• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Holmstrom: Out until at least Game 4

Rate this topic

Can anyone tell me why Bertuzzi's sole job, written across the board in the dressing room is not "PLANT YOUR ASS IN FRONT OF NABOKOV AND DONT MOVE UNTIL THE FINAL WHISTLE"?? If there's anyone on our team that's huge and somewhat intimidating it's #44. Babcock?

lmao...sammy is so thin

He's not thin, he's wirey :P . At least he will be off the point, and he does have great stick control. I think he will be more effective than Cleary at deflections and collecting rebounds, and Cleary would be better as a one-timer guy accepting cross ice passes in the circles.

That's actually a good idea , if he's in there he won't be fireing in all those inaffective shots.

What??? But then who's going to let all the gently rolling pucks out of the offensive zone? Seriously, it would seem like it should be Calder, Bert, or Franzen because of their size, but they all have had the opportunity on the PP to set up in front of the net and they never sem to do much there. This would probably be insane, but just for the sake of conversation, what would happen if we put Lilypads in front of their net? He's got size, he's hard to move ...

What??? But then who's going to let all the gently rolling pucks out of the offensive zone? Seriously, it would seem like it should be Calder, Bert, or Franzen because of their size, but they all have had the opportunity on the PP to set up in front of the net and they never sem to do much there. This would probably be insane, but just for the sake of conversation, what would happen if we put Lilypads in front of their net? He's got size, he's hard to move ...

Bert: absolutley, he should be on the #1 PP line in front of the goal.

Calder: Shouldn't be on the PP. He doesn't have all his playing ability back yet and he has a broken hand. Plus, if he was on the PP, he would be chasing the dumped pucks in and trying to throw them in front of the net.

Franzen: Yeah, but I think he is wasted in front. He has a great wrist shot and is accurate too. I think he would be better between the circles, like where Lang floats.

Yeah, right, until he needs to pass the puck.

I meant until he shoots. I guess I was thinking hand-eye coordination.

Ok, so how reliable is a Swedish newspaper connection? Seems kind of fishy to me. We all know that injuries are never reported correctly during the playoffs (a head cold for God's sake, what is that code for?) but why would Homer talk to a Swedish newspaper?

Ok, so how reliable is a Swedish newspaper connection? Seems kind of fishy to me. We all know that injuries are never reported correctly during the playoffs (a head cold for God's sake, what is that code for?) but why would Homer talk to a Swedish newspaper?

I was wondering how reliable this report is as well. But maybe I am just holding out hope that he can come back sooner.

I did read something about that yesterday and I thought it was in Ansar Khan's bolg but I can't find it anymore. I hope that the report isn't true but form the sounds of it we might have to find a way to win this series without Homer.

Hey guys, lets not get to down on this, wings will do fine without him and when he gets back they will be just that much better.

We have to make it 4 games first. Not saying they'll be swept, but a 3-1 deficit is tough to beat. And if they don't pick up the passing and special teams, we may not even get that.

All right. With the recent new I think we need a lineup change since it is longer term. I think that Kopecky should get a shot at showing if he can contribute. I know he has missed so much time and that he is a rookie, but I really think that he has that grit that the wings are going to need against this team. I was impressed by Kopecky when he played this year and really think he could add something to this lineup. As much as I love Hudler, he looked rather unaffective against those big guys, and Samuelsson has been pretty bad with the exception of one good game, so I would scratch one of those two and bring in Kopecky.

Edited by russianswede919293

I think we might take what Homer does for granted a wee bit ... if anyone could step in and do what he does then every team in the league would have a Homer, and they don't ... Homer is clearly the best at what he does, and noone on our roster is going to fill his skates (or the seat of his pants) in front of the crease. So the question is, are we better off to try to find a less-than-Homer replacement for him and run the same power play, or do we change our strategy while he is out? Based on last night I think I'd favor the latter, but I don't know how easy that is to do mid-series. We've done things the Homer way for so long ...

Edited by lets go pavel

Kopecky looked pretty damn good in warmups last night.... scratch Sammy and put Kopecky in!

Question though Osgod, what about lines, I have debated that one with it too...I think Franzen needs to be moved up to the first line in that scenario and Calder should bring a more veteran presence on a 4th line with 2 of the 3 rookies, and then one of either Filpulla or Hudler gets bumped up to play with Lang and Bert, I'd say Filpulla.

What do you think?

Dats-Z-Franzen

Flapjack-Lang-Bert

Cleary-Drapes-Maltby

Calder-Kopecky-Hudler

(I believe Kopecky can play center, I may be wrong though)