• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PROBIE4PREZ

Holmstrom = Dino?

Rate this topic

man are we missing holmstrom ... anyone see the monster rebounds nabokov was spitting out? the wings need to captilize on those garbage goals .. they are gonna be big in this series .. im still in shock actually after last nights loss. To many times we were holding onto the puck for way to long. Dats and Hank had PRIME TIME scoring chances but didnt pull the trigger(points on the powerplay to). Holmstrom is so huge to our depth chart and it doesnt help with all the assumed injured. To make it through this series it going to take 4 lines full of energy.

anyone see the monster rebounds nabokov was spitting out?

God, I must have yelled at least twenty times last night at the TV when those rebounds jumped out. I realize that if the D were to pinch in they might get caught but there were a bunch of times that someone crashing the net could've knocked one in. Holmstrom my be the key piece that we are missing at this point. I hope he can make it back sooner than game 4.

of course the absence of Holmstrom is going to hurt the Wings. I've often wondered why the guy doesn't get more credit around here. It's almost painfully obvious that Holmstrom is the #1 guy on the Wings roster that opposing teams have to account for in every game because of his presence around the net. Just read some articles in opposing papers, they're very complimentary of guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lidstrom, but almost every time you'll read about how they have to find a way of getting Holmstrom out from in front of the crease.

I'd trade just about anyone to get Holmstrom on the Predators. He would be such a huge asset, especially against the sharks where you know he's going to draw one of those huge defensemen the entire time he's on the ice.

Edited by Legionnaire11

of course the absence of Holmstrom is going to hurt the Wings. I've often wondered why the guy doesn't get more credit around here. It's almost painfully obvious that Holmstrom is the #1 guy on the Wings roster that opposing teams have to account for in every game because of his presence around the net. Just read some articles in opposing papers, they're very complimentary of guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Lidstrom, but almost every time you'll read about how they have to find a way of getting Holmstrom out from in front of the crease.

I'd trade just about anyone to get Holmstrom on the Predators. He would be such a huge asset, especially against the sharks where you know he's going to draw one of those huge defensemen the entire time he's on the ice.

wow its been awhile..glad of you to join us back=)

been spending a lot of time on the preds boards wrapping up the season, and not really wanting to inject myself too much in to the Wings playoff run.

sorry for off topic but i just wanted to say its great to see you posting :thumbup:

Guest Crymson

man are we missing holmstrom ... anyone see the monster rebounds nabokov was spitting out? the wings need to captilize on those garbage goals .. they are gonna be big in this series .. im still in shock actually after last nights loss. To many times we were holding onto the puck for way to long. Dats and Hank had PRIME TIME scoring chances but didnt pull the trigger(points on the powerplay to). Holmstrom is so huge to our depth chart and it doesnt help with all the assumed injured. To make it through this series it going to take 4 lines full of energy.

Your points:

A) We need to score on rebounds.

B) We need to take better shots.

C) We need to have 4 good lines.

I think this is rather obvious, no offense; and it's not quite as easy as you make it out to be. All throughout the regular season, people were complaining about us not doing this, or us not shooting that, and we finished tied for first in the league. No team is perfect, but ours is better than most.

Edited by Crymson

Obviously I miss Holmstrom as Wings do as a bona fide sh** disturber in front of the net, especially with Nabby giving up rebounds. But speaking of d-men pinching, let's break it down a bit.

Schneider and Chelios - pinch down to the hashmarks, though Schneids usually only down to the top of the circle and shoot.

Lidstrom and Lillypants - pinch down to the bottom of the circles for a shot.

Markov - usually point shots only.

Quincey - I don't really know enough about him but seems a point shot guy.

Kronner - great point shot but he's out, so it doesn't matter.

Lebda - oh he only shoots from EVERYWHERE. This guy goes in below the goal line, with speed, and will set up a forward's shot from down below the circle.

For all that's missing with Holmstrom out - not to make Lebda more important than Holmstrom - Lebda adds that unpredictability that can really throw off an opposing team's D. He reminds me a bit of a certain (then Mighty) Duck that played against a certain Detroit who got beaten in a certain playoffs. While that style of play has me biting my nails at times (kinda' like Dom's wanderings), it also gets me out of my seat and when it works makes the whole team that much more scary. Now when you combine that with Holmstrom's net presence, their combined loss is way more crucial than one or the other's.

That said, yes I was extremely frustrated with our forwards (especially the first line) lack of shooting quickly. It seemed I saw too much thinking before shooting instead of going with the gut and taking the quick shot. Even without d-men pinching or Holmstrom screening, those shots have to be taken, for there were chances for rebounds had those shots come on too quickly for Nabby to be ready to freeze them.

I miss dino.

I'm willing to bet he was the worst skater in NHL history, including goaltenders.

Take a close look at Jonathan Cheechoo is this series. I'm willing to bet be could give Dino a run for his money. I adore Cheech, but he's a horrible skater.

I miss dino.

I'm willing to bet he was the worst skater in NHL history, including goaltenders.

At the risk of derailing the thread, I'd have to put Ray Sheppard and Lucky Luc ahead of Dino on the "worst skaters hall of shame".

I'll take Scott Parker in that category.

from www.divealanche.com

Why is Scott Parker nicknamed "The Sheriff"?

a) Because he lays down the law when he's on the ice

b) Because he keeps the other team's bad guys in line

c) Because he commands respect whenever he appears in a game

d) Because he skates as though he's wearing cowboy boots

hahahahahahaha

I'll take Scott Parker in that category.

Definitly. He is by far the worst skater in the league right now. And if you can believe it, Parker was a first round draft pick! What did Colorado see in him?

I have to admit he's a good fighter, but I'm sure he could have slipped all the way into the 10th round and still be avalible. Questionable choice taking him so early.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Yes we are missing Homer and hopefully he can come back for Game 4.

One main reason is the majority of goals are from rebounds not the first shot. Until we have homer back, some players will have to take his role.