or odd but if you know music you will see how talented they are. I have many of their cds and there is to many songs to tell about, but try and listen to the song Always Never. It will blow your mind.

Now if you are talking guitar playing there is also too many to list but try my personal favorite George Lynch. you can find tons of stuff on youtube on him, but if you are gonna look grab some toilet paper cause you are gonna s***.

Other notables are pearl jam, tool, stone temple pilots, alice in chains, sound garden, zeppelin, blind melon, megadeth, metallica, audioslave, mad season, foo fighters, alterbridge, the list is endless my friends, i haven't even put a dent in this.

"Midnight at the Oasis" - Maria Muladur.
I was curious who did the great guitar break on the original song. I had two guesses and one of them was right: Amos Garrett, although he's not in this video.
Looking this up brought another fact to light. For almost thirty-eight years, I've thought the lyrics were:

Come on, can't you see he's our friend
He'll point out the way

Turns out the lyrics are:

Come on, Cactus is our friend
He'll point out the way

Now, there are two options:
1) The camel's name is "Cactus" or
2) This is a sly reference to peyote.

Take your pick.

"Midnight at the Oasis" - Maria Muladur.

I was curious who did the great guitar break on the original song. I had two guesses and one of them was right: Amos Garrett, although he's not in this video.

Looking this up brought another fact to light. For almost thirty-eight years, I've thought the lyrics were:

Turns out the lyrics are:

Now, there are two options:

1) The camel's name is "Cactus" or

2) This is a sly reference to peyote.

Take your pick.

If memory serves me correctly, the guitarist in this clip is David Nichtern, the writer of the song. Famous Amos was definitely the player on the original recording. Man that guy has great sounding hands. I won't say that I forgot about this song, but it sure brings back some memories for me.

And considering David's associates at the time this was written, my pick is #2.